Page 60 of 258 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    back on topic
    Ok this is the political thread, how about some gun control?

Woman kills 2 students in La. vo-tech classroom, then kills self

2/8/2008, 9:04 p.m. CST
    By DOUG SIMPSON
    The Associated Press
    BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A 23-year-old woman shot and killed two other women in a vocational college classroom Friday, then turned the .357 revolver on herself and committed suicide, police said.

All three were students at the Louisiana Technical College campus, but the motive was not clear, said Sgt. Don Kelly, a spokesman for the Baton Rouge Police Department.

"Why those two women were targeted ... is still an unanswered question," Kelly said.

The victims were identified as Karsheika Graves, 21, and Taneshia Butler, 26, both of Baton Rouge. The suspect was Latina Williams, whose address was unknown, Kelly said.

About 20 people were in the emergency medical technology class when the shooting occurred, Kelly said.

The shooter entered the room briefly, spoke with the instructor and left, he said. She then returned through another door and fired six rounds, killing the two victims, Kelly said, then reloaded and shot herself in the head.

Officers ran into the building within four minutes of the first 911 call, which came at 8:36 a.m., Kelly said.

"There was mass pandemonium, people running," Kelly said. "One officer — the first into the classroom — told me he could still smell gunpowder."

Classes were canceled through Tuesday, and tentatively scheduled to resume Wednesday, said Jim Henderson, vice president of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System.

Mayor Kip Holden told reporters it was "a tragic day for Baton Rouge, when you come to a learning institution ... and become the victim of a violent crime."

Students were told to stay in their classrooms for about two hours before after the shootings before being released for the day, student Louis Davis said. Davis said he was taking a test for an automobile technology class when the instructor told the class "to stay in the classroom because there's been an incident."

He said they were allowed to leave after a police officer asked them brief questions.

The school of about 800 students — one of two LTC campuses in Baton Rouge and dozens around the state — offers classes in a dozen subjects including early childhood education, practical nursing, drafting and welding.

The incident came on the heels of two attacks in public places in other states. In Portsmouth, Ohio, a teacher's estranged husband charged into her classroom Thursday morning, firing a gun, then stabbing her. He later killed himself; the teacher survived.

In the St. Louis suburb of Kirkwood, Mo., a man who had lost a free-speech lawsuit against the government stormed a council meeting and killed three city officials and two police officers, critically wounding the mayor.
    ___
    Associated Press Writer Janet McConnaughey in New Orleans contributed to this story.

© 2008 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index....list=louisiana
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Fear the the Gov't that fears your guns. N.R.A for life!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Fear the the Gov't that fears your guns. N.R.A for life!
    I got no problem with the R in N.R.A!

It is the concealed weapons that people can sneak into a bank, or university and lay waste to innocent lives!

What ban B.B. guns too? What is next? B carefull here it is a slippery slope and where does it end..Civil liberties cannot B taken away ever. Freedom (insert Mel Gibson photo from the movie here) Pro bowl started with Tony G. catch. 2..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I got no problem with the R in N.R.A!

It is the concealed weapons that people can sneak into a bank, or university and lay waste to innocent lives!
    Just a thought HH...what if law abiding citizens who have CCRs (Concealed carry permits) were allowed to carry those on campus. Virginia Tech would've been a tragedy still, but the loss of life would've been less than 10. Why do I say this, because I know a lot of people here in AZ that would've been able to defend not only themselves, but the other innocent people in their classroom.

Gun control as a theory is great...but when you take it off paper and apply it, the only people without guns are the crooks who don't care about the law.

I do agree that closing up loopholes on illegal sales, and non-background check sales is important, however in the case of VA Tech, that kid actually purchased the guns legally. He then proceeded to conceal carry without a permit, and because any legal permit holders had to leave their firearms at home or in their cars, no one could defend themselves.

I am a member of the NRA, I am a gun-toting redneck, and a I am NOT ashamed.

I have never pointed my weapon at a human being, and hope never to have the situation arise. However if someone were to threaten anyone in my family or myself with lethal force I would respond quickly, concisely and within the law. I generally won't go places (other than airports) that don't permit a citizen to carry...why? Because I do carry, and choose not to break the law.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

But if guns were illegal they would not be all over the place...just saying. There is a reason the US has one of the worlds highest murder rates.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    But if guns were illegal they would not be all over the place...just saying. There is a reason the US has one of the worlds highest murder rates.
    Still plenty of gun crime in the UK....just responding.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/2nd..._after_ban.htm

Gun crimes in England have almost doubled since 1997, when a ban on firearms began.
    According to the Sunday Times of London, crimes in which guns were used numbered 4,671 in 2005-06....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Still plenty of gun crime in the UK....just responding.
    but nowhere near as many murders
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Just a thought HH...what if law abiding citizens who have CCRs (Concealed carry permits) were allowed to carry those on campus. Virginia Tech would've been a tragedy still, but the loss of life would've been less than 10. Why do I say this, because I know a lot of people here in AZ that would've been able to defend not only themselves, but the other innocent people in their classroom.

Gun control as a theory is great...but when you take it off paper and apply it, the only people without guns are the crooks who don't care about the law.

I do agree that closing up loopholes on illegal sales, and non-background check sales is important, however in the case of VA Tech, that kid actually purchased the guns legally. He then proceeded to conceal carry without a permit, and because any legal permit holders had to leave their firearms at home or in their cars, no one could defend themselves.

I am a member of the NRA, I am a gun-toting redneck, and a I am NOT ashamed.

I have never pointed my weapon at a human being, and hope never to have the situation arise. However if someone were to threaten anyone in my family or myself with lethal force I would respond quickly, concisely and within the law. I generally won't go places (other than airports) that don't permit a citizen to carry...why? Because I do carry, and choose not to break the law.
    That pretty much summed up my argument against hand guns, as the criminals don't care, they will carry a gun anywhere they want, whereas the law abiding citizens would follow the law and not have had firearms on their person at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    That pretty much summed up my argument against hand guns, as the criminals don't care, they will carry a gun anywhere they want, whereas the law abiding citizens would follow the law and not have had firearms on their person at the school.
    Where the society that does not have guns does not have all the shooting problems. Don't you ever wonder why there are not nearly as many of these school shootings outside the US?