Page 62 of 258 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Wow, this thread took an interesting turn.
    You told me to get back on topic!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Interesting that a thread dealing with political candidates turned into a gun thread.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I wonder if it is the same old tune: Demo's for tight gun control-(taking away freedoms) Republicans for individual rights-the right to bear arms no matter what the cost.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Obama wins all 5 contests this weekend: Washington, Louisiana, Nebraska, Maine, and the Virgin Islands. Very good news for those who, like me, don't want the Clintons back in the WH!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Obama wins all 5 contests this weekend: Washington, Louisiana, Nebraska, Maine, and the Virgin Islands. Very good news for those who, like me, don't want the Clintons back in the WH!
    Anything is better than a Clinton.
    everything else is better than an Obama.

Anything is better than a Clinton.
    everything else is better than an Obama.
    And then after that, anything else is better than a McCain!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    And then after that, anything else is better than a McCain!
    Absolutely. Irritating isn't it?

I have to be a Huckster now.

Absolutely. Irritating isn't it?

I have to be a Huckster now.
    Me too. Although it is a super big longshot for the Huckster to win the nomination, I would love to see McCain (after having used him to help knock out Mitt Romney) end up losing to that very guy himself! That would be SWEEEEET! Especially on the heels of McCain saying, "I assume I'm going to win the nomination." Well you know what can happen when you assume!

Interesting that a thread dealing with political candidates turned into a gun thread.
    I was just picking a recent topic in the news that will make a difference in the way many people will end up voting for president.

As we have seen by the strong feelings shared by many members.

I would say I am in the minority here, but I don't think I explained myself properly at all on the issue.

I'm kind of with Chris Rock on this one.

I say forget the gun control and make a bullet cost $5000! That would stop all the "innocent bystanders" if it cost that much to shoot somebody!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I was just picking a recent topic in the news that will make a difference in the way many people will end up voting for president.

As we have seen by the strong feelings shared by many members.

I would say I am in the minority here, but I don't think I explained myself properly at all on the issue.

I'm kind of with Chris Rock on this one.

I say forget the gun control and make a bullet cost $5000! That would stop all the "innocent bystanders" if it cost that much to shoot somebody!
    Ha!!! Not a bad idea at all!!