Page 63 of 258 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Ha!!! Not a bad idea at all!!

I can't post the video, as there is swearing, but it's not hard to find on YouTube.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I was just picking a recent topic in the news that will make a difference in the way many people will end up voting for president.

As we have seen by the strong feelings shared by many members.

I would say I am in the minority here, but I don't think I explained myself properly at all on the issue.

I'm kind of with Chris Rock on this one.

I say forget the gun control and make a bullet cost $5000! That would stop all the "innocent bystanders" if it cost that much to shoot somebody!
    Unfortunately, the criminal-types would go ahead and steal the bullets.

Let me see if I have gotten this straight then.

Since people who may do harm can have guns, everybody else should have guns too, just in case they need to defend themselves from someone with a gun.

Is this about right?

By that logic every country should be allowed to have nuclear weapons because some countries already do, and they need to be able to defend themselves.

I guess the answer really is more guns.

I guess the answer really is more guns.
    Or no guns at all (except for law enforcement, army etc...)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Or no guns at all (except for law enforcement, army etc...)
    Well I'll just go ahead and be the first to say it.

If the illegal drug trade problem were to suddenly go away, there would be a lot less gun violence.

It would do nothing about the random school shootings, or personal property theft (although I would say that is usually involved with junkies trying to get money for their fix).

So all the kids at this highschool (today) should have had guns, and then this wouldn't have happened?

Student shoots classmate in Memphis school cafeteria: official

27 minutes ago
    MEMPHIS, Tennessee (AFP) — A student was shot by a classmate in the cafeteria of a Memphis, Tennessee high school in the latest of a slew of high-profile shootings across the country, officials said Monday.

"A student was shot by a classmate in the cafeteria during a physical education class that was being held in that area," said Rita Cooper, spokeswoman for Memphis City Schools.

"The suspect, who is also a student at Mitchell High, is in police custody," she added.

Police spokeswoman Monique Martin told CNN that the student was shot at least twice and was in critical condition.

"We don't have a motive at this time," she said.
    Cooper did not comment on the student's condition but said he had been taken to hospital and "our thoughts and prayers remain with this student and his family."

The shooting came following a bloody week in the United States.

On Friday, a female student shot dead two other women before turning the gun on herself at a college in the southern state of Louisiana Friday
    On Thursday, a gunman opened fire at an Ohio school, wounding his estranged wife in front of her students before fleeing and later killing himself after a three-hour standoff.

He had earlier stabbed another woman believed to be one of his wife's friends prior to going to the school.
    Also on Thursday, a suburban city council meeting in the Midwestern state of Missouri became a scene of carnage when an enraged gunman burst in and shot seven people, five of them fatally.

He managed to kill two police officers and three city employees before police shot him dead, St Louis County Police spokeswoman Tracy Panus told AFP.
    The man, who had a history of interrupting council meetings with complaints about persecution by officials, rushed into the council chambers as the meeting was getting under way, witnesses said.
    In California on Thursday, a man suspected of murdering three family members shot dead a Los Angeles SWAT team police officer and wounded another during a bloody gunbattle.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...xl6arqUuGLjD-w

Let me see if I have gotten this straight then.

Since people who may do harm can have guns, everybody else should have guns too, just in case they need to defend themselves from someone with a gun.
    substitute guns with "cars and alcohol". it's people, not guns that kill. always going to have the crazies- I want something to keep them off of my lawn!! I enjoy shooting, hunting. so should i just give that up? not going to happen. Life member of the NRA.

And next you will be suing the bullet manufactures for making bullets that kill people. Won't get off that civil liberties\take away trip. Charge 5k for making alcohol-that makes you do stupid things?(1 beer some people cannot handle it)
    I was just picking a recent topic in the news that will make a difference in the way many people will end up voting for president.

As we have seen by the strong feelings shared by many members.

I would say I am in the minority here, but I don't think I explained myself properly at all on the issue.

I'm kind of with Chris Rock on this one.

I say forget the gun control and make a bullet cost $5000! That would stop all the "innocent bystanders" if it cost that much to shoot somebody!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    substitute guns with "cars and alcohol". it's people, not guns that kill. always going to have the crazies- I want something to keep them off of my lawn!! I enjoy shooting, hunting. so should i just give that up? not going to happen. Life member of the NRA.
    As I said before I don't have any problem with rifles/shotguns/hunting gear, it is the concealable weapons handguns/assault rifles that need more regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    And next you will be suing the bullet manufactures for making bullets that kill people. Won't get off that civil libertiestake away trip. Charge 5k for making alcohol-that makes you do stupid things?(1 beer some people cannot handle it)
    Handguns are just way too easy for any whack job to get a license, and I don't know what to do about the illegal guns out there.

Well, I am losing interest in this thread now.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.