Page 66 of 258 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Nope, I'm not really on either side of the isle; pretty fed up with both sides.
    I am assuming you will vote for Mickey Mouse once again Chiefster, but I would warrant your views are more aligned with the Republicans values.

No offense meant, just saying I don't see you agreeing with many of the Dem's policies.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I want nothing to do with Al Gore Jr.
    Do you really think Edwards is that boring?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Do you really think Edwards is that boring?
    He is just another "save the planet" stick in the mud with perfect hair.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

He is just another "save the planet" stick in the mud with perfect hair.
    I'm not sure what hair has to do with it, but I don't see a problem with trying to save the planet.

I understand the issues with China, India, and Brazil but we are still the leader of the world and should be doing something (everything) to plan for the future of our great grand kids.

I am assuming you will vote for Mickey Mouse once again Chiefster, but I would warrant your views are more aligned with the Republicans values.

No offense meant, just saying I don't see you agreeing with many of the Dem's policies.
    You are correct sir. I am much more conservative minded. However, the problem with the Washington, IMO, is that it's filled with politicians.

If we could find a candidate that performed like Obama with conservative values, a clear direction in the war (pulling out doesn't count), cutting off social security to young folks, liberal views on education and someone who would stop running on "national healthcare" because it is and always will be a lie for ANY international Super Power due to cost of national defense....I'd vote for them.

.....sigh.

I've been a republican since i started following politics ten years ago, but there isn't a SINGLE conservative republican in this race anymore....so....what ever.

I'm not sure what hair has to do with it, but I don't see a problem with trying to save the planet.

I understand the issues with China, India, and Brazil but we are still the leader of the world and should be doing something (everything) to plan for the future of our great grand kids.
    global warming is a myth. It is not going to happen.

I have no problem with doing things that are better for the environment but fear-mongering is ticking me off.

Have you seen the mansion Edwards lives in? His carbon footprint is HUGE!!! He needs to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If we could find a candidate that performed like Obama with conservative values, a clear direction in the war (pulling out doesn't count), cutting off social security to young folks, liberal views on education and someone who would stop running on "national healthcare" because it is and always will be a lie for ANY international Super Power due to cost of national defense....I'd vote for them.

.....sigh.

I've been a republican since i started following politics ten years ago, but there isn't a SINGLE conservative republican in this race anymore....so....what ever.
    I can definitely agree with that. conservatism is dying and that is a bad thing as it was the best thing for America.

global warming is a myth. It is not going to happen.

I have no problem with doing things that are better for the environment but fear-mongering is ticking me off.

Have you seen the mansion Edwards lives in? His carbon footprint is HUGE!!! He needs to shut up.
    umm, i wouldn't consider it a myth, but it's not nearly the doomsday scenerio the Al Bore says it is....when the same scientists who were worried about global COOLING due to sun activity in the 70s and 80s are the ones who won't shut up about global warming,....i have a couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    umm, i wouldn't consider it a myth, but it's not nearly the doomsday scenerio the Al Bore says it is....when the same scientists who were worried about global COOLING due to sun activity in the 70s and 80s are the ones who won't shut up about global warming,....i have a couple questions
    They need their attention too you know.