Page 74 of 258 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What is the political science around your parts like?
    it's mixed here in San Antonio. I go to a private University so there is a conservative lean in some of my classes, but there is also a high liberal liberal count in towns close to the border like San Antonio. I live in the extremely white part of town while the majority of san antonio is hispanic.

I think we're a republican town because most of our city officials are conservative, but the hispanic community loves their Govt. programs, so it could go either way this year....well, in this town anyway.

Texas will ALWAYS be red.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    it's mixed here in San Antonio. I go to a private University so there is a conservative lean in some of my classes, but there is also a high liberal liberal count in towns close to the border like San Antonio. I live in the extremely white part of town while the majority of san antonio is hispanic.

I think we're a republican town because most of our city officials are conservative, but the hispanic community loves their Govt. programs, so it could go either way this year....well, in this town anyway.

Texas will ALWAYS be red.
    So you're saying Lamar coined the Super Bowl, and the Red/Blue state thing?

GO CHIEFS!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Kind of like voting for a candidate you want to win, rather than one that can win.

Can Obama win? yes. will I vote for him? No. Why? Because I don't agree with his policies.

Because they can win does not mean they should.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Can Obama win? yes. will I vote for him? No. Why? Because I don't agree with his policies.

Because they can win does not mean they should.
    Exactly; people are clamoring so much for "change" that they'll vote for ANYONE they think will provide it regardless of who they are or what they'll do.

And with the country forever seesawing back and forth between two parties, what in the world does "change" mean anyway? Saying we need "change" is utterly meaningless anyway, even if it was a candidate of a totally new party saying it. But obviously such cliches and slogans and platitudes resonate with a lot of voters or the politicians wouldn't say it so much.

has anyone heard of Huckabee won the recount in Washington?

I haven't heard anything more about it since he alleged some impropriety in that close Washington vote. I was just thinking about it this afternoon. I was thinking, "Well I guess nothing is probably going to come of this. Just like nothing came of Romney saying there was a back room deal in West Virginia for the McCain voters to vote Huckabee in order to prevent Romney from winning that state. Just like nothing came from an alleged rigged California vote for McCain. Just like nothing ever comes from reports of Obama voters being turned away in some states, Hillary getting votes in New Hampshire from people who don't even live in New Hampshire, and Obama voters being told in a couple of states that they ran out of ballots."

Seems like sleazy and dirty politics just gets brushed under the rug.

Today Rush said he thinks even if Obama wins the race, Hillary will still get the nomination. That the Clintons want back in the White House and will not be denied. Whether they have to make sure the "super delegates" all go for Hillary, making the Florida and Michigan votes count for Hillary after all, or whatever it takes.

That's a depressing thought if the Clinton machine is really THAT powerful. But for now can relish in more good news that Obama is cleaning Hillary's clock again with huge margins of victory in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
    And also good that, despite polls showing McCain was comfortably ahead in Virginia, Huckabee is in a neck and neck race in Virginia with him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I haven't heard anything more about it since he alleged some impropriety in that close Washington vote. I was just thinking about it this afternoon. I was thinking, "Well I guess nothing is probably going to come of this. Just like nothing came of Romney saying there was a back room deal in West Virginia for the McCain voters to vote Huckabee in order to prevent Romney from winning that state. Just like nothing came from an alleged rigged California vote for McCain. Just like nothing ever comes from reports of Obama voters being turned away in some states, Hillary getting votes in New Hampshire from people who don't even live in New Hampshire, and Obama voters being told in a couple of states that they ran out of ballots."

Seems like sleazy and dirty politics just gets brushed under the rug.

Today Rush said he thinks even if Obama wins the race, Hillary will still get the nomination. That the Clintons want back in the White House and will not be denied. Whether they have to make sure the "super delegates" all go for Hillary, making the Florida and Michigan votes count for Hillary after all, or whatever it takes.

That's a depressing thought if the Clinton machine is really THAT powerful. But for now can relish in more good news that Obama is cleaning Hillary's clock again with huge margins of victory in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
    And also good that, despite polls showing McCain was comfortably ahead in Virginia, Huckabee is in a neck and neck race in Virginia with him right now.
    I hate the whole super delegate crap. Voters should decide elections. Not politicians.

If the politician cannot represent the voters choice then they should resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I hate the whole super delegate crap. Voters should decide elections. Not politicians.

If the politician cannot represent the voters choice then they should resign.
    Here here Guru. And what's doubling maddening is you know if it was the other way around and Hillary won more delegates but Obama prevailed due to superdelegates, that she'd be raising all heck that he wasn't letting the American people have their choice they voted for. Just like she'd be screaming if he was the one trying to get the Michigan and Florida votes to count. It's all about what is beneficial to her.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    It's all about what is beneficial to her.
    she wouldn't be a very good politician if it wasn't!! Just my 2/100 of a dollar!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.