Page 82 of 258 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I think that it is funny how liberal some people here are about death and killing. I have a lot of students who talk the same and think that it is cool. I can guarantee that the people who talk about it are usually the ones who do not handle it well at all. You act like if someone is killed then all the problems that person caused are over. I know that a lot of people believe that might makes right and killing the guilty will solve all of our problems. Personally, I think that the punishment should be left up to the family of the victims. But to sit around and say that it would be cool to go watch people die...that is the biggest joke I have ever heard and when you do witness/experience death, you can use my shoulder to cry on.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think that it is funny how liberal some people here are about death and killing. I have a lot of students who talk the same and think that it is cool. I can guarantee that the people who talk about it are usually the ones who do not handle it well at all. You act like if someone is killed then all the problems that person caused are over. I know that a lot of people believe that might makes right and killing the guilty will solve all of our problems. Personally, I think that the punishment should be left up to the family of the victims. But to sit around and say that it would be cool to go watch people die...that is the biggest joke I have ever heard and when you do witness/experience death, you can use my shoulder to cry on.
    I don't think it's very funny at all.

I think it's kind of sick.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Which is why i suggested witnessing an execution. Y'all can dog me all you want for being a witness, but it definitely opened my eyes to the whole process and the actuall execution itself. It didn't change my mind or my position on the matter, but i'm not so cavalier about the topic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Which is why i suggested witnessing an execution. Y'all can dog me all you want for being a witness, but it definitely opened my eyes to the whole process and the actuall execution itself. It didn't change my mind or my position on the matter, but i'm not so cavalier about the topic anymore.

That is the first sane thing I have heard you say in this thread.

Now go play poker.

I think the death penalty would be more of a deterrent if it had to happen in a really painful way. None of this legal injection crap. How about getting eaten alive by pigs, or have all your skin removed and then tied down ina pile of ants. Slowly saw someones head off. Then maybe people won't mess around. And it would give them a job if the applied so they could put their special talents to use. Its about outlets people all about outlets.
    That would also make for a whole lot more resistance from fugitives.

And punishing one person with physical pain, to deter others is unjust.

I support capital punishment, but I see no reason to make it any uglier than it already is. Although, I wouldn't have a major issue with those kind of changes.

If someone has earned the death penalty, then I am not the one to step up for their rights. They have already surrendered those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That would also make for a whole lot more resistance from fugitives.

And punishing one person with physical pain, to deter others is unjust.

I support capital punishment, but I see no reason to make it any uglier than it already is. Although, I wouldn't have a major issue with those kind of changes.

If someone has earned the death penalty, then I am not the one to step up for their rights. They have already surrendered those rights.
    I am not suggesting punishing one for another, how about an eye for an eye?!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I am not suggesting punishing one for another, how about an eye for an eye?!
    Wouldn't it be just as easy to send them on their way as quickly as possible? I just wouldn't want to encourage anyone to torture anyone else. Those weirdos in the middle east are already like that. Why emulate anything that they are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Wouldn't it be just as easy to send them on their way as quickly as possible? I just wouldn't want to encourage anyone to torture anyone else. Those weirdos in the middle east are already like that. Why emulate anything that they are doing?
    Cause if someone kills me then I want to kill them right back!!

Simplest solution:

Alert to the media that the US is pulling out all its citizens and military out of Iraq and the surrounding countries in the next week. And suggest that any other foreign government do the same. If they dont then too bad for them. Anyone that chooses to stay well they are just idiots anyway and natural selection takes over. After one week we launch a few ICBMs into Iraq. Make it glow for a few hundred years. Problem solved.

Make the place a parking lot and then take the oil for ourselves. Its time we actually get something for conquering a nation instead of giving it all back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Simplest solution:

Alert to the media that the US is pulling out all its citizens and military out of Iraq and the surrounding countries in the next week. And suggest that any other foreign government do the same. If they dont then too bad for them. Anyone that chooses to stay well they are just idiots anyway and natural selection takes over. After one week we launch a few ICBMs into Iraq. Make it glow for a few hundred years. Problem solved.

Make the place a parking lot and then take the oil for ourselves. Its time we actually get something for conquering a nation instead of giving it all back!!!
    Haven't you heard?

The U.S. isn't imperial.

We didn't like the way the British were doing it and now we're the good guys.