Page 40 of 165 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Fear the the Gov't that fears your guns. N.R.A for life!
    I got no problem with the R in N.R.A!

It is the concealed weapons that people can sneak into a bank, or university and lay waste to innocent lives!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I got no problem with the R in N.R.A!

It is the concealed weapons that people can sneak into a bank, or university and lay waste to innocent lives!
    Just a thought HH...what if law abiding citizens who have CCRs (Concealed carry permits) were allowed to carry those on campus. Virginia Tech would've been a tragedy still, but the loss of life would've been less than 10. Why do I say this, because I know a lot of people here in AZ that would've been able to defend not only themselves, but the other innocent people in their classroom.

Gun control as a theory is great...but when you take it off paper and apply it, the only people without guns are the crooks who don't care about the law.

I do agree that closing up loopholes on illegal sales, and non-background check sales is important, however in the case of VA Tech, that kid actually purchased the guns legally. He then proceeded to conceal carry without a permit, and because any legal permit holders had to leave their firearms at home or in their cars, no one could defend themselves.

I am a member of the NRA, I am a gun-toting redneck, and a I am NOT ashamed.

I have never pointed my weapon at a human being, and hope never to have the situation arise. However if someone were to threaten anyone in my family or myself with lethal force I would respond quickly, concisely and within the law. I generally won't go places (other than airports) that don't permit a citizen to carry...why? Because I do carry, and choose not to break the law.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Just a thought HH...what if law abiding citizens who have CCRs (Concealed carry permits) were allowed to carry those on campus. Virginia Tech would've been a tragedy still, but the loss of life would've been less than 10. Why do I say this, because I know a lot of people here in AZ that would've been able to defend not only themselves, but the other innocent people in their classroom.

Gun control as a theory is great...but when you take it off paper and apply it, the only people without guns are the crooks who don't care about the law.

I do agree that closing up loopholes on illegal sales, and non-background check sales is important, however in the case of VA Tech, that kid actually purchased the guns legally. He then proceeded to conceal carry without a permit, and because any legal permit holders had to leave their firearms at home or in their cars, no one could defend themselves.

I am a member of the NRA, I am a gun-toting redneck, and a I am NOT ashamed.

I have never pointed my weapon at a human being, and hope never to have the situation arise. However if someone were to threaten anyone in my family or myself with lethal force I would respond quickly, concisely and within the law. I generally won't go places (other than airports) that don't permit a citizen to carry...why? Because I do carry, and choose not to break the law.
    That pretty much summed up my argument against hand guns, as the criminals don't care, they will carry a gun anywhere they want, whereas the law abiding citizens would follow the law and not have had firearms on their person at the school.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

That pretty much summed up my argument against hand guns, as the criminals don't care, they will carry a gun anywhere they want, whereas the law abiding citizens would follow the law and not have had firearms on their person at the school.
    Where the society that does not have guns does not have all the shooting problems. Don't you ever wonder why there are not nearly as many of these school shootings outside the US?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'm not sure what you're saying. You agree the criminals don't care. So we both agree, whether their is a law or not, criminals will carry guns wherever they can.

However the laws as written prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves in many, many places.

So why would you say we shouldn't allow a law-abiding citizen access to a handgun?

Are you under the illusion we can actually get rid of all the handguns?? If so, all you're doing is getting rid of the guns from "Joe Good-guy"
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

What ban B.B. guns too? What is next? B carefull here it is a slippery slope and where does it end..Civil liberties cannot B taken away ever. Freedom (insert Mel Gibson photo from the movie here) Pro bowl started with Tony G. catch. 2..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

But if guns were illegal they would not be all over the place...just saying. There is a reason the US has one of the worlds highest murder rates.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    But if guns were illegal they would not be all over the place...just saying. There is a reason the US has one of the worlds highest murder rates.
    Still plenty of gun crime in the UK....just responding.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/2nd..._after_ban.htm

Gun crimes in England have almost doubled since 1997, when a ban on firearms began.
    According to the Sunday Times of London, crimes in which guns were used numbered 4,671 in 2005-06....

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Still plenty of gun crime in the UK....just responding.
    but nowhere near as many murders

The US is #24 in highest murder rates in the world. This is the safety that carrying guns provides??