Page 13 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Hmmmmm, Kansas.
    Yeah he was raised in Kansas, born in Texas, and overcame both...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Now I found these quotes funny.....

COOPER: He's no longer a candidate, he's a movement.

MITCHELL: The movement that seems to be Barack Obama.

SCARBOROUGH: A generational movement.

SKLAR: We know Obama is a movement.

CORKE: This is a movement out there.

DICKERSON: The center of his movement.

BECKEL: This is a serious movement in American politics.

RUSSERT: It's more of a movement right now.

WILLIAMS: The start of a movement.

MATTHEWS: Turn a moment into a movement.

CROWLEY: A sense that this is a movement.

MCMAHON: Barack Obama is not just a candidate anymore, he's a movement.

Soooooooooooooooooooo....
    Obama is a movement? something smells.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I will wind-up having to vote Dem., because all of my life has been spent in and around poverty, and I feel that if you don't make enough money to live, then you shouldn't be paying taxes at all.

Yes, those who make more than enough should be the only ones getting taxed. Although I prefer Ron Pauls plans for the IRS better. (Elimination.)

I dislike having to vote Dem though, because they seem to be the ones who, more often than not, want to restrict individual freedoms.

While I don't want to give up freedom to aid the bottom levels of the income bracket, the Reps have not been exactly staunch in their support of individual liberties of late either. So, it seems to me, that that is a lost cause, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I will wind-up having to vote Dem., because all of my life has been spent in and around poverty, and I feel that if you don't make enough money to live, then you shouldn't be paying taxes at all.

Yes, those who make more than enough should be the only ones getting taxed. Although I prefer Ron Pauls plans for the IRS better. (Elimination.)

I dislike having to vote Dem though, because they seem to be the ones who, more often than not, want to restrict individual freedoms.

While I don't want to give up freedom to aid the bottom levels of the income bracket, the Reps have not been exactly staunch in their support of individual liberties of late either. So, it seems to me, that that is a lost cause, for now.
    Chief31...look into the tax proposals made by Huckabee. He has his issues (like all the candidates this year), but his proposals of either a flat tax or usage tax that also remove the poorest taxpayers from the tax rolls, sound a lot like what you're looking for.

I don't know where you stand on other issues, so you'll have to look at the rest of his platform.

http://ontheissues.org/Mike_Huckabee.htm#Tax_Reform
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I hear what you were saying there tornadospotter. This is a Chiefs forum first and foremost. I, and everyone here I would say, seek and talk most about the Chiefs here. But also nice to discuss some other interests too, as well as other NFL teams/players and other sports.

I know it seems a little out of place to post about politics on a Chiefs forum. But I agree that it has its place as a separate thread in the locker room. My thing on it anyway, is that I don't have a problem with chiming in on my 2 cents and seeing what others think. But only if it's civil and respectful and we're all still friends regardless of views (which, as prough said, has exactly been the case! :) ).

If someone started being hostile because they didn't agree with my political viewpoint, I wouldn't reply or engage in a heated, uncivil argument. Just like if someone started a religious thread. I would be fine with mentioning my faith, denomination, favorite Bible verses, etc. But what I would not be fine with would be arguing over which church is the best, how certain doctrines should be interpreted, etc.

Because life is so complex, any type of forum would really be impossible to post 100% of the time about one subject anyway. Like, if 911 happened today I'm sure every kind of forum out there would have people posting and venting about that.

But yes, the Chiefs are the main focus, obviously, om this site. And I agree totally with how this political thread has been handled and incorporated within this Chiefs site. Kudos to the mods, tornadospotter, and all the Chiefs posters for your wise observations about this, your classiness, and your love for the greatest team of the UNIVERSE!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I hear what you were saying there tornadospotter. This is a Chiefs forum first and foremost. I, and everyone here I would say, seek and talk most about the Chiefs here. But also nice to discuss some other interests too, as well as other NFL teams/players and other sports.

I know it seems a little out of place to post about politics on a Chiefs forum. But I agree that it has its place as a separate thread in the locker room. My thing on it anyway, is that I don't have a problem with chiming in on my 2 cents and seeing what others think. But only if it's civil and respectful and we're all still friends regardless of views (which, as prough said, has exactly been the case! :) ).

If someone started being hostile because they didn't agree with my political viewpoint, I wouldn't reply or engage in a heated, uncivil argument. Just like if someone started a religious thread. I would be fine with mentioning my faith, denomination, favorite Bible verses, etc. But what I would not be fine with would be arguing over which church is the best, how certain doctrines should be interpreted, etc.

Because life is so complex, any type of forum would really be impossible to post 100% of the time about one subject anyway. Like, if 911 happened today I'm sure every kind of forum out there would have people posting and venting about that.

But yes, the Chiefs are the main focus, obviously, om this site. And I agree totally with how this political thread has been handled and incorporated within this Chiefs site. Kudos to the mods, tornadospotter, and all the Chiefs posters for your wise observations about this, your classiness, and your love for the greatest team of the UNIVERSE!
    Rep!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Democratic National Convention Schedule
    Boston, Massachusetts
    6:00 PM - Opening Flag Burning Ceremony
    6:05 PM - Pledge of Allegiance to the U.N.
    6:15 PM - Secular Prayers by Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton
    6:30 PM - Antiwar Concert by Barbara Streisand
    6:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    7:00 PM - Tribute to France
    7:10 PM - Collect Offerings for al-Zawahri Defense Fund
    7:25 PM - Tribute to Germany
    7:45 PM - Antiwar Rally (Moderated by Michael Moore)
    8:25 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    8:30 PM - Terrorist Appeasement Workshop
    9:00 PM - Roundtable Discussion of Taxes: "Calling for Higher Taxes on Others While You Pay None"
    9:15 PM - Bill & Hillary Clinton Host a Seminar on "The Successful Selling of White House & Air Force One Mementos on eBay"
    9:20 PM -
    Gay Marriage Ceremony (Both Male and Female Couples)
    9:30 PM - * Intermission * Special Guest Soloist Jane Fonda
    10:00 PM - Posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins
    10:10 PM - Reenactment of Kerry's Fake Medal Toss
    10:20 PM - Howard Dean Screamfest 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
    10:30 PM - Seminar: "The Boy Scouts and Other Paramilitary threats to National Security"
    10:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    10:45 PM - Abortion Demonstration (NARAL)
    11:00 PM - Multiple Gay Marriage Ceremony (Threesomes, Mixed and Same-Sex)
    11:15 PM - 'Maximizing Welfare' Workshop
    11:30 PM - 'Free Saddam' Pep Rally
    11:50 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    12:00 AM - Kerry-Edwards 2004 Sealed With A Kiss
    12:01 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    12:02 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast

12:05 AM - Bill Clinton asks Ted to give Hillary a ride home

Just a funny LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Democratic National Convention Schedule
    Boston, Massachusetts
    6:00 PM - Opening Flag Burning Ceremony
    6:05 PM - Pledge of Allegiance to the U.N.
    6:15 PM - Secular Prayers by Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton
    6:30 PM - Antiwar Concert by Barbara Streisand
    6:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    7:00 PM - Tribute to France
    7:10 PM - Collect Offerings for al-Zawahri Defense Fund
    7:25 PM - Tribute to Germany
    7:45 PM - Antiwar Rally (Moderated by Michael Moore)
    8:25 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    8:30 PM - Terrorist Appeasement Workshop
    9:00 PM - Roundtable Discussion of Taxes: "Calling for Higher Taxes on Others While You Pay None"
    9:15 PM - Bill & Hillary Clinton Host a Seminar on "The Successful Selling of White House & Air Force One Mementos on eBay"
    9:20 PM -
    Gay Marriage Ceremony (Both Male and Female Couples)
    9:30 PM - * Intermission * Special Guest Soloist Jane Fonda
    10:00 PM - Posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins
    10:10 PM - Reenactment of Kerry's Fake Medal Toss
    10:20 PM - Howard Dean Screamfest 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
    10:30 PM - Seminar: "The Boy Scouts and Other Paramilitary threats to National Security"
    10:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    10:45 PM - Abortion Demonstration (NARAL)
    11:00 PM - Multiple Gay Marriage Ceremony (Threesomes, Mixed and Same-Sex)
    11:15 PM - 'Maximizing Welfare' Workshop
    11:30 PM - 'Free Saddam' Pep Rally
    11:50 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    12:00 AM - Kerry-Edwards 2004 Sealed With A Kiss
    12:01 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
    12:02 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast

12:05 AM - Bill Clinton asks Ted to give Hillary a ride home

Just a funny LOL

11:19 PM - hermhater proposes a toast!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdisycKRlRQ"]YouTube - video[/ame]

Go Politics!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! 448
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.