Page 31 of 244 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 2438

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd


    0 Not allowed!
    Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary



    WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.






    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html







    Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #301
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    It certainly didn't hurt though. The dems running right now want to turn us into a socialist community and completely cut out the middle class.
    The middle class is already in jeopardy of being extinct.

    It is because of the current economy that this is happening.

    As you mentioned previously Rush states his opinions (rarely backed up by facts) and trust me he is not representing the middle class.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #302
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The middle class is already in jeopardy of being extinct.

    It is because of the current economy that this is happening.

    As you mentioned previously Rush states his opinions (rarely backed up by facts) and trust me he is not representing the middle class.
    We will just have to agree to disagree on this.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  4. #303
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    We will just have to agree to disagree on this.
    Agreed!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  5. #304
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The middle class is already in jeopardy of being extinct.

    It is because of the current economy that this is happening.

    As you mentioned previously Rush states his opinions (rarely backed up by facts) and trust me he is not representing the middle class.
    The issue at hand here is understanding the roles of the separate branches. The economy is largely driven by Congress and the Senate. The President is a figurehead and a check and balance system for Congress. However he doesn't write law, and doesn't approve spending...he can simply VETO laws and budgets that are sent to him by congress.

    Thus the credit that Clinton still gets for the booming economy of the 90s is hollow, as is the blame Bush gets for our current situation.

    I would however also remove much of the blame from our current Democrat led congress. (See I'm not completely one-sided). I think we delayed and hid much of the pain of a post-9/11 recession that was somewhat inevitable due to both the cycle of the economy and the events of the time, and are now paying the price.

    The Democrat led Congress however has spent money and written "earmarks" like both are going out of style...oh and didn't they all claim that they were going to make "earmarks" illegal????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  6. #305
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The issue at hand here is understanding the roles of the separate branches. The economy is largely driven by Congress and the Senate. The President is a figurehead and a check and balance system for Congress. However he doesn't write law, and doesn't approve spending...he can simply VETO laws and budgets that are sent to him by congress.

    Thus the credit that Clinton still gets for the booming economy of the 90s is hollow, as is the blame Bush gets for our current situation.

    I would however also remove much of the blame from our current Democrat led congress. (See I'm not completely one-sided). I think we delayed and hid much of the pain of a post-9/11 recession that was somewhat inevitable due to both the cycle of the economy and the events of the time, and are now paying the price.

    The Democrat led Congress however has spent money and written "earmarks" like both are going out of style...oh and didn't they all claim that they were going to make "earmarks" illegal????

    Agreed with the last statement, but the Dems just got control 2 years ago.

    What they have done since then is pathetic to try and stem the bleeding.

    As apathetic as they are they have been hampered by Bush's fear mongering, and the previous years of a Republican controlled Congress.

    Again I want to state that I am not a Dem.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #306
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Agreed with the last statement, but the Dems just got control 2 years ago.

    What they have done since then is pathetic to try and stem the bleeding.

    As apathetic as they are they have been hampered by Bush's fear mongering, and the previous years of a Republican controlled Congress.

    Again I want to state that I am not a Dem.
    If they spent less time investigating the previous Congress, baseball, etc., etc. and more time making law, discussing solutions and working on compromise they might have an argument...

    However Bush hasn't fought them much as he has only vetoed 1 or 2 bills in his entire Presidency. Also, every single bill that has gotten through has seemingly included more and more earmarks to get votes to approve the bill. This has risen the cost on many important bills astronomically. Earmarks need to removed and make congressmen/women write separate bills for these pork issues and make them open issues. this closed door spinning and spending is one of the huge problems in our government and economy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  8. #307
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Did any of you guys ever see The Morton Downey Jr show from the late 80's? Heh, back then I used to enjoy coming home from work before midnight and watching it. There's some of it on youtube.

    Mort seemed more conservative than liberal but basically populist. And of course he was over the top, probably part personality and part shtick for the show's ratings.

    It was a bizarre show but, to me anyway, highly entertaining.

  9. #308
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gardner
    Posts
    2,834
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Most of the economy is brought on upon us, by us (the people) Yes, war plays a large roll in the spending and budget, but.... we have been so used to buying up everything that we can get our hands on. I am sure that if this country were to be in a large scale crises, people wouldn't know what to do!! We live in a society that has enjoyed the upward swing of the pendulum for so long now, the crises would be in what a great majority would be losing! Our society lives on credit and large government to decide things for them.

    Look at the housing market for one..... wow everyone was so excited about the low interest rates... the prices of the housing market skyrocketed .... now watch the interest rates go up, the prices of housing will drop and people will be selling the farm to survive. They still have the credit cards to pay for.

  10. #309
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Did any of you guys ever see The Morton Downey Jr show from the late 80's? Heh, back then I used to enjoy coming home from work before midnight and watching it. There's some of it on youtube.

    Mort seemed more conservative than liberal but basically populist. And of course he was over the top, probably part personality and part shtick for the show's ratings.

    It was a bizarre show but, to me anyway, highly entertaining.
    I heard of it, but never watched a single show.

    I was in High School then and working 2 jobs besides.

    I went to school from 8 to 12, then worked one job from 1 to 6, then another from 6:30 until 2 am.

    Was kind of a rough time, didn't have time to pay attention to much of anything except getting to shower and work out at night, then the same thing over and over again.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  11. #310
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think the biggest hit on the economy has been the price of gas. It's almost three times higher than when Bush first took office. Who do you blame for that? We can blame all the politicians we want, but it's big business that's ruining this country. Well, I guess it would be more specifically their "campaign contributions".
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •