Page 117 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Oh now this is embarrassing.

You're right, all three candidates have sunk to an all time low.

Well, Wright is going to make this extremely interesting for the next couple of weeks. This is like watching a couple bicker.

Guru pulls up a chair and makes popcorn.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Well, Wright is going to make this extremely interesting for the next couple of weeks. This is like watching a couple bicker.

Tell me about it.

The Dems are doing everything they can to lose this election.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Way to go network news.

Networks continue to ignore NY Times' military analyst story, but all find time for Hannah Montana

Since The New York Times reported on the hidden ties between media military analysts and the Pentagon on April 20, the three major broadcast networks -- ABC, CBS, and NBC -- have still not mentioned the report at all, according to a Media Matters for America search* of the Nexis news database. Times reporter David Barstow wrote that "the Bush administration has used its control over access and information in an effort to transform" these military analysts, many of whom have clients with an interest in obtaining Pentagon contracts, "into a kind of media Trojan horse -- an instrument intended to shape terrorism coverage from inside the major TV and radio networks." As Media Matters noted, the three networks also reportedly declined to participate in a segment on the April 24 edition of PBS' NewsHour regarding the Times story; Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC also refused to appear in the PBS segment.

By contrast, during their April 28 evening newscasts, all three broadcast networks reported on the Vanity Fair photo of Miley Cyrus, star of Disney Channel's Hannah Montana: ABC devoted about two and a half minutes to that story, while CBS and NBC each devoted about two minutes to it.

* Search terms = "publication (ABC or CBS or CNN or MSNBC or NBC or NPR or Fox) and (Pentagon OR (Department w/2 Defense) OR New York Times OR (military w/10 analys!))" Programs searched in the Nexis database on networks that didn't mention the Times report include:

ABC = Good Morning America, Nightline, World News with Charles Gibson
    CBS = CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, The Early Show, Face the Nation
    NBC = Nightly News with Brian Williams, Today, Meet the Press
    —L.K.A.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200804290005

The Hannah pics really werent that bad except for the one, it would have been ok if she wasnt only 15. But that was the only bad one I saw.

HAVE I MENTIONED IM SICK OF POLITICS!!! i have to watch the news all day at my salon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wski Girl View Post
    The Hannah pics really werent that bad except for the one, it would have been ok if she wasnt only 15. But that was the only bad one I saw.
    Haven't seen, and I don't plan to.

I personally think she looks like her dad and is ugly as sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wski Girl View Post
    HAVE I MENTIONED IM SICK OF POLITICS!!! i have to watch the news all day at my salon.
    I am a political junkie.

I know... we all knew mud was getting ready to fly!! But, I had NO idea it was going to be this interesting!!! I will bring the milk duds!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I know... we all knew mud was getting ready to fly!! But, I had NO idea it was going to be this interesting!!! I will bring the milk duds!!!!
    Got any JuJuBees?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

No, but I have some red licorice ....and some paydays!

what was the candy that lasted forever?