Page 8 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The little guys who aren't paying taxes are getting away with about the same thing as the big guys who aren't paying enough.

He made his money winning lawsuits (some of them frivolous, I'm sure) for the little guy, fighting against the corporations that are taking control of the government.

Yeah, that John Edwards.

He has the scruples of a politician, but which politicians don't?
    I don't trust any politician that aligns himself with John Kerry.

As far as taxes go, visit www.rushlimbaugh.com. Breaks it down nicely.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I noticed tonight that he had a little more southern drawl in his accent now that South Carolina is in view.
    He's a politician.

He panders to his audience.

The closer he gets to his constituency he will adapt.

I don't blame him, or any other candidate that uses charm to win votes.

Reagan?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I don't trust any politician that aligns himself with John Kerry.

As far as taxes go, visit www.rushlimbaugh.com. Breaks it down nicely.
    I agree with the Kerry part!

He's a politician.

He panders to his audience.

The closer he gets to his constituency he will adapt.

I don't blame him, or any other candidate that uses charm to win votes.

Reagan?
    I just thought it was funny. I get more concerned with Congressional elections.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I just thought it was funny. I get more concerned with Congressional elections.
    Policy is made by the Prez.

I agree with the Kerry part!
    Everyone says that the rich get all the tax breaks. I have seen nothing but good tax breaks for the middle and lower class since Bush 2 took office.

I am just wondering? Is this a site for the Chiefs Nation!? If we are going to talk about politics, Start a political forum for it on the Chiefs Crowd! I do not want to tick off anybody with my personal USA political believes!!!! I have Strong political feelings, but I do not think this is the place to talk about them, a member was banned for talking about this, lets keep this about are our common passion, The Chiefs!!!!!! Dammit, I do not want to know if you are a Democrat or a Republican or independent, If you want to do this, It is not a Chiefs Site! So talk to each other Threw PMs, If Coach wants to start this in a USA Political forum I will be happy to post there about political issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Everyone says that the rich get all the tax breaks. I have seen nothing but good tax breaks for the middle and lower class since Bush 2 took office.
    3 months after Bush got elected, I got a 300 dollar tax rebate.

That paid for one month of food.

I didn't see the tax break doing me any good.

Don't get me wrong, the day my son was born Clinton was elected and the first thing he did was to stop military pay raises.

I was in the Army at the time.

I am not Dem or Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am just wondering? Is this a site for the Chiefs Nation!? If we are going to talk about politics, Start a political forum for it on the Chiefs Crowd! I do not want to tick off anybody with my personal USA political believes!!!! I have Strong political feelings, but I do not think this is the place to talk about them, a member was banned for talking about this, lets keep this about are our common passion, The Chiefs!!!!!! Dammit, I do not want to know if you are a Democrat or a Republican or independent, If you want to do this, It is not a Chiefs Site! So talk to each other Threw PMs, If Coach wants to start this in a USA Political forum I will be happy to post there about political issues!
    This is an issue that concerns all Americans (as well as the world) and it is a current topic.

I apologize if the discussion offends you, but it was topical and on my mind when I started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    It is one thread on an entire site and it is in the Locker room. No offense meant at all here but if you don't like the subject matter of the thread, don't read it.

Don't feel like you have to apologize for it HH. If the Locker Room were getting inundated with tons of political nonsense and we were arguing hatefully to no end, that would be different.