Page 235 of 258 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

This has been the most partisan, divisive President I can remember.

Now we hear that a crazed woman attempted to ram the White House gates and lead a high speed chase up Constitution Ave. ending somewhere on Capital Hill. Shots where fired. This will be spun by the left to be the Republicans fault as well, because after all they are mean spirited and evil. Throughout this whole ordeal it has been the Democrats who have engaged in mean spirited, name calling and partisan demonizing which is often what they resort to in the absence of a legitimate argument.

Well, if we go back to the root of this shutdown, it is because of Republicans being against the ACA. This bill was passed in Congress. As you all have shown, other bills were also brought up but did not pass and never became law. The ACA even went through the SC and was upheld. Now if the Republican party wants to get rid or change this law, they have to get the votes, not stop the government. It is simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Well, if we go back to the root of this shutdown, it is because of Republicans being against the ACA. This bill was passed in Congress. As you all have shown, other bills were also brought up but did not pass and never became law. The ACA even went through the SC and was upheld. Now if the Republican party wants to get rid or change this law, they have to get the votes, not stop the government. It is simple as that.

I don't know how to make this more clear. They are doing what their constituency wants them to do, and what is within their duty under the constitution. It is the Democrats who want this shutdown which is why they will not even so much as negotiate with the Republicans. Of course it was passed by a Democratically controlled Congress and barely upheld by the Supreme Court as a tax. Republicans have done all they can to avoid a government shutdown, it is amazing to me how it is always the Republicans fault while the Democrats bare zero culpability in this whole ordeal.

Far as I am concerned, the government shut down should start at the top, and trickle down! The founding fathers did not receive the salary or perks of todays leaders, so they who control this nation, better not be spending any of our money for anything! That means the President needs to be providing from his personal money, for his family, and so also congress, with no salary until all employees are paid. Government shutdown means no travel by President on our money! No income for there staff, so no chef in the White House, the first lady will have to do all the cooking and cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Far as I am concerned, the government shut down should start at the top, and trickle down! The founding fathers did not receive the salary or perks of todays leaders, so they who control this nation, better not be spending any of our money for anything! That means the President needs to be providing from his personal money, for his family, and so also congress, with no salary until all employees are paid. Government shutdown means no travel by President on our money! No income for there staff, so no chef in the White House, the first lady will have to do all the cooking and cleaning.
    I could not have said it any better!

While I do not care if the Government is shut down. Defense of our Nation, should be maintained. But why is closing open air monuments with added security and barriers now needed. It is sickening to read stories of the added security to National Monuments, to keep the owners from visiting, because our leadership says government is closed, so we are going to spend more money to keep you out, rather than what we would spend allowing you in. Why is the National Weather Service online shut down? I sure that is a huge expense to not maintain that web site that they are still doing for Emergence Weather Information! Bunch of BS smoke and mirrors going on by a worthless Leadership of our Nation, and lack of true leadership of current residents of the White House, and his fellow party members! All to get use to fold, and cry out, well we will not fold and we will cry out, but we will do it the American Way. Start packing, your time is about gone. Time to vote you all out!

Sorry, I really do dislike this Thread, because it has nothing to do with the Chiefs. But it is about our Nation, and I hate to post in this thread, because I do not debate, I just read and believe from my instinct what is right, and what is wrong. I am a country boy, and I will survive.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-03-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Senate Bill 987, the Free Flow of Information Act is described by the Senate as a bill to maintain the free flow of information to the public by providing conditions for the federally compelled disclosure of information by certain persons connected with the news media.

Anybody have any info on this, and what you think it means?
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-04-2013 at 12:24 AM.

While I do not care if the Government is shut down. Defense of our Nation, should be maintained. But why is closing open air monuments with added security and barriers now needed. It is sickening to read stories of the added security to National Monuments, to keep the owners from visiting, because our leadership says government is closed, so we are going to spend more money to keep you out, rather than what we would spend allowing you in. Why is the National Weather Service online shut down? I sure that is a huge expense to not maintain that web site that they are still doing for Emergence Weather Information! Bunch of BS smoke and mirrors going on by a worthless Leadership of our Nation, and lack of true leadership of current residents of the White House, and his fellow party members! All to get use to fold, and cry out, well we will not fold and we will cry out, but we will do it the American Way. Start packing, your time is about gone. Time to vote you all out!

Sorry, I really do dislike this Thread, because it has nothing to do with the Chiefs. But it is about our Nation, and I hate to post in this thread, because I do not debate, I just read and believe from my instinct what is right, and what is wrong. I am a country boy, and I will survive.
    Exactly! House GOP has even given up on defunding Obamacare and just ask that the exemptions be rescinded, and again the answer from the Senate democrats and the White House is a resounding NO. There was more security forces sent to the WW II memorial to keep veterans out than there was sent to the consulate in Benghazi to protect our own Ambassador.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-04-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Senate Bill 987, the Free Flow of Information Act is described by the Senate as a bill to maintain the free flow of information to the public by providing conditions for the federally compelled disclosure of information by certain persons connected with the news media.

Anybody have any info on this, and what you think it means?
    http://www.spj.org/pdf/s-987-ffia-schumer-graham.pdf