Page 203 of 258 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

31, I am not a Republican or a Tea Partier and I have a huge beef with the Republicans for running up the debt under their watch and for giving tax breaks to corporations who set up production overseas. I will take umbrage with your analysis, however, because if GW's $1.5 trillion debt caused this, how do you possibly think Obama's(who controlled both sides of Congress, mind you) $7.5 trillion debt never made it worse? I will be voting strictly Republican this year because while the Republicans drove us to the edge of the cliff, the Democrats have floored it and ran us over the cliff.

p.s. And I will vote for ANYONE who will repeal that filthy pig of a health care law.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    31, I am not a Republican or a Tea Partier and I have a huge beef with the Republicans for running up the debt under their watch and for giving tax breaks to corporations who set up production overseas. I will take umbrage with your analysis, however, because if GW's $1.5 trillion debt caused this, how do you possibly think Obama's(who controlled both sides of Congress, mind you) $7.5 trillion debt never made it worse? I will be voting strictly Republican this year because while the Republicans drove us to the edge of the cliff, the Democrats have floored it and ran us over the cliff.
    The debt did not cause the economic collapse.

What did was allowing banks to make loans that were insured by the government, sell those loans (disguised as low risk loans) to other investors, And then betray those investors, as well as the original customer, and The USA by intentionally sabotaging the loans, in hopes of collecting on the federal insurance.

Once this practice became legal, it became popular. Afterall, they get to collect from the investors, who the con into overpaying for the sub-prime loans, and then they get to collect, again, when they force default on those loans, from the federal insurance.

And, because you want to talk about President Obama instead of what actually caused all of this......

Almost every cent of President Obama's debt was used to fill the countless gaps that were left by the prior administration, including the two wars.

The previous administration disguised how much they spent, by simply not paying for their spending.

It is akin to writing checks for everything you could think of, a day before the account is switched to someone else.

Obama came in, and had to act immediately, to fund the bad checks that had been written.

And stimulus?

That is exactly what government does to ease economic hardship in the nation.

And the results?

We did not go over the edge, as you implied. We stopped the downfall.

And, prior to Republicans getting control of The HoR, the economy was deep in the throws of recovery.

And then it all stopped.

If Republicans allowed The USA to recover while Democrats were in power, then there was a strong chance that too many Americans would see who was responsible, and The Republican party could cease to exist in our government.

They have been in state of total desperation, and their only goal has been to stop the US from recovery, so they can muddy the waters, and convince enough people that Democrats did it.

And it works, because not enough people care to look any deeper than the front page, to make their decisions.

They further muddy the waters, by enraging the masses toward others. Illegal immigrants, and they have fanned the flames of religious animosity to keep people interested in those topics, keeping them from digging into the topic of the economy.

It has been pure desperation, and the secret is not even well kept.

Republicans have admitted that they have put getting back into power ahead of the well-being of the economy.

And TEA Party Nation recently sent out an email, asking all members to pledge to not hire in The USA until their demands are met.

It's only a secret from those who choose not to listen. And most people have no interest in knowing much about it.

the so called “community organizer” or ACORN is backed by Obama and in the Clinton admin to force banks into making bad loans for minorities. these were instrumental in the sub prime melt down. giving loans to people who can't pay them back. and loans to people out of work. using force and threats against bankers
    In the name of fairness to minorities, community organizers occupy private offices, chant inside bank lobbies, and confront executives at their homes – and thereby force financial institutions to direct hundreds of millions of dollars in mortgages to low-credit customers.

In other words, community organizers help to undermine the US economy by pushing the banking system into a sinkhole of bad loans. And Obama has spent years training and funding the organizers who do it.

there was warning signals from the Bush admin as far back as 2001. ignored by the dems. who insisted mack and mae were on firm ground

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM"]Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown - YouTube[/ame]
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    the so called “community organizer” or ACORN is backed by Obama and in the Clinton admin to force banks into making bad loans for minorities. these were instrumental in the sub prime melt down. giving loans to people who can't pay them back. and loans to people out of work. using force and threats against bankers
    In the name of fairness to minorities, community organizers occupy private offices, chant inside bank lobbies, and confront executives at their homes – and thereby force financial institutions to direct hundreds of millions of dollars in mortgages to low-credit customers.

In other words, community organizers help to undermine the US economy by pushing the banking system into a sinkhole of bad loans. And Obama has spent years training and funding the organizers who do it.

there was warning signals from the Bush admin as far back as 2001. ignored by the dems. who insisted mack and mae were on firm ground
    A.) No bank was ever forced to give subprime loans.

That is just more mud in the waters.

There were encouraged, through the federal insurance of those loans.

B.) Republicans had control of The HoR, and The White House, and even had control The Senate, after 2003.

Republicans were making the rules.

C.) ACORN was a good organization of regular Americans.

Conservatives love to bash them, because some low-level employee was willing to help a guy (disguised as a pimp) get some government assistance.

D.) Beyond that, all you have here is a bunch of insane conspiracy rhetoric.

And those with no power actually bullied the people with all the power to "force" them to do what they wanted?

Obama trained everybody to undermine the economy?

Meanwhile, Conservatives are openly holding back the US economy, and you are looking for some grand scheme by "the other side"?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

B.) Republicans had control of The HoR, and The White House, and even had control The Senate, after 2003.

Conservatives love to bash them, because some low-level employee was willing to help a guy (disguised as a pimp) get some government assistance.

And those with no power actually bullied the people with all the power to "force" them to do what they wanted?

Meanwhile, Conservatives are openly holding back the US economy, and you are looking for some grand scheme by "the other side"?

A.) No bank was ever forced to give subprime loans
    The origins of the Banking Mess can be found in the Community Reinvestment Act. The bill was meant to encourage banks to make loans to minorities living in unstable neighborhoods. Based on that bill and subsequent amendments ACORN was able to intimidate banks into lower mortgage standards paved the way for the meltdown. Last week, ACORN was holding protests, trying to get a cut of the financial-market-rescue bill and only through a grass-roots outrage was this avoided.
    link

which has to do with what??? ACORN'S been running these scams since the Carter admin

C.) ACORN was a good organization of regular Americans
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6s3F8kAGjs"]Lou Dobbs Reports On Undercover ACORN Video Story - YouTube[/ame]

don't blow smoke in my face. your kiddin' you
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Actually they were, through the Fair Housing Act. If a bank had too few "minority" loans or not enough loans in "minority areas" they were fined and risked losing their charter. You really think the national debt has nothing to do with this economy? It makes our dollar worthless and makes borrowing nearly impossible. Secondly, the Democrats controlled both houses for 4 years, two under Bush and two under Obama. Their reckless spending didn't "fill holes", it made everything worse and now you want to give them 4 more years to spend even more? This blind loyalty is why I am neither Democrat nor Republican. Second, I want 1090% of Obamas executive orders repealed and that stinking worthless healthcare repealed. I don't think having all Republicans is the answer, but after what Obama, Queen Nancy and limp-wristed Reid have done, I'd rather have Republicans than Democrats.

p.s. I don't believe anything DailyCOS or Moveon.org says. So I don't believe for one second the Republicans are intentionally hurting the economy. They don't have to, Obama has done plenty of that on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Actually they were, through the Fair Housing Act. If a bank had too few "minority" loans or not enough loans in "minority areas" they were fined and risked losing their charter. You really think the national debt has nothing to do with this economy? It makes our dollar worthless and makes borrowing nearly impossible. Secondly, the Democrats controlled both houses for 4 years, two under Bush and two under Obama. Their reckless spending didn't "fill holes", it made everything worse and now you want to give them 4 more years to spend even more? This blind loyalty is why I am neither Democrat nor Republican. Second, I want 1090% of Obamas executive orders repealed and that stinking worthless healthcare repealed. I don't think having all Republicans is the answer, but after what Obama, Queen Nancy and limp-wristed Reid have done, I'd rather have Republicans than Democrats.
    this. you get the rep

the idiot with the mic was fired by CNN

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2tg8gxCDU"]Chicago Tax Day Tea Party - YouTube[/ame]