Page 37 of 258 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Romney wins Nevada. Glad it wasn't McCain.

Hillary wins Nevada. Now she may get a bounce from this and overtake Obama in SC next week. Hooboy, Hillary cometh. You just can't beat a Clinton. :(

What's amazing is Obama and Edwards basically have the exact same positions on all issues as Hillary does. You would think Democratic voters would rather have Obama or Edwards because they believe the same things as Hillary but DO NOT have all the scandal and baggage she has.

Say, just as girls dig bad boys, I guess the badness of the Clintons could actually work in their FAVOR to a lot of voters.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Romney wins Nevada. Glad it wasn't McCain.

Hillary wins Nevada. Now she may get a bounce from this and overtake Obama in SC next week. Hooboy, Hillary cometh. You just can't beat a Clinton. :(

What's amazing is Obama and Edwards basically have the exact same positions on all issues as Hillary does. You would think Democratic voters would rather have Obama or Edwards because they believe the same things as Hillary but DO NOT have all the scandal and baggage she has.

Say, just as girls dig bad boys, I guess the badness of the Clintons could actually work in their FAVOR to a lot of voters.
    i am just as glad as you are mccain didnt win nevada...but dont worry about mccain. The only states he is winning right now is the states where a democrat or independant can choose to vote for a republican candidate instead of a democrat. They can cross parties.

in any states where this is not the case, romney always wins the conservative, republican vote. McCain will not be the nominee on any account. Also, Romney is winning largely on deligates, which is what truly matters.

Chiefs 31, I am not arguing against you on the Iraq war. But I am admitting I do not have enough information to know EVERYTHING as far as conditions, whether we had a good reason to go in, etc.

Also, when did Sadaam agree that we could inspect. Never. Show me documentation that he did allow us to go in and inspect. I know there were several times he agreed then "changed his mind" when it came time for inspections. Because the UN deals with country leader's WORD and not their ACTION....which is foolish and pointless. Of course those middle eastern countries are going to "say" the right thing at the right time...and do nothing they say.

But no matter what was said and done by the UN...The UN is the most corrupt organization in the world anyways...on a large scale.

So again....I just don't have enough information yet to make a 100% stance on Iraq.

Well McCain is winning in South Carolina right now. And he has 36% and Romney only has 14%. And SC is a conservative state. Huckabee is the only one who could still beat McCain tonight.

I'm very pessimistic though. I think Hillary wins the nomination and then trounces whoever she faces in the GOP. So as much as I hope McCain doesn't win the nomination, it doesn't seem to really matter anyway because Hillary wants to be Prez far more than anyone else and will do anything to get it.

Still waiting on the sleeper...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Default I guess they asked for it when they signed up, huh?

U.S. Sends Wounded Troops Back To Iraq

Short On Soldiers, Army Returns Injured Service Members To War Zone

(AP)
    Seventy-nine injured soldiers were pressed into war duty last month as the U.S. Army struggled to fill its ranks, but most were assigned to light-duty jobs within limits set by doctors, two Army leaders said.

The Denver Post, quoting internal Army e-mails and a Fort Carson soldier, reported that troops had been deployed to Kuwait en route to Iraq while they were still receiving medical treatment for various conditions.

Fort Carson's top general Maj. Gen. Mark Graham said most of the 79 soldiers remain in Iraq, while about a dozen are in Kuwait, the newspaper reported in Friday editions. A few returned to the United States because of inadequate rehabilitation available in theater, Graham said.

Graham said he has asked Fort Carson's inspector general to investigate whether proper procedures were followed in sending the soldiers into war zones.

Congressional investigators also are reviewing allegations that medically unfit soldiers have been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan to shore up lagging troop numbers.

"My personal opinion is, is that as the war goes on, you'll see more and more soldiers with (limitations)," Graham said.

Master Sgt. Denny Nelson was sent overseas last month for a third tour in the Middle East though doctor's orders said he should not run, jump or carry more than 20 pounds because of a serious foot injury, The Denver Post reported.

Nelson was sent back to the U.S. after a doctor in Kuwait told Fort Carson officials he should never have left the United States.

My personal opinion is, is that as the war goes on, you'll see more and more soldiers with (limitations).
    Maj. Gen. Mark Graham

Col. John Hort, commander of Fort Carson's 3rd Brigade Combat Team, said the 79 soldiers were among 130 who had been judged temporarily unfit for war duty, The Gazette reported.

The 79 were deemed able to perform limited duties such as straightening out paperwork at bases in Kuwait because their conditions, including sleep disorders and broken bones, could be treated by doctors in the Middle East as easily as in Colorado, he said.

Hort needed the troops so he could send other soldiers into the streets of Baghdad's suburbs.

"Those soldiers could perform limited duty that could allow healthy soldiers to perform more strenuous tasks," Hort told The Gazette from Iraq.

No soldiers with diagnosed mental illnesses were sent, he said.

Graham said commanders do not put any injured soldier in harm's way.

Sending an unfit soldier back to war means "you are not mission capable, and the soldier becomes a risk to himself and others in the unit," said U.S. Rep. Mark Udall, a Colorado Democrat. He is a member of the House Armed Services Committee, which requested an investigation by the Government Accountability Office last summer.

GAO investigators have identified other cases of unfit soldiers being deployed from Fort Drum in New York and Fort Stewart and Fort Benning in Georgia, said Brenda Farrell, director of defense capabilities and management investigations for the GAO, a nonpartisan congressional agency that audits federal programs.

"We don't have any confirmation that commanders are under pressure to fill their units," Farrell said.

The 3rd Brigade Combat Team deployed in December for the third time. The unit has been under strength, partly because of the number of soldiers who are injured.

"Almost a battalion of soldiers have had medical conditions that prevent them from coming back to Iraq with the 3rd Brigade Combat Team," Hort said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3731718.shtml

Asinine...

How did that Canadian guy do??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Dave Chappelle was at the Democratic debate on MLK day.

I guess I will vote for him!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slides...ba7ca9d9c6f56/

Default Who's gonna be the candidates?

Do you think Obama will make Hillary his *****?

Is God a Mormon?

Today should sum it all up.

Happy voting on Super Tuesday!

It will be McCain vs. Obama.

and THAT stinks.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    It will be McCain vs. Obama.

and THAT stinks.
    I have a slightly different take on the situation; I think it will be Hilary vs. McCain.

It might be a good time to vote Independent.