Page 1 of 258 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Doesn't really matter that she won...NH was close enough that she and Barrack got the same number of delegates. Heading to the south, Barrack will regain momentum.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Doesn't really matter that she won...NH was close enough that she and Barrack got the same number of delegates. Heading to the south, Barrack will regain momentum.
    I was actually more pissed off that McCain won the Republican primary.

The Dems are gonna lose this election if they nominate a female or minority.

The American public is not ready to vote for either of them, even though they would do better than any of the Republican nominees.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I was very happy after Iowa the other night but now dejected after New Hampshire. I think Hillary is by far the worst and most dangerous and power obsessed. She wants the White House more than the New England Patriots want a perfect season!
    And there was talk of her possibly being finished if she lost tonight. Oh well, woulda been fun to see but as Chiefs fans know from this past season, ya can't win em' all :)

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I was actually more pissed off that McCain won the Republican primary.

The Dems are gonna lose this election if they nominate a female or minority.

The American public is not ready to vote for either of them, even though they would do better than any of the Republican nominees.
    McCain is the best option the GOP has. He's more middle of the road and willing to work with the other party also.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Wow, I have such a different view of this election year than you all. It's scary to me that I agree with you all on the football field....or virtual football field. But when it comes to politics - I am completely at the other end of the spectrum.... this is going to be a long run.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    McCain is the best option the GOP has. He's more middle of the road and willing to work with the other party also.
    You're right about that, but I still can't stomach any liars...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI"]YouTube - John McCain vs. John McCain[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Wow, I have such a different view of this election year than you all. It's scary to me that I agree with you all on the football field....or virtual football field. But when it comes to politics - I am completely at the other end of the spectrum.... this is going to be a long run.

What do you mean?

You want Hillary?

I don't think she can win an election, and that is what I am basing my opinions on.

I can't take another Republican in the White House.

I am not a Dem either, but since there are only 2 nominees that could possibly win the election I would rather a Dem win.

And they have no chance with a female or minority.

No bigotry or prejudice here, I wold vote for either one of them over a Rep, but I hope John Edwards gets the Dem nod, so the Dems have a chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post

But I think you had said that you thought all of the candidates were a pretty bad field this year and therefore you and I are in huge agreement there.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You're right about that, but I still can't stomach any liars...
    Which is why I detest virtually all politicians!

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Ugh...as an AZ resident, I'll respectfully disagree. McCain is the worst candidate.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 258 123451151101 ... LastLast