Page 221 of 258 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Another thing about that is that Romney has said some REALLY embarrassing things, and then continually doubles-down on them.

Insulting half the nation and then doubling-down is REALLY really bad for a campaign.

Meanwhile, the economic trend has been upward for about three years now. And there is no logic in using the initial crash numbers against President Obama. He didn't cause it, he stopped it.

Not to mention that the economy is mentioned in about every national news report. Forming a biased opinion that The President is not doing well enough would be just that, a biased report.

I still think that if you are seeing bias in the mainstream media, (all except for the known right-wing Fox) then I have to believe that it is because your impression of the middle is more to the right than the entire free press is to the left.
    We will need to agree to disagree on the state of the economy in the last three years. I'm not sure how 8% unemployment translates into an upward trend, unless the old bad is, somehow, the new good. The good news for the President is that the stock market is now showing improvement and it has come at the right time for him. The spin from the President would leave one to believe that they were, somehow, not in complete control of all three branches of the Government his first two years in office. The spin from the Romney camp would have you believe that the Bush administration bares little to no responsibility at all for the downed economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    We will need to agree to disagree on the state of the economy in the last three years. I'm not sure how 8% unemployment translates into an upward trend, unless the old bad is, somehow, the new good. The good news for the President is that the stock market is now showing improvement and it has come at the right time for him. The spin from the President would leave one to believe that they were, somehow, not in complete control of all three branches of the Government his first two years in office. The spin from the Romney camp would have you believe that the Bush administration bares little to no responsibility at all for the downed economy.
    8.2% unemployment is up from 10.4%

8.2% unemployment is up from 10.4%
    That would be true but I don't see anywhere over the last four years that it was ever 10.4. In the month of October in 2009 it got as high as 10.0, but on average over the past nearly four years it has been between 8-9%. Growth that slow does not instill in me a lot of confidence. However, I do agree with your assessment that I am just right of center which is why I tend to see media bias much more then perhaps you do. However, I am not so naive as to think that the media bias exist for one candidate only and not the other.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    That would be true but I don't see anywhere over the last four years that it was ever 10.4. In the month of October in 2009 it got as high as 10.0, but on average over the past nearly four years it has been between 8-9%. Growth that slow does not instill in me a lot of confidence. However, I do agree with your assessment that I am just right of center which is why I tend to see media bias much more then perhaps you do. However, I am not so naive as to think that the media bias exist for one candidate only and not the other.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
    Just pointing you away from the " I'm not sure how 8% unemployment translates into an upward trend, unless the old bad is, somehow, the new good." end of things.

Surely you now see how 8% unemployment is an upward trend, coming from 10%?

Or is there some other communication gap here?

Just pointing you away from the " I'm not sure how 8% unemployment translates into an upward trend, unless the old bad is, somehow, the new good." end of things.

Surely you now see how 8% unemployment is an upward trend, coming from 10%?

Or is there some other communication gap here?
    No, I see your point, and yes 8 is up from the 10 in October 2009, I was just stating that since then there has been little to no growth. I agree with your assessment of media bias. My point is that it seems to be prevalent, IMO, everywhere. I'm not suggesting that freedom of speech or press in anyway be stifled or controlled, just that I think the spin doctors whether they come from the left or the right degrade the news. I think that if they are going to offer "opinion" then all sides should be equally represented. Fox claims to do this but anyone being "intellectually honest" knows it is heavily slanted to the right.

Oblama says he has created 5 million jobs since he's been in office. This would be flat out amazing if 8.5 million jobs hadn't been lost during the same period.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Oblama says he has created 5 million jobs since he's been in office. This would be flat out amazing if 8.5 million jobs hadn't been lost during the same period.
    And when you consider that unemployment is still nearly at the rate (or will still be at the rate once they adjust the numbers after the election) it shows that we are still way behind what we need to be creating. He is touting his record that he has created 5 million when 5 million only keeps us up with what we need to create to stay at the same rate.

Never mind that the 8% unemployment number is fudged to begin with. It is more like 12% that are unemployed, many have just decided to not look anymore.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

All that figures in the initial catastrophe that was already under way too.

Deregulation obliterated the immediate economy. And rebuilding always takes longer than destruction.

You can tear off a roof in a few hours, but it takes a few days to lay a new roof.

All that figures in the initial catastrophe that was already under way too.

Deregulation obliterated the immediate economy. And rebuilding always takes longer than destruction.

You can tear off a roof in a few hours, but it takes a few days to lay a new roof.
    I still have yet to have anyone take on my latest challenge. What was the political legislation that Bush signed into effect, or what executive orders did Bush put into play that caused the deregulation that caused this problem?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

the lower un employment numbers he touts are because many Americans have stopped looking for jobs. doink
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]