Page 136 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'm happy with Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate. And thankful he didn't pick a liberal or moderate like Lieberman or Ridge. Since I'm a conservative, I wasn't thrilled with McCain being the one to win the nomination, as he has strayed from conservatism at times. But with a solid conservative and Christian like Palin, I can now support this ticket with enthusiasm. And the alternative is so ultra liberal (Obama the most liberal Senator in the Congress and Biden the 3rd most liberal Senator) that John McCain alone is still the clear choice for me anyway.

The timing of announcing his veep selection was brilliant too. This takes the attention off of Obama's speech last night at the Donkey stadium and puts McCain/Palin in the spotlight. And sets up nicely for next week's convention in Viking land.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I'm happy with Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate. And thankful he didn't pick a liberal or moderate like Lieberman or Ridge. Since I'm a conservative, I wasn't thrilled with McCain being the one to win the nomination, as he has strayed from conservatism at times. But with a solid conservative and Christian like Palin, I can now support this ticket with enthusiasm. And the alternative is so ultra liberal (Obama the most liberal Senator in the Congress and Biden the 3rd most liberal Senator) that John McCain alone is still the clear choice for me anyway.

The timing of announcing his veep selection was brilliant too. This takes the attention off of Obama's speech last night at the Donkey stadium and puts McCain/Palin in the spotlight. And sets up nicely for next week's convention in Viking land.
    I know Spiman will agree with me on this...

How frickin' hot was that picture of here with the AR-15 that the news flashed this morning. Dude chick with an automatic weapon. That just rocks.

I loved the line I heard on MSNBC (yeah I watch both sides) this morning... "She's a gun-totin', tax-cuttin', Alaskan Hockey Mom."

Yeah, as for the ticket, I was already voting for McCain before this morning, but now I can throw away that nose plug I bought to wear to the polling place.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I know Spiman will agree with me on this...

How frickin' hot was that picture of here with the AR-15 that the news flashed this morning. Dude chick with an automatic weapon. That just rocks.

I loved the line I heard on MSNBC (yeah I watch both sides) this morning... "She's a gun-totin', tax-cuttin', Alaskan Hockey Mom."

Yeah, as for the ticket, I was already voting for McCain before this morning, but now I can throw away that nose plug I bought to wear to the polling place.

I agree! This has to be the best thing to happen to politics in a long time. As soon as I saw her and the pic i was thinking i would like to see tem win now! Shes a damn site better looking than Cheney!

I was only voting for McCain because I don't want Obama to win at all. Now I actually want to vote for McCain-Palin because I like where the ticket may be going.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I was only voting for McCain because I don't want Obama to win at all. Now I actually want to vote for McCain-Palin because I like where the ticket may be going.
    I have many reasons to not vote obama.... but I am not sure I liked the choice for him to pick palin...... I like what I have read so far and I am not speaking against her.... I just don't know enough about her. I cannot help but think the decision was based upon her being a woman. I do not agree with affirmative action, and that is what this reminds me of - but if I research and she really is the best option, then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I have many reasons to not vote obama.... but I am not sure I liked the choice for him to pick palin...... I like what I have read so far and I am not speaking against her.... I just don't know enough about her. I cannot help but think the decision was based upon her being a woman. I do not agree with affirmative action, and that is what this reminds me of - but if I research and she really is the best option, then so be it
    In the case of Obama, we clearly do have an affirmitive action candidate. The Main Stream Media, with MSNBC leading the charge, by sheer force of will and determination got Barak as the first black candidate.

If Palin's choice was just to get votes, well it cemented me in voting for him now. I was only luke warm with him before and could have voted for Clinton but after the way the media fawned all over Obama, and the fact that he is just too much an unknown, I have to go with the guy I know. McCain has some faults, but I believe that if he tries anything too crazy, he can be reigned in.
    Last edited by Hayvern; 08-30-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    In the case of Obama, we clearly do have an affirmitive action candidate. The Main Stream Media, with MSNBC leading the charge, by sheer force of will and determination got Barak as the first black candidate.

If Palin's choice was just to get votes, well it cemented me in voting for him now. I was only luke warm with him before and could have voted for Clinton but after the way the media fawned all over Obama, and the fact that he is just too much an unknown, I have to go with the guy I know. McCain has some faults, but I believe that if he tries anything too crazy, he can be reigned in.
    So what happens when McCain has a stroke? Then the leader of the free world is a woman who simply has less credentials than anyone else he could have picked. This woman has more moose than people in her state. You really want her in charge? You might as well pick a Canadian ;)
    Not like I really care, but IF I had a vote, it may be for the candidate who is going to improve your image worldwide as well as your economy.
    Just an outsiders view...

Quote Originally Posted by Chief from the North View Post
    So what happens when McCain has a stroke? Then the leader of the free world is a woman who simply has less credentials than anyone else he could have picked. This woman has more moose than people in her state. You really want her in charge? You might as well pick a Canadian ;)
    Not like I really care, but IF I had a vote, it may be for the candidate who is going to improve your image worldwide as well as your economy.
    Just an outsiders view...
    I feel more comfortable with HER in charge than I do Obama. At least she has had to run a business, a city and then ultimately the state of Alaska, as short as the experience may be.

Obama has no executive experience, he has never had to make decisions about laying off people, trying to be profitable. He is a lawyer with some legislative experience, and even that is questionable since most of his federal experience in the Senate has been him on the campaign trail.

Don't get me wrong, McCain might have picked someone else, but I am not sure he could have found anyone better suited. I know people mentioned Romney, yeah two rish white guys running together, that would work well.

He might have taken Huckabee, and he might have only been the other candidate that would have worked for him.

I am pleased with the choice though. I think we are going to see some good things in the next 60 days! Certainly an exciting time to be an American!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I feel more comfortable with HER in charge than I do Obama. At least she has had to run a business, a city and then ultimately the state of Alaska, as short as the experience may be.

Obama has no executive experience, he has never had to make decisions about laying off people, trying to be profitable. He is a lawyer with some legislative experience, and even that is questionable since most of his federal experience in the Senate has been him on the campaign trail.

Don't get me wrong, McCain might have picked someone else, but I am not sure he could have found anyone better suited. I know people mentioned Romney, yeah two rish white guys running together, that would work well.

He might have taken Huckabee, and he might have only been the other candidate that would have worked for him.

I am pleased with the choice though. I think we are going to see some good things in the next 60 days! Certainly an exciting time to be an American!
    Yeah if you want 4 more years of this Bush Bull&*^%% It amazes me how so many can be so blind as to how bad that Bush has ruined this country. He has ruined the public image of the US, He has neglected the wars he should be fighting (Afganistan and others) to make a horrible attempt at finishing his daddys war. And by far not the least has taken one of the countrys with the biggest middle class and used it to pad his gas lined pockets. At this point the only ones in the country able to keep their heads above water are Bushes buddies in the Oil Industry. But if your complaining that the price of gas isnt high enough then by all means vote for McCain, we dont need more of the same. Obama Change you can believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Same here, I actually liked what she had to say in her nominee acceptance speech. Either way this years election is going to be history making.