Page 40 of 258 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Well I am indeed stupid, can't argue that. :)

But praise God for my good eyesight, heh!
    I like you guy, so don't take this personal, OK?

I have to assume anyone who is voting Rep is doing it either because they are scared of the terrorists (which in my opinion means they have already won), or are concerned about the moral majority (even though those who are elected are greedy, illicit, hypocritical pedophiles) yet the public still WANTS to believe the system isn't broken.

Other than that I can't see a single reason to vote Rep this election. Unless of course you want to see more of our servicemen and women die, the deficit to increase, or the economy to spiral down the drain.

And the Reps call themselves patriots.

Sigh...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Not offense taken my good friend :) Just acknowledging that I am an intellectual inferior. I mean, you guys here at this site whether it be you, greg, texaschief, the mods, Canada, rbedgood, or whoever, dance circles around me when it comes to football analysis!

Bascially I've been fed up with politicians for years and it seems to just keep getting worse and worse. Romney doesn't seem to be as bad as most of them so I'm trying to muster up a semblance of hope to be positive about. But yahoo news page just said McCain and Hillary are cruising to victory tonight, so MITT may end up being a MUTE point anyway.

Go Chiefs Go! (As in Kansas City Chiefs, NOT our commander in chiefs!)

You know, I think yahoo news was speaking too soon. Cuz now Obama is rolling. He's won 10 states to 7 and is way ahead in the remaining western states like California and Arizona that are still being tallied. So I think this will end up being a huge win and boost for Obama tonight, though certainly not the end of Hillary yet. But I'll bet they'll be saying she's in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Anybody who votes Republican this year is blind, or stupid.

Unless you have over 10 million in the bank you are getting screwed by the Republicans and enjoying it apparently.

(Not meant to be directed at anyone on this site, just a general observation.)
    My family is doing better under republicans then it ever has under a democrat.

I am a staunch conservative. No democrat comes close to representing my values and never will. Why would I vote for a person that does not represent my beliefs and values? That makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Romney is by no means the perfect republican candidate but he is the only candidate that comes anywhere close to my values.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

By the way, the thread will be merged with the official political thread in 3... 2... 1....

Well my GF's mom (the biggest Dem I have ever met) voted for Huckabee, so I have no idea what the world is coming to when personal convictions that folks have influence their vote to make America better.

If you have a problem with a single issue that influences your vote, then you are not patriotic in the least, you are a simple, selfish ignoramus that could care less about the future of America.

Voting with your heart is the worst thing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well my GF's mom (the biggest Dem I have ever met) voted for Huckabee, so I have no idea what the world is coming to when personal convictions that folks have influence their vote to make America better.

If you have a problem with a single issue that influences your vote, then you are not patriotic in the least, you are a simple, selfish ignoramus that could care less about the future of America.

Voting with your heart is the worst thing you can do.
    Why are you being such an *** about this? I haven't attacked your values at all.

It is far more than one single issue for me. It is several issues that I really don't plan on spelling out for this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    My family is doing better under republicans then it ever has under a democrat.

I am a staunch conservative. No democrat comes close to representing my values and never will. Why would I vote for a person that does not represent my beliefs and values? That makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Romney is by no means the perfect republican candidate but he is the only candidate that comes anywhere close to my values.
    You posted this before I posted my post just below.

That was not directed towards you, it was simple coincidence.

That being said, I think your personal convictions are harming our country.

I'm happy that your family is doing well, but think about the other folks here in America that aren't doing so hot, and how they are gonna be in worse shape without health care, and their sons and daughters dying in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If those issues still don't affect your opinion, then I would say you need to re evaluate some things.

LOL the whole system is shot. Not much difference between a DEM OR A REP they both are snakes in the grass. No what has really come to this country is a dem or rep to sellout on something he believes in so he can get other things to pass. That is not very patriotic. If you are against something do not sway your vote so another of your causes can get a vote it normally would not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Why are you being such an *** about this? I haven't attacked your values at all.

It is far more than one single issue for me. It is several issues that I really don't plan on spelling out for this board.

Once again I posted before reading your comment.

I am not attacking YOUR personal values (you just happen to have them), I am stating what I think is wrong in America.

Once again these opinions are not directed towards anyone on this board.

If you happen to hold these convictions then I hope you know they are not directed towards you in particular.