Page 220 of 258 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The USA is the height of civilized society on this planet. Even the poor here are not living as a great deal of the people in those countries do.

They live in poverty, and poverty means they have less to lose, and are generally going to be more invested in their emotions, and religion.

Poverty breeds all kind of dysfunction, including hostility.

If you backtrack through history and find where Christianity was less civilized, and less controlled by government/society, and the same type of behavior is evident among Christians. And when you trace back to eras ofChristian control you will see where Christianity has been even worse than anything we see today.

Not to make excuses for horrible behavior, but I do maintain that the religion is not to blame for a small minority making a lot of noise. Most Muslims despise having Islam represented in that way.

Keep in mind, Adolph Hitler was a Christian who claimed to he doing "God's work".

Just as Christians don't like to be represented by those who commit attrocities, the same can be said if any religion, or other group.

I think the movie was just a way of getting more people involved in the protest, so the violent intentions were protected by a larger mob.

And, while the movie was a sick idea when we are trying to cool the hatred between us, I do not suggest that such stupidity be banned.

And I do agree with your overall statement that the movie should be far less of a concern. But then, I don't see anybody really doing that.
    I agree with everything you said. I use the term "radical extremist" recognizing that such characteristics can rightfully be termed to describe that particular mindset in the history of all religions. My references to the Jewish and Christian faiths is in response to the seemingly apologetic tone following the tough talk by the administration almost identifying with the attackers rather than the innocent victims of that attack.

I'm a conservative who widely disagrees with the current administration on a number of issues, however, I'm a Christian first and as such pray for President Obama and all our elected officials with faith that President Obama will handle such situations with wisdom. Attributing those attacks solely to a ridiculous film is either short sighted or dishonest at the very least.

Again just my two cents.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 12-03-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree with everything you said. I use the term "radical extremist" recognizing that such characteristics can rightfully be termed to describe that particular mindset in the history of all religions. My references to the Jewish and Christian faiths is in response to the seemingly apologetic tone following the tough talk by the administration almost identifying with the attackers rather than the innocent victims of that attack.

I'm a conservative who widely disagrees with the current administration on a number of issues, however, I'm a Christian first and as such pray for President Obama and all our elected officials with faith that President Obama will handle such situations with wisdom. Attributing those attacks solely to a ridiculous film is either short cited or dishonest at the very least.

Again just my two cents.
    VERY well put.

VERY well put.
    Thank you, and I would say the same of you buddy!

I am amazed how the network media can influence the opinion of the American populous so much in favor for or against one candidate or the other regardless of that particular candidates record over the course their political term/s in office. In essence they are creating the way it is rather than simply reporting the way it is. It is unfathomable to me how so many are unable to think for themselves but rather need their thoughts, feelings and opinions outlined for them by the network media.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-02-2012 at 01:59 AM.

I am amazed how the network media can influence the opinion of the American populous so much in favor or against one candidate or the other regardless of that particular candidates record over the course their political term/s in office. In essence creating the way it is rather than simply reporting the way it is. It is unfathomable to me how so many are unable to think for themselves but rather need their thoughts, feelings and opinions outlined for them by the network media.
    im not

Mainstream media is threatening our country's future

I think we’re at the most dangerous time in our political history in terms of the balance of power in the role that the media plays in whether or not we maintain a free democracy or not. You know, when I first started in politics – and for a long time before that – everyone on both sides, Democrats and Republicans, despised the press commonly, because they were SOBs to everybody. Which is exactly what they should be. They were unrelenting. Whatever the biases were, they were essentially equal-opportunity people.

Read more: Mainstream media is threatening our country's future | Fox News
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Freedom of the press is heavily under attack.... By those who claim.to be so ravenous over our rights.

If you see a bias in the media then it is one of two things....

1. Your idea of unbiased is biased.
    2. The media says the way the audience dictates, so the media does not dictate any "lean", but has it dictated to them by the populous.

If a slant garner a bigger audience, then the slant will be replicated.

I find it amusing, during all this politicizing, how one candidate with the aid of the national media networks can demonize their opponent with video snippets featuring comments which are then taken out of context, but when comments are aired about recent failed domestic or foreign policy that cast themselves in an unfavorable light they have audacity to cry "foul".

Freedom of the press is heavily under attack.... By those who claim.to be so ravenous over our rights.

If you see a bias in the media then it is one of two things....

1. Your idea of unbiased is biased.
    2. The media says the way the audience dictates, so the media does not dictate any "lean", but has it dictated to them by the populous.

If a slant garner a bigger audience, then the slant will be replicated.
    I think I follow what you're saying and believe your comment to have some merit. I see media bias in all the news outlets that lends favor to one candidate or the other while ostracizing their opponent . I get dizzy from the spinning political strategists on both sides of the isle. However, it does appear to me that the main national media establishment venomously goes after those apposing one political ideology while giving said ideology a pass as it were. I simply want news reported without opinion.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.

I think I follow what you're saying and believe your comment to have some merit. I see media bias in all the news outlets that lends favor to one candidate or the other while ostracizing their opponent . I get dizzy from the spinning political strategists on both sides of the isle. However, it does appear to me that the main national media establishment venomously goes after those apposing one political ideology while giving said ideology a pass as it were. I simply want news reported without opinion.
    Another thing about that is that Romney has said some REALLY embarrassing things, and then continually doubles-down on them.

Insulting half the nation and then doubling-down is REALLY really bad for a campaign.

Meanwhile, the economic trend has been upward for about three years now. And there is no logic in using the initial crash numbers against President Obama. He didn't cause it, he stopped it.

Not to mention that the economy is mentioned in about every national news report. Forming a biased opinion that The President is not doing well enough would be just that, a biased report.

I still think that if you are seeing bias in the mainstream media, (all except for the known right-wing Fox) then I have to believe that it is because your impression of the middle is more to the right than the entire free press is to the left.

good luck with that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!