Page 114 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post

I just love beer. Beer is my best friend.
    Geez, that is WAY darker than any RedRock micro I have ever had.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Geez, that is WAY darker than any RedRock micro I have ever had.
    MOTOR OIL!!! Keeps me going.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Thumbs up

Saw this posted on another site and loved it so much I thought I would share it here...

And all this time I thought it was Bush alone!

In Just one year - - -

In just one year. Remember the election in 2006?

A little over one year ago:
    1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
    2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
    3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
    1) Consumer confidence plummet;
    2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
    3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
    4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate
    (stock and mutual fund losses);
    5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
    6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!
    Remember, it's Congress that makes law not the President.
    It's congress that votes taxes, spending, regulations etc.

I wonder if that could possibly be attributed to the state of the nation before they were elected?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I wonder if that could possibly be attributed to the state of the nation before they were elected?
    Draw your own conclusion. Research it though.

Draw your own conclusion. Research it though.
    I'm not a Democrat, so I'm not sticking up for their votes since they took control, I'm just saying that we were already heading into a death spiral before they were elected.

Of all the reasons I have to dislike the Bush administration, his vow to veto bills that have line items included to help the economy is what helped fuel the flames of the recession we are in.

I wish all presidents would veto bills with the line item crap. PASS a bill based on its MERIT alone. Don't throw other crap in there to force other crap through. Make a new bill for that. Congress AND the Senate need to be cleared out.

I wish all presidents would veto bills with the line item crap. PASS a bill based on its MERIT alone. Don't throw other crap in there to force other crap through. Make a new bill for that. Congress AND the Senate need to be cleared out.
    We agree 100%

Oh now this is embarrassing.

Oh now this is embarrassing.

That was friggin' hilarous!