Page 127 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I'm pretty far right on most issues, but I prefer a bit more of a nationalist/isolationalist policy on foreign affairs. We need to take care of our own economy before we are dropping millions/billions of dollars on foreign aide and into the middle east countries (so that they'll stop fighting)...

I agree we do need to clean up our messes, but really think we need to start backing out of some of these financial sinkholes. At least until we get our own backyard cleaned up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well at least he is the candidate of change right? I mean that seems to be the most important thing and the only thing keeping him afloat, the more people hear about him and where he stands, the better the other candidates start to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    You don't watch much TV then. Isn't he supposed to be the second coming?

you all have got to be being sarcastic.... I hope

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Not in this case...no sarcasm. Just very disturbed by our economy, and extremely concerned about some of the "promises" Mr Obama has been making.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Not in this case...no sarcasm. Just very disturbed by our economy, and extremely concerned about some of the "promises" Mr Obama has been making.
    I didn't mean to include your post.. I know the others were being sarcastic.... I agree with you!

You bet I was.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

What "promises" are you referring to?

How do you suggest we fix our economic situation? Should we cut taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    You bet I was.
    If I remember correctly, you refer to him as Obama Bin Ladin? How objective is that view.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post

If I remember correctly, you refer to him as Obama Bin Ladin? How objective is that view.
    Actually it was obamasama and it was a joke. I just don't consider him the answer for this country.
    Last edited by Guru; 05-21-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Only a little bit, I have referred to the Obama backers as the Cult of Obama in the past.

When people go to the trouble of writing songs about how they "LOVE" a man they have never met it just strikes me a little cultish.

That is just one simple example, but there are a great many more out there. Just trying to keep things light with the sarcasm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Only a little bit, I have referred to the Obama backers as the Cult of Obama in the past.

When people go to the trouble of writing songs about how they "LOVE" a man they have never met it just strikes me a little cultish.

That is just one simple example, but there are a great many more out there. Just trying to keep things light with the sarcasm though.
    It's an election year. Take nothing seriously and just have fun with it. Election years make for great comedy too.

Far left...Far right... I am so far left, that I may sound like I'm on the right. But, I am alos so far right, that I amy sound like I am on the left.

I think that both parties ideals are reasnably fair and often far more similar than most would suspect.

But I have yet to see a politician who truly believes in the actual ideals of eother "side" of the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post

First of all as for foreign aid, through the UN ODA we gave $27,457,000,000 in 2005 to developing countries. I'm not against helping other countries, but right now we could really use that money or most of it at home.

As for taxes, I don't think we need to further cut them, however I don't think we need to be raising them back up in 2010. Also creating more incentive for lifetime learning credits and education grants would help the future of our economy. I'm not against spending, just the wasteful spending that goes on.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat