Page 253 of 258 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2572

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Yea, he has done some of his promises. I guess that can be a good thing since that is what he promised to do. At least I can agree with you there. I would also fall into the anti Trump group since I do not think Trump is presidential material. It is easy to make him upset and that the media will continue to do until he learns to control that. Of course, most of what the media has put out though is just the plain truth and the truth has got to hurt....

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Yea, he has done some of his promises. I guess that can be a good thing since that is what he promised to do. At least I can agree with you there. I would also fall into the anti Trump group since I do not think Trump is presidential material. It is easy to make him upset and that the media will continue to do until he learns to control that. Of course, most of what the media has put out though is just the plain truth and the truth has got to hurt....
    I agree 100%

If he would just stop being a child when it comes to news reports he doesn't like then I think a lot of dislike for him will drop off. But he hasn't and I doubt it ever will so he does it to himself IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Repukelicans < Dummycrats. I'm fed up with all of them.

Sad what is going on in Charlottesville, Virginia. David Duke is a cancer whose hateful rhetoric I condemn in the strongest of possible terms. However, it is sadly unclear at this point from where the violence originated and, unfortunately, Duke and his band of minions have the right to publicly display their shameful, racist and idiotic ideology.

Their shameful, racist and idiotic ideology is what causes the hate to grow. It also cause the death of 3 people from one that shares those terrible beliefs. I am happy at least the governor of Va could see that these people are the ones that cause the hate in the USA. The president though, well, if it was not for these type of people, he would never had won.

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    The president though, well, if it was not for these type of people, he would never had won.
    How many of "these type of people" do you think there are in the United States? Certainly not enough to have swung the election. I guarantee there are more Muslims that support Sharia law in England than there are white supremacists, or white separatists in the USA. That is not a knock on Muslims or England. I'm just giving you a reference of relative size.

There is no defense for the ideology of these so called "Alt Right" racist hate groups. Fortunately, they are very few and mostly all talk. They have no real power to implement their hateful policies. Bu there is something that I don't see being talked about on any of the 24 hour news channels. All of this could have been avoided.

The city of Charlottesville could have denied the permit for the rally. They could have argued that the site for the assembly was too small to accommodate all the people that were expected to show up. They could have argued that their police force was far too small to guarantee the safety of all involved (which, in retrospect, is absolutely correct). Charlottesville is a small town with a population of about 48,000 and an equally small police force. They could have argued these things, but they would have lost. The First Amendment right to free speech and freedom of assembly is almost absolute in America and courts would have surely sided with the demonstrators. The argument that the rally would probably start a riot is not strong enough. You can't prevent an assembly because it might lead to crime.

So these hate groups had a legal right to hold their rally. They went through all the proper channels to inform the city of their plans so they could prepare and to get the permits they needed. The violence could have still been prevented very easily. All people had to do was to IGNORE them. Don't counter-protest. Don't try to drown them out with anti-racism chants. Don't show up and politely listen to what they have to say. Don't publicize the rally in advance. Don't talk about it on the news and don't send reporters and camera crews to cover the event. If they have no one watching or listening to their garbage, they would make their speeches, cheer each other on and then go home.

I live in Topeka, home of the Westboro Baptist Church. Nearly every weekend those idiots are out picketing somewhere. We can't stop them, legally, but we don't have to listen to them, or even acknowledge that they exist. You don't even know they are there unless you happen to drive by and see their stupid signs.

I don't understand why every protest has to draw counter-protesters, whether it's abortion rights, immigration, health care ... or white supremacists. Yes, the counter-protesters had every right to be there. Having the right to do something, doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. The counter-protesters are not there to persuade, to make the argument that their position is the better one. They are only there to "show support" for their side or opposition to the other side. Their message is "You people are bad and we are better than you." They do nothing to educate the community, effect policy change or make the World a better place. All they do is create conflict which leads to violence--violence that could have been avoided.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Yup, the only thing that would have kept violence from breaking out is if one side or the other not to tried to occupy the same space at the same time. Two groups diametrically opposed to each other meet in one place both armed to the teeth and violence broke out. Gee who would have thought???

I know many times where counter protesters had gone against Westboro Baptist Church. Why do people counter protest? It is because they are against the hate and evil that the other side represents. Freedom of speech should be limited to what is being said or represented. To have a group that wants to be superior to others is NOT what the USA is about and never should be. These type of groups should be counter protested, unless of course you agree with their beliefs.

You would also be surprised on how many of these people are in the USA. Look at the population in the USA vs in the UK. It is a very high ratio there. Look at how close trump won some of the states in the election. It is very clear he would not have won using that ratio.

Now with many businesses leaving the manufacturing council, look at how fast trump responded to that. No, this person is not a leader but a joke. Just hope the world remains intact until the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    How many of "these type of people" do you think there are in the United States? Certainly not enough to have swung the election. I guarantee there are more Muslims that support Sharia law in England than there are white supremacists, or white separatists in the USA. That is not a knock on Muslims or England. I'm just giving you a reference of relative size.

There is no defense for the ideology of these so called "Alt Right" racist hate groups. Fortunately, they are very few and mostly all talk. They have no real power to implement their hateful policies. Bu there is something that I don't see being talked about on any of the 24 hour news channels. All of this could have been avoided.

The city of Charlottesville could have denied the permit for the rally. They could have argued that the site for the assembly was too small to accommodate all the people that were expected to show up. They could have argued that their police force was far too small to guarantee the safety of all involved (which, in retrospect, is absolutely correct). Charlottesville is a small town with a population of about 48,000 and an equally small police force. They could have argued these things, but they would have lost. The First Amendment right to free speech and freedom of assembly is almost absolute in America and courts would have surely sided with the demonstrators. The argument that the rally would probably start a riot is not strong enough. You can't prevent an assembly because it might lead to crime.

So these hate groups had a legal right to hold their rally. They went through all the proper channels to inform the city of their plans so they could prepare and to get the permits they needed. The violence could have still been prevented very easily. All people had to do was to IGNORE them. Don't counter-protest. Don't try to drown them out with anti-racism chants. Don't show up and politely listen to what they have to say. Don't publicize the rally in advance. Don't talk about it on the news and don't send reporters and camera crews to cover the event. If they have no one watching or listening to their garbage, they would make their speeches, cheer each other on and then go home.

I live in Topeka, home of the Westboro Baptist Church. Nearly every weekend those idiots are out picketing somewhere. We can't stop them, legally, but we don't have to listen to them, or even acknowledge that they exist. You don't even know they are there unless you happen to drive by and see their stupid signs.

I don't understand why every protest has to draw counter-protesters, whether it's abortion rights, immigration, health care ... or white supremacists. Yes, the counter-protesters had every right to be there. Having the right to do something, doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. The counter-protesters are not there to persuade, to make the argument that their position is the better one. They are only there to "show support" for their side or opposition to the other side. Their message is "You people are bad and we are better than you." They do nothing to educate the community, effect policy change or make the World a better place. All they do is create conflict which leads to violence--violence that could have been avoided.
    Agree

People are jumping on trump for calling out the violence that happened on both sides. It seems to me that people have gone from Violence is wrong to well it's ok if it's not a popular opinion they shouldn't have given their opinion

Do I agree with racist HELL NO! F**k Them. But that doesn't mean I walk up and attack them. I ignore them I just walk away and it's an old saying that IMO we lose more and more of every day Agree to disagree.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When the opinion of others is to make themselves the superior by spreading hate and anger, then that opinion should be countered. My point is that this has no place in the USA and it cannot be ignored. Turning a blind eye as the USA did during WWII to Nazi Germany will only make matters worse until it will have to be dealt with.