Page 130 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    How many of the people in the church that you go to will vote for the same person for president?

That makes it a political issue.
    Ummm, I live in Arizona...in a fairly affluent area. The area votes conservative no matter who the candidate is, but when the candidate is from Arizona, even moreso. The general population in our voting precinct votes about 90% conservative...I wouldn't expect the church population to be much different.

I understand what you are saying, but as with most statistics, a blanket statement can't be factually made without considering all variables.

First of all, most churches are neighborhood based, and therefore people from similar demographics will attend a church more often than not. That in itself would lead the majority of any church body to support similar causes, candidates, etc.

Secondly, many churches tend to draw from certain populations. My church is pretty diverse for the N. Phoenix area...what does that mean, ummmm, we're only about 95% WASPs...considering the surrounding neighborhoods are probably in excess of 95%, we are diverse.

Finally, I've attended this church every week for nearly 10 years. Our paster has NEVER endorsed any candidate and only once in 10 years has spoken of any issues. And even then he didn't endorse say which issue, (although many of us knew), he simply stated, "this upcoming election has a number of candidates, and issues...some of which have a Biblical answer for where we as Christians should stand...it isn't right for me to tell anyone how to vote, but read your Bible and let God lead you"

I'm not trying to make anyone go to my church...heck I'm 2500 miles away from most of you, but I am pointing out that not every church is offensive. For every Rev Wright, David Duke, etc. there's a loving, compassionate pastor who just cares about people.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Who cares if I can reach 17,000 posts before Chiefster?

Can we get a bet?
    No..
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Default HA!!!!!

This is funny!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Ah GUNS --LUV/EM

US Supreme Court Rules Americans Have Right to Own Guns.For the first time in history, the U.S. Supreme Court has issued a definitive ruling on the right of Americans to own guns. A five-to-four majority of the court ruled that individual citizens have the right to own firearms, and in the process it struck down a 32-year-old ban on handguns in the nation's capital, Washington, D.C. Legal scholars have long debated whether the Second Amendment guaranteed the right of individuals to possess firearms, or if it merely applied to state militias.
    Jeez-Ya Think.."People do have an individual right to keep and bear arms, that is very important to remember. That means that the government cannot ban handguns, it cannot regulate guns out of existence. We feel today is a fantastic day for liberty once again," I Say..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

If John Kerry had been president, the opposite would have happened. Good thing he didn't win.

That should have been a landslide 9-0 win though.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    If John Kerry had been president, the opposite would have happened. Good thing he didn't win.

That should have been a landslide 9-0 win though.
    I was expecting a 5-4 decision the wrong way, althought I agree it is completely obvious...but it was funny watching Obama dance around the subject a bit today.

"I feel that the individual has the right to have firearms and that local jurisdictions should be able to regulate ownership..."

HUH???
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I was expecting a 5-4 decision the wrong way, althought I agree it is completely obvious...but it was funny watching Obama dance around the subject a bit today.

"I feel that the individual has the right to have firearms and that local jurisdictions should be able to regulate ownership..."

HUH???
    Damn!! It's John Kerry in disguise.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Default Damm, Am I color blind?

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Damn!! It's John Kerry in disguise.
    I am wondering which one will get the balls to start {endorse} Nuclear Power as an answer to our energy problems. Electric cars need.. I worked for GE once upon a time and the plant/divison is leveled-(shopping mall) They built alot of plants in the day and the earth is still here-ummm...Go nukes..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Split atoms.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    I am wondering which one will get the balls to start {endorse} Nuclear Power as an answer to our energy problems. Electric cars need.. I worked for GE once upon a time and the plant/divison is leveled-(shopping mall) They built alot of plants in the day and the earth is still here-ummm...Go nukes..

McCain has been pitching Nuclear Power for years....he has many other issues, but on that one, he had foresight.