Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who's the best Chief running back of all time?

Default Who's the best Chief running back of all time?

Let's hear it, Marcus Allen, the nigerian nightmare, Priest, LJ, Garrett what do you guys think?
    Damn it, now go out there and hurt someone!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    For the best Chiefs quarterback of all time, you gotta go with my hero Len Dawson, right everybody? Either him or Trent Green. I can see Green for his incredible 4000 plus yard seasons. But Lenny had such a long solid career with us and brought us to 2 Super Bowls and one ring.
    I'll give you Len because of the Ring, but Trent was by far the most prolific QB for the Chiefs as far as stats go.

It's too bad we lost Gannon before he won the MVP though.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

The answer is my signature. Ed Podolak! He rocked!

Admittedly, though, I'd go with Priest and then LJ. But in addition to his impressive rushing yards, Ed also contributed good receiving yards and was a good punt and kick returner. So Eddie was a great all purpose running back.
    Okoye should be second....bigger than LJ with a cooler nickname.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Okoye should be second....bigger than LJ with a cooler nickname.
    I love Christian. A good case can be made for that. I'll put him at #3 just ever so slightly behind LJ.

If you are going to bring up QB, the question again has to be asked whether you are looking at the entire body of the players career, or just the time in a Chiefs uniform? If the entire career Joe Montana is untouchable...if the time in Chiefs uniform, Len Dawson is far and away the best. Green and Montana are tight at #2 and #3.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    If you are going to bring up QB, the question again has to be asked whether you are looking at the entire body of the players career, or just the time in a Chiefs uniform? If the entire career Joe Montana is untouchable...if the time in Chiefs uniform, Len Dawson is far and away the best. Green and Montana are tight at #2 and #3.
    Just had to highlight those beautiful to look at words!

Yes, I mean the best Chiefs quarterback (as in, as a Chief) of all time. Not the best quarterback to ever play for the Chiefs (which would be Mr. Montana in that case).

That's why I didn't consider Marcus Allen for best Chiefs running back of all time since he, like Montana, came to us late in his career.

Just had to highlight those beautiful to look at words!

Yes, I mean the best Chiefs quarterback (as in, as a Chief) of all time. Not the best quarterback to ever play for the Chiefs (which would be Mr. Montana in that case).

That's why I didn't consider Marcus Allen for best Chiefs running back of all time since he, like Montana, came to us late in his career.
    Be kinda fun to do this for multiple positions...best "all time" Chief, and best "all time" to play for the Chiefs...

Some positions it would be the same person (Linebacker & TE for sure), but others could have interesting conversations.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Be kinda fun to do this for multiple positions...best "all time" Chief, and best "all time" to play for the Chiefs...

Some positions it would be the same person (Linebacker & TE for sure), but others could have interesting conversations.
    I agree, that would be cool.

Also, how about who is all time best Chiefs player in history? I say my man Len gets the Mr. Chief award! But that's very hard, of course, since you've got so many different positions. Hard to compare Priest Holmes with Derrick Thomas, for instance. That'd be like saying, "Who is better, Walter Payton or Jack Lambert?"

Still, it'd be fun to see who the Crowd would vote for if they had to pick just one Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry68 View Post
    Let's hear it, Marcus Allen, the nigerian nightmare, Priest, LJ, Garrett what do you guys think?
    What about Barry word, you know what I think, damn knees.....

I agree, that would be cool.

Also, how about who is all time best Chiefs player in history? I say my man Len gets the Mr. Chief award! But that's very hard, of course, since you've got so many different positions. Hard to compare Priest Holmes with Derrick Thomas, for instance. That'd be like saying, "Who is better, Walter Payton or Jack Lambert?"

Still, it'd be fun to see who the Crowd would vote for if they had to pick just one Chief.
    How many Chiefs players have 2 Super Bowl rings?

Smith did it with the Broncos.

How would one ever judge the best Chiefs player of all time?

Montana had 4, but not with the Chiefs.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    How many Chiefs players have 2 Super Bowl rings?

Smith did it with the Broncos.

How would one ever judge the best Chiefs player of all time?

Montana had 4, but not with the Chiefs.
    That's true, it's difficult. Like I would say who did the best for the CHIEFS of all time, thereby leaving Joe Montana out since his 4 SB's and glory years were all for SF. But Neil Smith is a little harder to dismiss his time with the Donkeys. For he was so excellent with us before he went there. So to then get 2 rings, even though with another team, seems like it should add to his consideration as most valuable Chief. But basically, think in terms of who performed the best overall in a Chiefs uniform.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast