Thread: We signed Harris

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default We signed Harris

Chiefs agree to terms with free-agent LB Harris
    By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs and unrestricted free agent linebacker Napoleon Harris agreed to terms this morning on a six-year contract.

Financial details were unavailable. Some still were being finalized.

The Chiefs plan to use Harris, a five-year NFL veteran with the Raiders and Vikings, as their starting middle linebacker. He would replace Kawika Mitchell, an unrestricted free agent.

The Chiefs may try to re-sign Mitchell, who has yet to make any free-agent visits. The Chiefs were discussing whether to move Mitchell to outside linebacker even before they signed Harris.

The 6-feet-2, 255-pound Harris was Oakland’s first-round draft pick in 2002. He went to the Vikings in the trade that sent Randy Moss to Oakland.

He visited with Tampa Bay before arriving for his visit in Kansas City.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I would not like to see us release Mitchell, but I wonder how he would perform at OLB.

Smile

I hope we can keep him, I think he will do alright in that position, we can try to fill a big need at WR, and in our offensive line, but until the defense is addressed I don't see us paying to much attention to our offense.

:mgrenadelaunchersmi
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

i also want to resign mitchell for OLB`er. but i wonder how he`ll feel going from the signal caller on the "D" to taking orders. if we dont resign hom try Fox instead of Bell. Now we need a DT, which i thought was the number #1 need on the defense.

on offense its a wideout which is now needed the most. Terry will start RT and if Shields retired,Welborn can move there.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    on offense its a wideout which is now needed the most. Terry will start RT and if Shields retired,Welborn can move there.

Welborne does a good enough job there, but in that event then we are still looking at either drafting a back-up for that position or aquiring one through FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Welborne does a good enough job there, but in that event then we are still looking at either drafting a back-up for that position or aquiring one through FA.
    I'd guess we draft some O-line people in rounds 2-5. DT should be the #1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'd guess we draft some O-line people in rounds 2-5. DT should be the #1 pick.

Yeah, the big name OL tallent will be gone by round twenty-three anyway.:sign0097: