Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: how 'bout a trade?

Default how 'bout a trade?

i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    :character00269: Repost!! I don't need no stinking Repost!! :character00269:

I agree with you wolfpack, rookies are just that rookies, the reason for all this nonsense is a group of people called agents. All the league has to do to eliminate the bidding wars is to make a rookie entry level with a cap on bonuses, and voila, this nonsense would be over.

:character00113: :bananen_smilies096:
    Agreed, but it'll never happen.

I am giddy!!:orange: We may aquire a high second round pick, for Trent Green. Now, all we need to do, is trade away Larry Johnson.( I know, I do alot of L.J. hatin', But I don't,actually, hate the guy.) I want Calvin Johnson!!! He is a serious stud.

Let's see if Detroit will give us a first,(second overall) and maybe a third, or fourth. We would be like kids, on Christmas morning. Well....I would, anyway. Especially, since trading L.J. would mean that we wouldn't have to "break the bank" for him.

So, let's see..... Dolphins give us the 41st, overall, while Detroit gives us the second and 66th picks. That comes to a total of..........
    2nd; 23rd; 41st; 55th; 66th; and 84th overall picks.
    let me use names..........
    WR Calvin Johnson; OT Joe Staley; G Justin Blalock; DT DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler; CB David Irons; G Manuel Ramirez.
    That is a draft!!!! That's a draft that could be the foundation of a championship team. I even made a big "reach" for Ramirez. Since we won't be drafting in the fourth round.

I didn't take a half-back, because we would, again, have an offensive line that anyone could run behind. Maybe not instantly, but eventually. Not to mention, I am only dreaming here. Just for clarity, this will never happen. I am having a good time, though.

Smile

Hey chief31, it is quite alright to dream on this board, your dream is as good as any others that I have read, we can always hope, in fact that is a Chief's fan middle name, hope.

:bananen_smilies091:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

I'd trade LJ straight up for the 2nd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'd trade LJ straight up for the 2nd pick.
    I don't see us lettin LJ go any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't see us lettin LJ go any time soon.
    me either. He's getting franchised.

Keep Trent around lets wait and see after preseason where we stand, Green gets us nothing right now. I'm not sold on Damon and Croyle is no Ben R. waiting in wings. The question is do we want to win now or rebuild?
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

How many people on here honestly think it is in the Chiefs best interest to get rid of Larry Johnson? I just dont see it. Everyone who dominates and is young wants more money- thats just the way it it 95% of the time. We have to get rid of Green if we can get a decent pick for him- if for no other reason than because of his age. I dont dislike Trent, trust me- when I was at Jacksonville-KC last year and he got hurt and Huard came in looked great and they put Trent back in- It made me sick. He has been great for this organization. Unless he is ready to make alot less money and help groom a young guy he has to go. I dont know that Croyle is the answer to the superbowl question but I know Trent isnt. (Unfortunately sniff sniff) I would love to see us be aggresive with trades and move up and around in the draft, but Carl Peterson just doesnt do that. We definitely need a WR, but we also need OL, DL, secondary- If we are playing GM and you had our pick what are position are you guys thinking-or are we going for a best player available pick. I think Meacham would be nice at that pick or Bowe- we have nobody at WR- we need help Obvioulsy Calvin Johnson is a freak I have been able to see him a few times downhere but I just think you would see me in there at QB before Carl and Herm decide to give away draft picks or a player to get high enough to take him- But like oyu guys said lets hope

No trading Larry. I know he is "a bit" of a whiner but lets not get ahead of ourselves trying to draft a Superbowl team this year. As much as LJ is a pain in the *** he can run the ball. We KNOW that. I don't want a first round bust on our hands at the cost of a great running back. No knock to Calvin Johnson. How many great players come in later rounds or undrafted. I don't think we need to trade away the team we have for the team we wish we had. As for Trent, I will be sad to see him go. Some great years watching him toss the ball around. I am going to go out on a limb and say that he will stay with us to help the young guys along. Huard did alright last year in a limited role, but there is a reason that he has been a career back up. I am not saying he can't do the job but what happens if Croyle dosen't cut it and Huard proves to be what he has been for the past 9 years. KC Printers?? lol I just want that guy on the team cause his name is Casey (KC). Anyways, I am still available for the start of the season if they need me so lets not sweat too much. I can fill in at any spot. Except WR. Too hard to catch a ball with a beer in your hand. :)

How bout we bring back Holmes and then trade LJ?:)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast