Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: how 'bout a trade?

Default how 'bout a trade?

i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    Keep Trent around lets wait and see after preseason where we stand, Green gets us nothing right now. I'm not sold on Damon and Croyle is no Ben R. waiting in wings. The question is do we want to win now or rebuild?

Welcome aboard!

Great question; some might contend that we have to do one in order to do the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    No trading Larry. I know he is "a bit" of a whiner but lets not get ahead of ourselves trying to draft a Superbowl team this year. As much as LJ is a pain in the *** he can run the ball. We KNOW that. I don't want a first round bust on our hands at the cost of a great running back. No knock to Calvin Johnson. How many great players come in later rounds or undrafted. I don't think we need to trade away the team we have for the team we wish we had. As for Trent, I will be sad to see him go. Some great years watching him toss the ball around. I am going to go out on a limb and say that he will stay with us to help the young guys along. Huard did alright last year in a limited role, but there is a reason that he has been a career back up. I am not saying he can't do the job but what happens if Croyle dosen't cut it and Huard proves to be what he has been for the past 9 years. KC Printers?? lol I just want that guy on the team cause his name is Casey (KC). Anyways, I am still available for the start of the season if they need me so lets not sweat too much. I can fill in at any spot. Except WR. Too hard to catch a ball with a beer in your hand. :)

Excellent point! Rep for you!

I don't know what Rep is but I like it!!

Rep can be positive or negative and can be given to anyone for any of their posts. So Chiefster is saying that he thought you had a good post. Right under the post count you should see a green dot. The more positive rep people give you, the more green dots you will accumulate.

To give someone rep, simply find a post you like or hate, then click on the scale().

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Rep can be positive or negative and can be given to anyone for any of their posts. So Chiefster is saying that he thought you had a good post. Right under the post count you should see a green dot. The more positive rep people give you, the more green dots you will accumulate.

To give someone rep, simply find a post you like or hate, then click on the scale().
    I see. I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to computers. My wife is the good looks and brains in the family. I a the big dumb Chiefs fan. I am slowly converting her to a Chiefs an though, so I don't know what I will do once that happens. At least I still bring home a paycheck :)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I see. I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to computers. My wife is the good looks and brains in the family. I a the big dumb Chiefs fan. I am slowly converting her to a Chiefs an though, so I don't know what I will do once that happens. At least I still bring home a paycheck :)

That, sir, is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    That, sir, is an oxymoron.
    I knew it didn't feel right even when i was typing it.

So, the trade between the Dolphins and the donkeys for Dan Wilkinson fell through. What about a trade with Green for Wilkinson? God knows we could use the d line help.
    Last edited by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan; 04-01-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Trade Green and Allen for Jason Taylor
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    Trade Green and Allen for Jason Taylor
    sounds like a trade to me

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast