Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: how 'bout a trade?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default how 'bout a trade?


    0 Not allowed!
    i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

    then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

    If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

    with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

    then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

    If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

    with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

    Thoughts?
    First off: Welcome to the "Crowd"

    Well, you certainly have taken the time to ponder a thoughtful thread that seems to have covered most of the bases. My only thoughts are that these acquisitions would most likely require player trades seeing how we are twenty-third in the draft, and most of the big talent has been sifted through at that point, even though twenty-third is a higher draft position then what the Bears are currently sitting at.


  3. #3
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I like where your head is at. Chicago would be a friendly set-up for Trent too. And I am concerned about his well-being. Chicago has a pretty good O-line, and I would like to see Trent have a chance to lead a division winner.

    I really like the creative thinking. I wish the Chiefs' management were as creative.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I like where your head is at. Chicago would be a friendly set-up for Trent too. And I am concerned about his well-being. Chicago has a pretty good O-line, and I would like to see Trent have a chance to lead a division winner.

    I really like the creative thinking. I wish the Chiefs' management were as creative.

    I think "wish" is about all we can do.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.
    Posts
    1,258
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i much as i as i have respect for Trent and thought he was great with dickie`s offense, he needs to retire. head injury,age, he`s got money, why risk it. put him in the booth with Lenny and Mitch.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13,953
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i much as i as i have respect for Trent and thought he was great with dickie`s offense, he needs to retire. head injury,age, he`s got money, why risk it. put him in the booth with Lenny and Mitch.
    While you're probably right Wolfpack, Trent does not seem to want to retire. I love the idea of a Briggs/Green trade. We are QB heavy, they are LB heavy. Green wants out, Briggs wants out. They want a quality QB, we need a quality LB to replace Mitchell. The Bears would instantly be thought of as contenders, and we would instantly have a much improved defense.

    I think it makes sense for all sides. The only problem I foresee is that Briggs wants out so that he can get his payday. We don't have the cap room for this.

    Very interesting. I'd love to get the opinion of some bears fans. I'll email this thread to some of my friends in Chicago to see what they think.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    While you're probably right Wolfpack, Trent does not seem to want to retire. I love the idea of a Briggs/Green trade. We are QB heavy, they are LB heavy. Green wants out, Briggs wants out. They want a quality QB, we need a quality LB to replace Mitchell. The Bears would instantly be thought of as contenders, and we would instantly have a much improved defense.

    I think it makes sense for all sides. The only problem I foresee is that Briggs wants out so that he can get his payday. We don't have the cap room for this.

    Very interesting. I'd love to get the opinion of some bears fans. I'll email this thread to some of my friends in Chicago to see what they think.
    Same here.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I think it makes sense for all sides. The only problem I foresee is that Briggs wants out so that he can get his payday. We don't have the cap room for this.

    .
    the cap room should be fine once we get green's 7mil. off our books. not to mention if we have to throw in Allen. his numbers would be off the books as well, or any other player we include.

    i've heard k.c. is looking for a late round draft pick for compensation for green, so i doubt green alone would be enough to reel in Briggs

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i much as i as i have respect for Trent and thought he was great with dickie`s offense, he needs to retire. head injury,age, he`s got money, why risk it. put him in the booth with Lenny and Mitch.

    I would have liked to see us retain Trent as QB coach. The rumor was at one time that Trent would be offered a front office job upon retirement, if I am not mistaken.


  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There's a lot of potential for FA maneuvering; I think before it's all said and done we may hardly recognize our Chiefs.


Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •