Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: how 'bout a trade?

Default how 'bout a trade?

i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Rumor has it that Green may actually find himself in Oakland.

"NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that if Miami cannot work out a trade for Trent Green, Green could be released and end up in Oakland."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/cl...=NFL&majteam=KC
    Will never happen. The Chiefs will not allow any team from the AFC West to have him. They learned their lesson in the past.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Will never happen. The Chiefs will not allow any team from the AFC West to have him. They learned their lesson in the past.
    Let us all hope.

Smile

I really hope that you are right Guru, Trent has a few good seasons left, I hope that he has a good O Line where ever he ends up.

:shootingsoldier: :character0074: :bananen_smilies066: :character0041:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Good job oh intelligent one:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

I'd agree that they won't trade him to anyone in the AFC West. But if they cut him, he's open game to evry team. I would not be surprised at all if Oakland made a run for him once he is released.

I doubt we get anything for him because other teams know that at some point we have to cut him. Does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'd agree that they won't trade him to anyone in the AFC West. But if they cut him, he's open game to evry team. I would not be surprised at all if Oakland made a run for him once he is released.

I doubt we get anything for him because other teams know that at some point we have to cut him. Does this make sense?

I kind of wished we would have let him compete with Huard for the starting position.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

how about trading wesley,bell,hall for what we need the most, a DT!
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I kind of wished we would have let him compete with Huard for the starting position.
    In theory, this is still in play. The Chiefs haven't signed or traded him yet. But he is such a large salary cap hit, that if we did keep him, we would have some serious holes.
    :bananen_smilies066:

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    In theory, this is still in play. The Chiefs haven't signed or traded him yet. But he is such a large salary cap hit, that if we did keep him, we would have some serious holes.
    :bananen_smilies066:
    Sadly this is the case; I just fear that Huard may prove to be a one season wonder. The fact of the matter is that I'm not convinced that Huard’s play was better then Greens. The WRs seemed to drop some real easy catches when Green was throwing the ball and made Huard look good with some tough acrobatic catches, not mention that the play calling got extremely conservative and easy to defend with Green under center.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

we have not resigned Edwards or Reed. so basically we are down to Wilkerson and Sims as DT. Wilkerson is alright for rotation,Sims is good for taking up cap space and locker room space. we need to trade or sign(if there is any) a DT! we can sign the greastest LB`ers in the NFL,which we might have now, but if they are spending more time fighting off blocks then they`ll have less time tackling someone.
    I`ve haven`t heard much from them about DT`S. wonder if the queen and hermie have something up their sleeve, trade maybe?
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast