Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: how 'bout a trade?

Default how 'bout a trade?

i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    we have not resigned Edwards or Reed. so basically we are down to Wilkerson and Sims as DT. Wilkerson is alright for rotation,Sims is good for taking up cap space and locker room space. we need to trade or sign(if there is any) a DT! we can sign the greastest LB`ers in the NFL,which we might have now, but if they are spending more time fighting off blocks then they`ll have less time tackling someone.
    I`ve haven`t heard much from them about DT`S. wonder if the queen and hermie have something up their sleeve, trade maybe?

You forgot to mention bench space, sideline space and space in the cafeteria. When that sits around the house he REALLY sits around the house.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i did see a DT monday or today. Boone(?) a 320lb DT backup from the bears. well atleast it something.and probably a backup but the bears backups are probably better than our starters.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

i did see a DT monday or today. Boone(?) a 320lb DT backup from the bears. well atleast it something.and probably a backup but the bears backups are probably better than our starters.

I'll take any back-up who could start anywahere else in the league.

isn`t scott a DT? maybe look at him. and Wilkerson a RFA so basically all we have is bench space sims.

isn`t scott a DT? maybe look at him. and Wilkerson a RFA so basically all we have is bench space sims.

Yup! Thanks Carl!

Smith signed with brownies so thats one less on the market. a market that was already thin.

I remember when we got Sims; he was supposed to be the DT of all DT's. Shows ya what a crap shoot the draft is.

all rookies shouldbe payed a rookie min. then bonuses added. until they prove their worth. but this is a subject for a new thread sometime.

all rookies shouldbe payed a rookie min. then bonuses added. until they prove their worth. but this is a subject for a new thread sometime.

It has actually already been discussed, but I can't remember where, and I agree with you BTW. I would, jokingly, call "repost" but that little word is a sore subject to some.

Smile

:character00269: Repost!! I don't need no stinking Repost!! :character00269:

I agree with you wolfpack, rookies are just that rookies, the reason for all this nonsense is a group of people called agents. All the league has to do to eliminate the bidding wars is to make a rookie entry level with a cap on bonuses, and voila, this nonsense would be over.

:character00113: :bananen_smilies096:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast