Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Bobby Knight

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Bobby Knight


    0 Not allowed!
    He's hilarious with his answers to stupid questions from reporters in press conferences. Especially funny is the really dumb question at 1:33!


    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=E5QvuZOdczg"]YouTube - Bob Knight goes off[/ame]

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 421

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This again?

    No problem!


  3. #42
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And now I come across this about Bobby Knight retiring effective immediately. So long Bobby. It's been interesting!

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 421

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    And now I come across this about Bobby Knight retiring effective immediately. So long Bobby. It's been interesting!
    It happens.


  5. #44
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It happens.
    Surprsied me though since it was all of a sudden and in the middle of the season. Not like Texas Tech is doing bad. 3-3 in the division, 11-8 overall. Undoubtedly they are not good enough to go the distance, as a Kansas or Texas is. But they're still competitive.

    Well, they said his son is taking over. Guess they want to let him benefit from head coaching experience now instead of waiting till next season to begin at the helm.

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hope his health is OK.

    I don't like the way the guy coaches, but I don't want to see anyone ill.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    BK was certainly "Old School" Happy trails Bob!


  8. #47
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,072
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Bobby is just handing over the reigns(sp?) to his son. It has been in the works for years. I'm glad he is handing Pat a decent team so he has a chance to succeed. I think Pat Knight will do well. He's much more laid back than his dad but has benefited from his knowledge. Kind of like how Mike Krzyzewski benefited from being an assistant for Bob Knight. The trick for Pat Knight will be recruiting at TT. I'm sure he'll do fine. I hope Bob Knight enjoys retirement because he has definitely earned it. Olympic Gold Medals, PanAm Gold Medals, countless Big 10 titles, 3 NCAA titles, and the most wins in NCAA Men's BBall history. Not a bad resume.


  9. #48
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Bobby is just handing over the reigns(sp?) to his son. It has been in the works for years. I'm glad he is handing Pat a decent team so he has a chance to succeed. I think Pat Knight will do well. He's much more laid back than his dad but has benefited from his knowledge. Kind of like how Mike Krzyzewski benefited from being an assistant for Bob Knight. The trick for Pat Knight will be recruiting at TT. I'm sure he'll do fine. I hope Bob Knight enjoys retirement because he has definitely earned it. Olympic Gold Medals, PanAm Gold Medals, countless Big 10 titles, 3 NCAA titles, and the most wins in NCAA Men's BBall history. Not a bad resume.
    Not bad at all. He was a very successful coach and a pretty piss-poor person.

    I hope his resume helps him get into the Pearly Gates.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  10. #49
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 421

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Bobby is just handing over the reigns(sp?) to his son. It has been in the works for years. I'm glad he is handing Pat a decent team so he has a chance to succeed. I think Pat Knight will do well. He's much more laid back than his dad but has benefited from his knowledge. Kind of like how Mike Krzyzewski benefited from being an assistant for Bob Knight. The trick for Pat Knight will be recruiting at TT. I'm sure he'll do fine. I hope Bob Knight enjoys retirement because he has definitely earned it. Olympic Gold Medals, PanAm Gold Medals, countless Big 10 titles, 3 NCAA titles, and the most wins in NCAA Men's BBall history. Not a bad resume.

    Yeah, from what I understand Bob is tired but in good health.


  11. #50
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,072
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Not bad at all. He was a very successful coach and a pretty piss-poor person.

    I hope his resume helps him get into the Pearly Gates.
    Funny enough, you never hear former players say anything but great things about Bob Knight. The people who have a hatred for him are the media. And since I'm guessing you've never met him or any of his former players, you are basing your opinions off of what the media says.


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •