Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Knight

Default Bobby Knight

He's hilarious with his answers to stupid questions from reporters in press conferences. Especially funny is the really dumb question at 1:33!

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=E5QvuZOdczg"]YouTube - Bob Knight goes off[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    But you wouldn't want to play for him would you? Heh!
    Are you kidding. I would have given darn near anything to play for IU and Bobby. I like discipline. And I would have no problem having my kids play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I can't stand Bobby Knight.

That is all.
    Most people that aren't IU fans feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Are you kidding. I would have given darn near anything to play for IU and Bobby. I like discipline. And I would have no problem having my kids play for him.

Most people that aren't IU fans feel the same way
    Captain Obvious!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    The only problem I see with these pithy quotes is she may become too used to you being a friendly, good natured guy.

Remember chicks dig a$, and you may be ingratiating yourself in the wrong manner. She also has to know that you have a dangerous side, or you will become nothing more than a good buddy that she would never imagine sleeping with because that would ruin what you guys already have.

Been there, done that. It's a one way street down heartbreak street!

Be careful.
    But in addition to being nice and friendly I make it abundantly clear how I want things to go on to the next level. It was a good day today. Maybe it's soon now when it will. :) Or.... maybe heartbreak street is ahead again too. She's worth pursuing till I find out!

But what about the concept of "playing hard to get"? What are your thoughts about that, HH? I wonder if coming across always as, "Hey I'm nuts for you baby, just say the words anytime and I'm your guy" might better be spliced with a little hard to get here and there. There seems to be something psychological about playing hard to get that makes the other person seem suddenly more attractive. Sort of along the lines of being a "challenge" and "absence makes the heart grow fonder", probably eh?

But yet, playing hard to get is hard for me to do. After all, I'm trying to keep showing I'm interested, not uninterested!

Thanks for your insights!

Wow you are brave. :)

I agree discipline is a good thing from a coach. But I'd prefer along the lines of Bill Cowher and Tom Coughlin. People like Knight, Mike Ditka, and Billy Martin are too irate and engage in tirades. They'd be better as Marines drill sergeants!

But in addition to being nice and friendly I make it abundantly clear how I want things to go on to the next level. It was a good day today. Maybe it's soon now when it will. :) Or.... maybe heartbreak street is ahead again too. She's worth pursuing till I find out!

But what about the concept of "playing hard to get"? What are your thoughts about that, HH? I wonder if coming across always as, "Hey I'm nuts for you baby, just say the words anytime and I'm your guy" might better be spliced with a little hard to get here and there. There seems to be something psychological about playing hard to get that makes the other person seem suddenly more attractive. Sort of along the lines of being a "challenge" and "absence makes the heart grow fonder", probably eh?

But yet, playing hard to get is hard for me to do. After all, I'm trying to keep showing I'm interested, not uninterested!

Thanks for your insights!
    It goes like this.

The hotter the chick the less interested you have to seem.

It is the challenge that keeps them interested.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    It goes like this.

The hotter the chick the less interested you have to seem.

It is the challenge that keeps them interested.

Well since she's the best looking girl in the world I guess I needn't make it clear I like her, heh!

Those are more good insights, thanks.

Well since she's the best looking girl in the world I guess I needn't make it clear I like her, heh!

Those are more good insights, thanks.
    It's a fine line man, be careful.

Drop and gimme 20 before I choke you!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Wow you are brave. :)

I agree discipline is a good thing from a coach. But I'd prefer along the lines of Bill Cowher and Tom Coughlin. People like Knight, Mike Ditka, and Billy Martin are too irate and engage in tirades. They'd be better as Marines drill sergeants!
    I've followed Bobby Knight pretty much all of my life. He is very similar to Cowher and Coughlin. He has made plenty of mistakes, but nearly every player that has played for him over the last 30 years would attest to the fact that he is a great coach and an even better person. He has a temper and unfortunately that is the only side of him the media likes to put on SportsCenter.

I'm sure most everyone that reads this thread is not an IU fan, so you won't like him. I also liked him because he was my coach and he kicked your coach's butt on a regular basis with less talented players.

Bob Knight is one of my favorite coaches of all time.
    I can't stand the guy; he's a good coach though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I can't stand the guy; he's a good coach though.
    This again?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast