Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Knight

Default Bobby Knight

He's hilarious with his answers to stupid questions from reporters in press conferences. Especially funny is the really dumb question at 1:33!

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=E5QvuZOdczg"]YouTube - Bob Knight goes off[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I know! As soon as I read your post I was thinking there I go taking your thoughts just before you post them!

If you were a girl I'd say "hey, we are in sync!" I've done that with any girl I've dated. Helps make them think it must be meant to be for us, heh heh!
    I shall henceforth call you Slickster!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I shall henceforth call you Slickster!

Not so slick if they eventually break up with me anyway!

And my newest female friend is already wavering a bit. Probably haven't been using enough Aqua Velva!

Heh, call me that line from "Fargo": "You're a smooth smooth"

Not so slick if they eventually break up with me anyway!

And my newest female friend is already wavering a bit. Probably haven't been using enough Aqua Velva!

Heh, call me that line from "Fargo": "You're a smooth smooth"
    Probably paying too much attention to her, and treating her too nice!

Chicks dig a$$holes!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Probably paying too much attention to her, and treating her too nice!

Chicks dig a$!

Amazing HH, cuz in all seriousness that is it! I've been showering her with attention and gifts and being as nice as I can. But for some reason people say that can backfire cuz she can feel crowded or overwhelmed. Yet I often hear of women complaining their man doesn't pay enough attention to them or spend enough time with them or say "I love you" enough. Sigh, guess I have to discover what the proper balance is!

Amazing HH, cuz in all seriousness that is it! I've been showering her with attention and gifts and being as nice as I can. But for some reason people say that can backfire cuz she can feel crowded or overwhelmed. Yet I often hear of women complaining their man doesn't pay enough attention to them or spend enough time with them or say "I love you" enough. Sigh, guess I have to discover what the proper balance is!
    There is no balance.

Treat them like crap and they will love you forever.

Just make sure you don't let ANYONE ELSE treat her like crap.

That is the secret.

Sad, but fairly true. I have know idea why - except we like a challenge, but all my husband does is sleep and eat... I do love him dearly - but it also gives me something to complain about. :) Actually, I didn't even get anything for Christmas :(

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Sad, but fairly true. I have know idea why - except we like a challenge, but all my husband does is sleep and eat... I do love him dearly - but it also gives me something to complain about. :) Actually, I didn't even get anything for Christmas :(
    My ex GF when I was in Germany explained it rather nicely I thought.

She told me that the reason she liked me was because I was a challenge.

She said if I did everything she said, and let her get away with things it was boring.

It was a real eye opener.

I don't actually condone abuse (physical, or mental) but Groucho Marx put it best:

"I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member."
    Last edited by hermhater; 01-13-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Dont get me wrong - My husband can be nice.... keep in mind guys... after marriage you can get soooooo much love from your wife if you simply do the dishes, laundry, clean the bathroom. Of course he is still paying for Christmas

There is no balance.

Treat them like crap and they will love you forever.

Just make sure you don't let ANYONE ELSE treat her like crap.

That is the secret.

Pretty appropriate advice coming in a thread called "Bobby Knight" heh! The way he treats everyone I'm sure he is definitely a challenge for his wife - AND I'm sure he'd never let ANYONE ELSE treat his wife like crap!

Sad, but fairly true. I have know idea why - except we like a challenge, but all my husband does is sleep and eat... I do love him dearly - but it also gives me something to complain about. :) Actually, I didn't even get anything for
    Christmas :(

There's an insight too. If my woman complains I shouldn't necessarily worry take that as a bad sign, eh. It's like I always try to make sure her feedback is positive. But my ex fiance did actually say once, "We females like to go fishing or camping with our guys cuz then we can complain."

Dont get me wrong - My husband can be nice.... keep in mind guys... after marriage you can get soooooo much love from your wife if you simply do the dishes, laundry, clean the bathroom. Of course he is still paying for Christmas
    But how about before marriage? Especially in the very early stages of dating? Does it help to do lots of things for her and give her cards, flowers, and things? And to make it clear to her you're crazy about her?
    How else is she gonna know you really love her and are interested in her? (OHHH by treating her like crap HEH!).
    But getting back to the challenge thing. Maybe that's where the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" comes in too. One time for instance, I was sweet on a female co-worker and kept visiting her as much as I could, including stopping by to see her to say goodbye before I went home. But then she started to get more distant and unenthusiastic. So I didn't stop to say bye for a few days. Then she said, "How come you don't come see me before you go home anymore?" I said, "Oh sorry, I didn't know if you wanted me too." She said, "Of course I want you too!" ;)

2 other important rules I've been told:

(1) Make them laugh. Women like to laugh.

(They especially seem delighted when you make them laugh by complimenting them in a humorous way. Then you are making them laugh and simulateously communicating to them that they are attractive).

(2) If they ever ask, "I look fat, don't I?" you NEVER NEVER say , "Yes"!

I remember a line from a movie when I was younger.

I think it might have been "Blind Date" or something.

An older brother gave some advice to his younger brother, Ethan Hawke.

He said "Treat 'em good, treat 'em bad, it doesn't make a difference... just pay attention to them."

Kind of appropriate, I would say.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast