Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: From the rumor mill.

Default From the rumor mill.

There is a rumor going around, just a rumor, nothing valid, that the Arizona Cardinals are trying to "shop" Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't know what might be required in compensation for Fitz, but was intrigued bt the prospect of having Larry Fitzgerald and Dewayne Bowe on the field at the same time for the Chiefs.

Just thought I would share the rumor, eventhough I can't imagine the Chiefs going after him.

what would we be giving up to get him? Our #1 pick? no thanks. I'll take a WR in the later rounds in the draft or sign a FA.

The Chiefs are trying to build this team. Why would you trade away a huge piece to bring in another WR when we already have taken the pressure off Gonzo with Bowe. Not to mention Webb might become a good #2.

So, what would y'all propose trading to bring him in? You're looking at trading big defensive talent like DJ, Hali or Allen or a combo of high draft picks. Either way, a trade for a franchise WR like that would be counter productive for a team in rebuilding mode.

Trading for Fitz makes more sense for a team like that Patriots who could trade a high pick away while getting a player who could take pressure off Randy Moss. The Pats don't have any immediate needs that they would fill with a high pick.

Just my opinion.

Yes I think we could probally fit him in somewhere!

Canada beat me to it but very nice sig chief31!! i had to break mine out to after seeing that.

DT with wings, great pic. and we cant aford Fitz.

With all of the needs on the O-line and the all of the draft picks we have in 2008, I have a hard time believing they are going to spend the kind of money it would take to get Larry. Plus he isn't really the right fit for a team in rebuilding mode as was already said.

With that said, I would love to have some more talent at WR. If we could get a legitimate #2 WR, it would make #82 even better.

SF might make a stab at him. With Martz coming to town and all. Of course trading in the same division could get tricky.

Fitz is staying in Az.

I would think he's staying. Az went 8-8 right and is finally on the brink of doing something rare for them in their 80 plus year history - make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    With all of the needs on the O-line and the all of the draft picks we have in 2008, I have a hard time believing they are going to spend the kind of money it would take to get Larry. Plus he isn't really the right fit for a team in rebuilding mode as was already said.

With that said, I would love to have some more talent at WR. If we could get a legitimate #2 WR, it would make #82 even better.
    If Fitz came to KC, Bowe would be the #2 receiver.

Then again, why have the Cardinals so seldom made the playoffs? Because they have horrible administrators and ownership who do things like shopping Larry Fitzgerald!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast