Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: From the rumor mill.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 26

    Default From the rumor mill.


    0 Not allowed!
    There is a rumor going around, just a rumor, nothing valid, that the Arizona Cardinals are trying to "shop" Larry Fitzgerald.

    I don't know what might be required in compensation for Fitz, but was intrigued bt the prospect of having Larry Fitzgerald and Dewayne Bowe on the field at the same time for the Chiefs.

    Just thought I would share the rumor, eventhough I can't imagine the Chiefs going after him.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    If Fitz came to KC, Bowe would be the #2 receiver.
    Agreed


  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I like fitz alot but think as well we should stick with web for I think he will become a go to guy.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The thing about the Cardinals is they could give up Fitzgerald who is arguably the 2nd best receiver on their team behind Boldin and still have Bryant Johnson a very good #2 and a young guy in Urban to work in their offense. I have to figure if they are shopping Fitzgerald who is an absolute stud, it is to improve the tragic O-line that they have. A deal with the Chiefs would then be unlikely.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  5. #24
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The thing about the Cardinals is they could give up Fitzgerald who is arguably the 2nd best receiver on their team behind Boldin and still have Bryant Johnson a very good #2 and a young guy in Urban to work in their offense. I have to figure if they are shopping Fitzgerald who is an absolute stud, it is to improve the tragic O-line that they have. A deal with the Chiefs would then be unlikely.
    Yeah, I never had much interest in the idea of bringing Fitzgerald in. But I thought it might make for some decent conversation here.

    If there were actually a way to get him on the cheap, that would be great, but it would take some kind of miracle for that to happen.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The thing about the Cardinals is they could give up Fitzgerald who is arguably the 2nd best receiver on their team behind Boldin and still have Bryant Johnson a very good #2 and a young guy in Urban to work in their offense. I have to figure if they are shopping Fitzgerald who is an absolute stud, it is to improve the tragic O-line that they have. A deal with the Chiefs would then be unlikely.
    Boldin would be the one to go if the Cards were going to give one up. He has been injured several times in the last couple years. Having said that, neither is going anywhere this year. The O line actually played well this season. Probably the most improved part of their game. As for Johnson, he's terrible!!! Very fast but has hands like Kwame Brown!( Lakers ) Can't catch! If they had a slot guy that could burn up field and catch, the Cards would be a pretty darn good team. 10 plus wins.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I've seen Johnson have a few drops, but wouldn't characterize him as being plagued by drops. After reading the scouting reports and looking at the stats over the past few years I see he had a fair number of drops this last season, but he hasn't shown a trend for this problem. Definitely a concern though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I've seen Johnson have a few drops, but wouldn't characterize him as being plagued by drops. After reading the scouting reports and looking at the stats over the past few years I see he had a fair number of drops this last season, but he hasn't shown a trend for this problem. Definitely a concern though.
    I've watched every game since he's been in Az. Trust me, he can't catch! I thought he was coming along in 06 but he went the other direction this season. He has been in the league for 5 years and barely has 200 receptions. Probably barely 2000 yds if I had to guess. I shouldn't say he's terrible but he hasn't been a bright spot for the Cards!

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    He actually has

    Receptions 210
    Yards 2,675
    Yards/Catch 34.7
    TD: 9
    1st Downs: 33

    As for the drops...he doesn't make the list of worst offenders...

    http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/lea...esdropped.html

    As a 3rd option in the AZ offense that isn't bad. I haven't watched as many games as you, being that I'm usually trying to find a place to watch my 49ers, but few teams have a slot receiver like Welker who is the 2nd option. Comparing him to one of the elite slot receivers who is a 3rd option would be more fair. Let's look at Chris Henry (2006)

    Henry also is a 3rd receiver behind two studs (Housh & 85) and is also known as primarily a deep threat. Henry has more TDs and yardage, but fewer receptions. Henry averages around 30-35 receptions per year while Johnson gets around 40-45.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    He actually has

    Receptions 210
    Yards 2,675
    Yards/Catch 34.7
    TD: 9
    1st Downs: 33

    As for the drops...he doesn't make the list of worst offenders...

    http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/lea...esdropped.html

    As a 3rd option in the AZ offense that isn't bad. I haven't watched as many games as you, being that I'm usually trying to find a place to watch my 49ers, but few teams have a slot receiver like Welker who is the 2nd option. Comparing him to one of the elite slot receivers who is a 3rd option would be more fair. Let's look at Chris Henry (2006)

    Henry also is a 3rd receiver behind two studs (Housh & 85) and is also known as primarily a deep threat. Henry has more TDs and yardage, but fewer receptions. Henry averages around 30-35 receptions per year while Johnson gets around 40-45.
    I guess those numbers would be around where I thought. If it weren't for the off the field problems, I would take Henry every day of the week over Johnson. A deep threat is exactly what the Cards need! Boldin is a monster in the middle for moving the chains! Fitz is the guy who you just throw it up and let him go get it. Tall and real good hands but tends to shiver away from the hit and not very fast therefore not gaining many YACs.

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    well, y'all were so excited about Fitz, is there any interest in OCHO CINCO? Apparently he wants out of Cincy and on a radio show even suggested he'd be ok with going to the Raiders. i don't even want to touch this, but i WAS curious for those of you out there who WOULD like to bring this guy in, what exactly would you be willing to give up to get him?

    Keep in mind that if he were a restricted FA, he'd probably be a high tender FA requiring we give up our 1st and 3rd round picks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •