Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: From the rumor mill.

Default From the rumor mill.

There is a rumor going around, just a rumor, nothing valid, that the Arizona Cardinals are trying to "shop" Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't know what might be required in compensation for Fitz, but was intrigued bt the prospect of having Larry Fitzgerald and Dewayne Bowe on the field at the same time for the Chiefs.

Just thought I would share the rumor, eventhough I can't imagine the Chiefs going after him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    well, y'all were so excited about Fitz, is there any interest in OCHO CINCO? Apparently he wants out of Cincy and on a radio show even suggested he'd be ok with going to the Raiders. i don't even want to touch this, but i WAS curious for those of you out there who WOULD like to bring this guy in, what exactly would you be willing to give up to get him?

Keep in mind that if he were a restricted FA, he'd probably be a high tender FA requiring we give up our 1st and 3rd round picks.
    I have minnimal in bringing either in, because of what it would cost us. Unless we were to bring in both Faneca and Starks, I don't think that we can afford to lose any of our first day draft picks. And with all of those contracts, I doubt that we could stay under the cap.

But there is no harm in dreaming a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    well, y'all were so excited about Fitz, is there any interest in OCHO CINCO? Apparently he wants out of Cincy and on a radio show even suggested he'd be ok with going to the Raiders. i don't even want to touch this, but i WAS curious for those of you out there who WOULD like to bring this guy in, what exactly would you be willing to give up to get him?

Keep in mind that if he were a restricted FA, he'd probably be a high tender FA requiring we give up our 1st and 3rd round picks.
    I have heard some buzzing about Johnson coming to KC. I pray this DOES NOT happen.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

No Ocho STINKO!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No Ocho STINKO!!!
    You know, I am going to go out on a limb and say go for it, pick him up (I duno what for) but who knows, it could be fun having a threat at WR AND RB...D's would have to play call around BOTH 27 AND 85. I know there is a risk of an ego gettin out of hand with him, but hey we already have to deal with 27....so why not say what the hell, lets deal with 85 too...who knows it could work out in the end...I mean 4-12...dude I will try anything...

I would be quite happy to have him here, just terribly dissapointed to see us pay the price for him.

I think that Herm would be able to keep Johnsons "antics" down. It is pretty well known that Herm does not permit "showboating".

Chad has as much talent as any reciever in the league. He has great hands, and can beat any CB in the NFL.

But, if he were to cost the Chiefs the chances at rebuilding our offensive line, then we would be unable to get him the ball, with our QB laying on the ground.

No Ocho STINKO,,,he will try and ruin DBowe. Bad attitude and too much money. Let some other team suffer through his bullsh!t.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No Ocho STINKO,,,he will try and ruin DBowe. Bad attitude and too much money. Let some other team suffer through his bullsh!t.
    Yeah, #85 is a showboater and smack-talker but he does it in a fun way that usually doesn't go too far overboard. A lot of the players in the league actually like him because he likes to joke and have fun.

Sure, some things he does is in somewhat poor taste but I don't see him deliberately doing things just to be a bad sport and piss people off. He also normally doesn't whine and throw his teammates under the bus when the team's not doing well (like a lot of guys around the league do). T.O. is WAAAY worse than Chad Johnson IMO..
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Yeah, #85 is a showboater and smack-talker but he does it in a fun way that usually doesn't go too far overboard. A lot of the players in the league actually like him because he likes to joke and have fun.

Sure, some things he does is in somewhat poor taste but I don't see him deliberately doing things just to be a bad sport and piss people off. He also normally doesn't whine and throw his teammates under the bus when the team's not doing well (like a lot of guys around the league do). T.O. is WAAAY worse than Chad Johnson IMO..
    I would LOVE to have him in KC but I agree with chief31 that it would cost us too much, and I don't think the management is looking for a wide receiver at this time.

If we don't get the O line fixed he will be wasted money!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I would LOVE to have him in KC but I agree with chief31 that it would cost us too much, and I don't think the management is looking for a wide receiver at this time.

If we don't get the O line fixed he will be wasted money!

Agreed on both accounts. I'm not saying we should get him. In fact, I say we shouldn't try for him for the reasons you and Chief31 have illustrated.

I was just making the point that as bad as some people think he is, ocho-cinco is nowhere close to guys like TO. He keeps most of his jokes light and fun. Also his trash-talking is more in the spirit of fun and competition and works to motivate the corners he will be facing.

Whiners like Owens throw everybody but themselves under the bus and want special treatment. Guys like that are a far more serious cancer to a team than a guy like Johnson, IMO.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post

Did you see all the stuff goin on between him and Palmer last year. He is just another bad attitude receiver that gets pissy when things are not going his way. I don't mind a little celebration, but he isn't good for a team when they are losing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast