Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs - Will Shields visits Ramadi, Iraq

Default Chiefs - Will Shields visits Ramadi, Iraq

Hi - my name is SSgt Just Young. I joined up to tell this story. Its about me but mostly about a great football and great guy altogether

I got a chance to meet Will Shields at the dining facility here on Camp Ramadi. I saw a large guy wearing a chiefs polo and I assumed right away it was an older Chief (maybe retired) so I humbly went up there and asked him his name. He, of course, answered Will Shields and I was flabbergasted. I was definetly star struck and didn't know what to say.
    I introduced myself and began telling him I was from Gladstone. I guess there is another person (female) over here from Gladstone as well :confused: wierd. I asked him about Trent - he gave me a canned answer saying he doesn't know. He was super nice and an awesome guy to talk with.
    The NFL network was there as well, along with 5 or 6 players total. Will Shields was the first person at the table. After I talked with him, I just left the line. The camera guy reached out and asked me why I just left the line and didn't want to talk with the other players. I told him in a funny/sarcastic way that "I'm from KC, why do I want to talk with other players when 100000 time pro-bowler Will Shields is right there?" :character0015: He thought it was funny so he interviewed me. I was really nervous and he began asking me questions about what I thought of the visit and asked me to do some shout outs. I ended up doing a shout out to my mom and dad because of how big of chiefs fans they are and that I wouldn't be here with them. The guy told me it might air around Memorial Day on the NFL Network :bananen_smilies073:
    That is all! That just made my night! :bananen_smilies095:

First off Welcome aboard the "Crowd" Buford, and thank you on behalf of all us homeland board members not currently serving in the US Military for all your armed forces service.

Great story bud, we'll have to keep an eye out for that NFL Network interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    First off Welcome aboard the "Crowd" Buford, and thank you on behalf of all us homeland board members not currently serving in the US Military for all your armed forces service.

Great story bud, we'll have to keep an eye out for that NFL Network interview.
    Thanks alot! I have been service since 2001 and I keep missing alot of the Chief season either with deployments or a permanent move to Korea couple years back. I'm glad I got to see one of the player up close - it was very cool. Hopefully I don't look like a dork cuz I sure sounded like one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Thanks alot! I have been service since 2001 and I keep missing alot of the Chief season either with deployments or a permanent move to Korea couple years back. I'm glad I got to see one of the player up close - it was very cool. Hopefully I don't look like a dork cuz I sure sounded like one lol

No need to worry about that; the fact that you're wearing a uniform defending our interests abroad alone is enough to garnish the respect of us all. :character00145:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    No need to worry about that; the fact that you're wearing a uniform defending our interests abroad alone is enough to garnish the respect of us all. :character00145:
    you're my new best buddy now thanks!! :bananen_smilies079:

you're my new best buddy now thanks!! :bananen_smilies079:

Well sir, you are more then welcome, and have been mine every since you took that oath. :armee_smilies127:

If you don't want to seem like a dork, stand beside me for a while!! :) hope all is well over there. Although I have never served I lost a friend a couple of months back in the war and I have the utmost respect for anyone willing to fight for my freedom. (even if it is in Canada! :) )
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    [/b][/i]

If you don't want to seem like a dork, stand beside me for a while!! :) hope all is well over there. Although I have never served I lost a friend a couple of months back in the war and I have the utmost respect for anyone willing to fight for my freedom. (even if it is in Canada! :) )
    Thank you
    I am back from Ramadi now. The NFL network should be viewing my interview sometime this weekend - dunno when though.

It sucks to hear Will Shield retired =(

I will be watching for it. It sucks that he retired, but at least he retired in Red and Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I will be watching for it. It sucks that he retired, but at least he retired in Red and Gold

Yup; a true Red and Gold Chief!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast