Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 178

Thread: Hardcore player evaluation.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default Hardcore player evaluation.


    0 Not allowed!
    How bout a little group fun?

    If this team is REALLY gonna take a couple years and "major reconstructive surgery" over that span to become a contender again, who should be on and stay on this team? Who will be too old when we are good? Who could we trade now to bring more draft picks?

    Here's some fun to get started that will surely get some feathers ruffled.

    Trade Tony Gonzales: He's been the ultimate Chief and it's a shame Peterson couldn't get him a ring. The best way he can do that now is to trade him to a contender for a #1 pick or a young, good player.

    Trade Jared Allen: Negotiate a sign and trade with Allen. Tell him to list 10 teams he would accept a trade to and get the best possible bounty you can for arguably the best pass rusher in league. Perhaps a first rounder and more.

    Trade Larry Johnson: Get ANYTHING you can for him. Huge contract with big questions after an injury laden 2007. This one may be best to move next season.

    I think those 3 players, the best the Chiefs have to offer in the prime of their careers would bring huge bounty to help with the rebuilding. Bringing in a bunch of first rounders and more young players may require just one more "rebuilding year.

    So, who else should stay and who else should go?

  2. #101
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah, if your first post wasn't telling off Guru and HH for being so negative then you would be right dipsh!t
    I'm so proud....Canada, you're really getting a lot better dude.

  3. #102
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm so proud....Canada, you're really getting a lot better dude.
    Pointing out when you are wrong is not a difficult task. It pretty much happens when you post. But thanx anyways!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  4. #103
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What is the average for TE's in receptions around the league?

    What are the odds we will get someone with even a quarter of his talents?
    The kid coming out of Oklahoma next year is a beast. Jermichael Finley, Jr. out of Texas this season is incredible. Fred Davis from USC would fit in nicely. There are plenty of TEs out there who could catch 25 passes next season.

  5. #104
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Pointing out when you are wrong is not a difficult task. It pretty much happens when you post. But thanx anyways!!
    really? when was i wrong?

  6. #105
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Lets git em all y'all and git rid them varmints that have proven they can play!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #106
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    really? when was i wrong?
    Uhhh....the trading the best players on our team thing
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  8. #107
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    You said 1000 receptions, I thought you meant with the new TE and WR's, with T.G. gone we would lose 1000 receptions, which I don't know how that would be possible, so I was just saying if for some record setting reason, our receiver core caught 1000, I said they could lose 100. What team catches 1000 receptions?
    That was my fault. I put in one too many zero. lol It was supposed to be 100.

  9. #108
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Uhhh....the trading the best players on our team thing
    Is a stated opinion and an option that is a possibility. But by all means, if you think you can disprove an opinion, go for it.

    Notice i haven't called you a dip**** or stated that your head was up your *** because you think our team is better off with the TE, DE, and RB. I also don't say you're wrong for thinking the way you do....as narrow minded as it is....and notice i don't try to disprove your opinion....because it's not possible.

    But i am patient with you because you ARE from Canada and i understand it's difficult for a drunk to have an inteligent conversation without calling people names.

    But please, disprove my opinion. I'd LOVE to read that.

    I could use a good laugh.

  10. #109
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    You said 1000 receptions, I thought you meant with the new TE and WR's, with T.G. gone we would lose 1000 receptions, which I don't know how that would be possible, so I was just saying if for some record setting reason, our receiver core caught 1000, I said they could lose 100. What team catches 1000 receptions?
    None...I guarantee it....the NFL record for Pass attempts is owned by Drew Bledsoe with 691 (1994)...for his team to have even 1/2 of the 1000 receptions mentioned he'd have to complete about 72.3% of his passes...a full 2% higher than Ken Anderson NFL record 70.5% (1982).

    To put it in perspective that everyone can understand, this year the Patriots had a very pass-happy offense and Brady only had 578 pass attempts...assume his backup had another 10-15 in mop-up duty and that means they approached 600 attempts. Brady had a very nice completion percentage of 68.9%, but would've needed about 87% to get to 500 completions. Until the season is expanded to about 25 games (never) don't expect anyone to approach 1000 pass attempts, more or less completions or receptions for a team.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  11. #110
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    None...I guarantee it....the NFL record for Pass attempts is owned by Drew Bledsoe with 691 (1994)...for his team to have even 1/2 of the 1000 receptions mentioned he'd have to complete about 72.3% of his passes...a full 2% higher than Ken Anderson NFL record 70.5% (1982).

    To put it in perspective that everyone can understand, this year the Patriots had a very pass-happy offense and Brady only had 578 pass attempts...assume his backup had another 10-15 in mop-up duty and that means they approached 600 attempts. Brady had a very nice completion percentage of 68.9%, but would've needed about 87% to get to 500 completions. Until the season is expanded to about 25 games (never) don't expect anyone to approach 1000 pass attempts, more or less completions or receptions for a team.
    Wow that would be nice to see the Chiefs play for half the year!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •