Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore player evaluation.

Default Hardcore player evaluation.

How bout a little group fun?

If this team is REALLY gonna take a couple years and "major reconstructive surgery" over that span to become a contender again, who should be on and stay on this team? Who will be too old when we are good? Who could we trade now to bring more draft picks?

Here's some fun to get started that will surely get some feathers ruffled.

Trade Tony Gonzales: He's been the ultimate Chief and it's a shame Peterson couldn't get him a ring. The best way he can do that now is to trade him to a contender for a #1 pick or a young, good player.

Trade Jared Allen: Negotiate a sign and trade with Allen. Tell him to list 10 teams he would accept a trade to and get the best possible bounty you can for arguably the best pass rusher in league. Perhaps a first rounder and more.

Trade Larry Johnson: Get ANYTHING you can for him. Huge contract with big questions after an injury laden 2007. This one may be best to move next season.

I think those 3 players, the best the Chiefs have to offer in the prime of their careers would bring huge bounty to help with the rebuilding. Bringing in a bunch of first rounders and more young players may require just one more "rebuilding year.

So, who else should stay and who else should go?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Does this statement only apply to me?
    You and HH
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    If it takes the friggin' parrot to end this uselessness I will do it!

Don't make me use the parrot!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No, you have it all wrong Texas. He is good so he should be traded so they can get A good player!!
    Show me where i've said he should be traded for ONE good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Eggsactly, except you left out the part where we talk about my need for that little blue pill.
    I have no idea how I forgot that. I'll mention it on post 2000.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Show me where i've said he should be traded for ONE good player.
    How many draft picks do you expect?? If you get two draft picks and can turn them into the next great players then you should be doing the hiring, however realistically you may get a good player and most likely a guy that will be on the practice squad or traded or cut. I know that this seems to be a difficult concept for you to grasp cause in fantasy land all you draft picks will be superstars. Good luck with that!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

How often have you watched Shockey or Winslow? Both those guys are beasts on the line. They were dominant in Miami and if they couldn't block, why were they drafted so high?

....and from a 49er fan, i won't push Vernon Davis too hard. I'm sure you've seen him much more than i have, but from the 6 or so 49er games that i've seen him play in, he impressed me. I'm sure the 49ers wouldn't want him going anywhere either.
    Okay, I'll start with Vernon Davis...he is well below average as a run blocker. He doesn't get low enough, stands up coming out of the block and loses all of his leverage.

Shockey is a beast blocking downfield for receivers, but he is a piss poor run blocker, that is why often times the Giants split him out on plays to force a linebacker/safety out of the box and put him in a better position to block from his strength.

I haven't watched as much of Winslow, but I will say that he could easily be discounted just because of his injury issues over the first 4 years of his career. Heck for that matter when has Shockey stayed healthy for an entire season?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

How many draft picks do you expect?? If you get two draft picks and can turn them into the next great players then you should be doing the hiring, however realistically you may get a good player and most likely a guy that will be on the practice squad or traded or cut. I know that this seems to be a difficult concept for you to grasp cause in fantasy land all you draft picks will be superstars. Good luck with that!!
    Like i said previously, the Chiefs are hitting on 70% of thier draft picks the past 2 years. So, if we have 20 or so draft picks over the next two seasons, that means around 14 of those players will be major contributers to this football team. Add those to the 10 new major contributers to already on the team from the past two drafts and the entire team is rebuilt.

But you only hit on that many players if you get your pick number high. Like the 14 i suggested earlier this evening.....but you seem to just leave this part out for whatever reason. I never said we'd draft a starter with every pick.

Like i said previously, the Chiefs are hitting on 70% of thier draft picks the past 2 years. So, if we have 20 or so draft picks over the next two seasons, that means around 14 of those players will be major contributers to this football team. Add those to the 10 new major contributers to already on the team from the past two drafts and the entire team is rebuilt.

But you only hit on that many players if you get your pick number high. Like the 14 i suggested earlier this evening.....but you seem to just leave this part out for whatever reason. I never said we'd draft a starter with every pick.
    20 draft picks over the next two season is 10 per draft right?? Don't we have 10 right now? And how many does everyone start with? 7, so you want to trade Tony G, Jared and LJ for 3 draft picks so that we can aquire 14 rookies to fill 5 O line spots, a DE, Two corners (at least) a TE and a RB. Good luck with that

20 draft picks over the next two season is 10 per draft right?? Don't we have 10 right now? And how many does everyone start with? 7, so you want to trade Tony G, Jared and LJ for 3 draft picks so that we can aquire 14 rookies to fill 5 O line spots, a DE, Two corners (at least) a TE and a RB. Good luck with that
    Why you being so pessimistic?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I warned ya!

The parrot is not amused!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast