Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore player evaluation.

Default Hardcore player evaluation.

How bout a little group fun?

If this team is REALLY gonna take a couple years and "major reconstructive surgery" over that span to become a contender again, who should be on and stay on this team? Who will be too old when we are good? Who could we trade now to bring more draft picks?

Here's some fun to get started that will surely get some feathers ruffled.

Trade Tony Gonzales: He's been the ultimate Chief and it's a shame Peterson couldn't get him a ring. The best way he can do that now is to trade him to a contender for a #1 pick or a young, good player.

Trade Jared Allen: Negotiate a sign and trade with Allen. Tell him to list 10 teams he would accept a trade to and get the best possible bounty you can for arguably the best pass rusher in league. Perhaps a first rounder and more.

Trade Larry Johnson: Get ANYTHING you can for him. Huge contract with big questions after an injury laden 2007. This one may be best to move next season.

I think those 3 players, the best the Chiefs have to offer in the prime of their careers would bring huge bounty to help with the rebuilding. Bringing in a bunch of first rounders and more young players may require just one more "rebuilding year.

So, who else should stay and who else should go?

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Why you being so pessimistic?
    I would be if we followed the moronic advice of trading LJ, Tony and Jared.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    20 draft picks over the next two season is 10 per draft right?? Don't we have 10 right now? And how many does everyone start with? 7, so you want to trade Tony G, Jared and LJ for 3 draft picks so that we can aquire 14 rookies to fill 5 O line spots, a DE, Two corners (at least) a TE and a RB. Good luck with that
    i said around 20 because that would leave room for movement of picks to trade up or trade down in the draft.

I think you could get a 1st, 2nd, and mid round pick for Allen

I think you could get a 1st and mid round pick for TG.

I couldn't tell you what I'd expect in return for LJ. That's why i posted earlier that it would probably be better to wait to trade him next season after we know what exactly we've got in our super star RB.

Do you even read my posts or do you just spout random insults?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    i said around 20 because that would leave room for movement of picks to trade up or trade down in the draft.

I think you could get a 1st, 2nd, and mid round pick for Allen

I think you could get a 1st and mid round pick for TG.

I couldn't tell you what I'd expect in return for LJ. That's why i posted earlier that it would probably be better to wait to trade him next season after we know what exactly we've got in our super star RB.

Do you even read my posts or do you just spout random insults?
    I read some, but mostly random insults. I read most of your posts from their original sources.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I read some, but mostly random insults. I read most of your posts from their original sources.
    good for you. I post some of those so that others could read about the Chiefs who don't know where to look like you and I do.

but keep up with the insults.

good for you. I post some of those so that others could read about the Chiefs who don't know where to look like you and I do.

but keep up with the insults.
    I will thanks. I am pretty sure that is how you started your nite off here tonite, so stop crying when someone does it back to you.

Okay guys, head back to your corners and come out swinging when the bell rings....no not yet...wait for the bell.

I'm pondering a diplomatic approach, but I'm figuring the odds of it working are low...so how about this, give me the PPV rights to broadcast this brawl, and we can all make a little change on it.

Okay...ding...ding...ding
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

also, i fail to see why trading 3 players who don't really want to be here anyway is such a bad thing.

Larry has NEVER wanted to be here.

Jared doesn't want to be here.

Tony can't afford a rebuild at this point in his career.

For the optomist here, what year will the Chiefs be in the Super Bowl? It OBVIOUSLY won't happen in the next few years since "Herm is such a bad coach," so why wouldn't you trade Tony? This isn't a ZERO SUM game. The Chiefs will still throw on the downs they need to throw. It will just be thrown to a different target. Most of those receptions will just be dispersed amongst the new TE and the WRs. Just be Gonzo would be gone doesn't mean you lose 1000 receptions.

also, i fail to see why trading 3 players who don't really want to be here anyway is such a bad thing.

For the optomist here, what year will the Chiefs be in the Super Bowl? It OBVIOUSLY won't happen in the next few years since "Herm is such a bad coach," so why wouldn't you trade Tony? This isn't a ZERO SUM game. The Chiefs will still throw on the downs they need to throw. It will just be thrown to a different target. Most of those receptions will just be dispersed amongst the new TE and the WRs. Just be Gonzo would be gone doesn't mean you lose 1000 receptions.
    You could lose 100 pretty easy.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

My whole point is why get rid of a guy that we KNOW is there for a first down consistently for someone we HOPE is going to be there. Adress the needs we have with the 10 draft picks we have now.

I am beginning to think Herm does have the friggin' internet after all...

Either that or you have bought into his approach completely.

You need an intervention dude.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast