Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore player evaluation.

Default Hardcore player evaluation.

How bout a little group fun?

If this team is REALLY gonna take a couple years and "major reconstructive surgery" over that span to become a contender again, who should be on and stay on this team? Who will be too old when we are good? Who could we trade now to bring more draft picks?

Here's some fun to get started that will surely get some feathers ruffled.

Trade Tony Gonzales: He's been the ultimate Chief and it's a shame Peterson couldn't get him a ring. The best way he can do that now is to trade him to a contender for a #1 pick or a young, good player.

Trade Jared Allen: Negotiate a sign and trade with Allen. Tell him to list 10 teams he would accept a trade to and get the best possible bounty you can for arguably the best pass rusher in league. Perhaps a first rounder and more.

Trade Larry Johnson: Get ANYTHING you can for him. Huge contract with big questions after an injury laden 2007. This one may be best to move next season.

I think those 3 players, the best the Chiefs have to offer in the prime of their careers would bring huge bounty to help with the rebuilding. Bringing in a bunch of first rounders and more young players may require just one more "rebuilding year.

So, who else should stay and who else should go?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Put those TD numbers into the right perspective. How many TD did the Chiefs score? If averaging 0.6 yards per catch less over the last 7 seasons is a slope then you are right. However to me it look as though he is good for 70-80 catches a season, 900-1000yards and a first down every time he catches it. Dosen't sound like he is declining at all. It's the offensive scheme that is declining.
    and again....i never said the guy was done. While he's still putting up numbers like these, he should bring back a hefty bounty in a trade. Tony has plenty left in the tank, i just think it would best help the team if we got more players in his stead.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Dude, you're in denial if you think you're not a pessimist. You bash the team left and right, paint your head red and call yourself a fan. All you know how to do is run down the organization.

Please show me where i've been pessimistic. Show me where i siad i hope or think Chan falls on his face.

Sometimes I think I'm the only optomist on this site. All you see is doom and gloom with this team. Other than Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez, you can't say one positive thing about this team.

Winslow has had ONE full season, Smith has had 3 full seasons, Davis has had ONE full season and Shockey is a dominant TE when he's healthy. Of course they're not going to have the same numbers as TG.

And yes, as you look around the NFL, the talent at TE has sky rocketed. Dont act.
    Where do I do this?? I wold like to see it. Just because you say it dosen't make it true. Back up at least one thing you say.

I never said that you were. I just think you blurt out sh!t without paying any attention to what you are saying.
    Last edited by Canada; 01-16-2008 at 11:19 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Dude, you're in denial if you think you're not a pessimist. You bash the team left and right, paint your head red and call yourself a fan. All you know how to do is run down the organization.

Please show me where i've been pessimistic. Show me where i siad i hope or think Chan falls on his face.

Sometimes I think I'm the only optomist on this site. All you see is doom and gloom with this team. Other than Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez, you can't say one positive thing about this team.

Winslow has had ONE full season, Smith has had 3 full seasons, Davis has had ONE full season and Shockey is a dominant TE when he's healthy. Of course they're not going to have the same numbers as TG.

And yes, as you look around the NFL, the talent at TE has sky rocketed. Dont act.
    They're not as good as T.G.'s first years, that's what I was looking at. Shockey's over the last 4 years have been mediocre compared to T.G.'s. And what am I supposed to not act?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Winslow and Shockey hurt.

How often does TG get hurt?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Sometimes I think I'm the only optomist on this site. All you see is doom and gloom with this team. Other than Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez, you can't say one positive thing about this team...
    Canada is one of the more positive Chiefs fans I know.

Is there anything positive to say about a team that is 4-12?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

ummmm...we didn't lose 13?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I would suggest that none of the TE's listed are nearly the player that Tony Gonzalez is. The only thing being discussed in the comparison is their receiving numbers...ummm anyone else notice that the only other competent blocker in that list was Jason Witten. And Witten has been in the league for a few years, but only has one really impressive year (this one).

For right now Tony Gonzalez is in a class of his own at the TE position. Gates is the only other receiving TE that has approached his excellence for more than a season or two, and Gates is a less than mediocre blocker.

Tony Gonzalez began a trend of NFL teams watching the NCAA ranks for solidly built basketball players that could translate to the football field. Before Gonzalez, the premier TEs in the game were guys like Brent Jones and Jay Novacek who were essentially oversized receivers, much like Shockey or Winslow Jr. The only two on that list that really could compare to Gonzalez down the road are Winslow Jr and Vernon Davis, and only if they put their minds to becoming complete players (receiving and blocking)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    HA! Why you're right; how stupid of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

You finished in front of the Raiders in the standings?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast