Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QB's intelligence.

Default QB's intelligence.

I understand that a QB's physical ability is important, but is a QB's intelligence more important?

Is Tom Brady just able to make great reads, or is it his ability?

Is that something that can be tested when drafting (assessing) a QB?

Or is it something that a great coach is just able to teach?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I understand that a QB's physical ability is important, but is a QB's intelligence more important?

Is Tom Brady just able to make great reads, or is it his ability?

Is that something that can be tested when drafting (assessing) a QB?

Or is it something that a great coach is just able to teach?
    I still prefer to use Peyton Manning as the example, as he makes the offensive linemens jobs easier by getting rid of the ball before the snap.(Slight exageration.) And Tom Brady has the luxury of sitting in the pocket until he is ready, then stepping into his throws without obstacles, because the offensive line has been doing an amazing job for them.

If a mediocre QB spends a couple of years playing with a terrific O-line, then they begin to feel more comfortable with holding the ball until the right time, instead of panicing because they are used to getting hit if they hold it for an extra second.

What I am saying is that even what may appear to be a mediocre, or even poor, QB, could be a great QB who just isn't being allowed to become comfortable with holding the ball.

I believe that the NFL goes through alot of QBs that might have been great, but went to a team that placed little value on pass protectors.

So, for me, the most valuable assett that a QB can have is a great offensive line, ahead of any physical talent, or, in most cases, intelligence. (Manning being the one current QB that I would have to say is the exception.)

That's my two-cents.

....I dont think physical ability is as important for a qb as intelligence is....

...an easy way to see this is just look at who is left in playoffs...Brady, Eli, Favre, Rivers....none of those guys are a vick, gerrard, romo etc etc......those more mobile, physically able, qb's arent playing anymore...

Rivers is a knob.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Rivers is a knob.
    Yeah he is.

Not only did he tell his own fans to "Shut up!", he argued and taunted the Colts fans while going to the locker room, ruining that little girls moment of glory (the pass, punt, kick winner), and after the game.

A complete tool.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Yeah he is.

Not only did he tell his own fans to "Shut up!", he argued and taunted the Colts fans while going to the locker room, ruining that little girls moment of glory (the pass, punt, kick winner), and after the game.

A complete tool.
    Yep. Rivers, Merriman, and the whiner LT all deserve each other. The Pats will remind them that they suck.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Yep. Rivers, Merriman, and the whiner LT all deserve each other. The Pats will remind them that they suck.
    glad I am not the only one who feels this way. Up here everyone loves that bandwagon. (for now)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

We reminded them earlier in the season!

Phillip Rivers trash talking is extremely funny being that he sucks!!!
    It's Gonna Be The D Bowe Show!

Yeah but he was trash talking with Cutler...not many QBs Rivers could talk bad about, Cutler is one of them!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast