Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The official.......

Default The official.......

Thread!!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I quit listening to anyone that says T.G. should be traded. You know where Herm needs to be?
    Dude, no player is irreplacable. There are plenty of good teams out there without first ballot hall-of-fame TE's. Also, TE isn't exactly the hardest position to draft for if that's how we would replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Dude, no player is irreplacable. There are plenty of good teams out there without first ballot hall-of-fame TE's. Also, TE isn't exactly the hardest position to draft for if that's how we would replace him.
    It's not a hard position to draft for...unless you play it the way Tony does. He is not a guy that you are going to replace easily.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Well shoot. Maybe Chan Gailey can be a good fit if we give him an Oline to work with. Brodie can't get any worse, maybe LJ will take the diapers off and have another huge year, Tony is still solid and Bowe is only going to get better. So before we put a rope on the gallows let's give this guy a chance.
    Damn it, now go out there and hurt someone!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It's not a hard position to draft for...unless you play it the way Tony does. He is not a guy that you are going to replace easily.
    Once again, you don't need a hall-of-fame TE for the offense to work. We don't ABSOLUTELY NEED that big target over the middle anymore now that Bowe, Webb, and Sippio will be taking up WR spots. TG was essential when we had WRs like Kennison, Hall and Parker among others.

Have you seen the body sizes on Bowe and Sippio? They are huge!!! Gonzo was a great recieving TE, but there was a reason Dunn played as much as he did when we ran the ball. Not to say TG was a poor blocker, but he was best as a reciever.

The ideal TE is somewhere in between. Your leading reciever shouldn't be the TE.

I guess we agree to disagree, but you are talking about replacing a proven recieving threat that has consistently picked up first downs for this team when they had a great offense and a horrible offense. I think having him on the field opened up a lot of things for Bowe (and Sippio to come) and Webb. I am not sold on Sippio or Webb right now. I hope Bowe improves, but I am not ready to toss Tony out and cross my fingers either. Besides...Tony deserves the loyalty of the Chiefs and I personally would be disgusted if he did not get it.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry68 View Post
    Well shoot. Maybe Chan Gailey can be a good fit if we give him an Oline to work with. Brodie can't get any worse, maybe LJ will take the diapers off and have another huge year, Tony is still solid and Bowe is only going to get better. So before we put a rope on the gallows let's give this guy a chance.
    Eggsactly!!

Once again, you don't need a hall-of-fame TE for the offense to work. We don't ABSOLUTELY NEED that big target over the middle anymore now that Bowe, Webb, and Sippio will be taking up WR spots. TG was essential when we had WRs like Kennison, Hall and Parker among others.

Have you seen the body sizes on Bowe and Sippio? They are huge!!! Gonzo was a great recieving TE, but there was a reason Dunn played as much as he did when we ran the ball. Not to say TG was a poor blocker, but he was best as a reciever.

The ideal TE is somewhere in between. Your leading reciever shouldn't be the TE.
    But he is, so we shouldn't get rid of him!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Dude, no player is irreplacable. There are plenty of good teams out there without first ballot hall-of-fame TE's.
    So we should be one too? That makes total sense, now. Of course, we should get rid our first ballot HOF'er.

Also, TE isn't exactly the hardest position to draft for if that's how we would replace him.
    Yeah, there are a lot of phenomenal tight ends out there that put up the numbers T.G. does. You can draft them left and right. You never get rid of a TE that performs the way he does, they're not that common.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I have a funny feeling texaschief is trying to play Fantasy Football with the Chiefs, or something.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Oh good grief man. Get over yourself. I made this thread for laughs but still....

I don't like Herm and I really don't like Gailey.

Doesn't matter though, as long as Carl is in charge we are not going to get to a SB.

That doesn't mean I don't still love my Chiefs.
    Ditto!

That is all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast