Thread: Chiefs Mourn the Loss of "The Big Cat" – Ernie Ladd

Unhappy Chiefs Mourn the Loss of "The Big Cat" – Ernie Ladd

Chiefs Mourn the Loss of "The Big Cat" – Ernie Ladd

Mar 12, 2007, 5:41PM

The Kansas City Chiefs were saddened to learn of the death of former defensive tackle Ernie Ladd. Ladd was 68 years old. He passed away on Saturday in his home state of Louisiana after a prolonged bout with cancer.
    Known to many Chiefs fans as simply “The Big Cat,” Ladd prowled on the Kansas City defensive line for two seasons (’67-68) and was one of the most colorful figures in the 10-year history of the American Football League. The Chiefs obtained Ladd in a mid-season trade with Houston in ‘67. Along with Ladd, Kansas City also received QB Jacky Lee and the Oilers first-round draft choice in ‘68 (used on G George Daney) in exchange for QB Pete Beathard...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/03...t__ernie_ladd/

So long Big Cat! :(

hey man im new to this site and wanted to know how I post thesew threads? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post
    hey man im new to this site and wanted to know how I post thesew threads? thanks
    Just hit the "New Thread" Button bud.
    Attached Images Attached Images

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i just bought his signed mini-helment a couple of weeks ago. payed $15 for it.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i just bought his signed mini-helment a couple of weeks ago. payed $15 for it.

I'll just bet it's worth a lot more now.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i have all but three of the 69 super bowl team signed mini helments and 8x10`s. hunts and strams went up in value but wilsons didnt. my pride-m-joys are bucks and johnny robinson. johnny had a stroke acouple of years ago and cant sign since then,it jumped in price and bucks are real high since hes been dead awhle.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i have all but three of the 69 super bowl team signed mini helments and 8x10`s. hunts and strams went up in value but wilsons didnt. my pride-m-joys are bucks and johnny robinson. johnny had a stroke acouple of years ago and cant sign since then,it jumped in price and bucks are real high since hes been dead awhle.

Keep 'em safe my friend.