Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is he saying here?

Default What is he saying here?

The best thing about Chan Gailey’s hiring is that he has something in common with Chiefs fans. As a former assistant to Bill Cowher, Gailey probably agrees Cowher is the perfect person to lead Arrowhead’s 2009 housecleaning. Jason witlock from the KC star.

Is he implying that cowher coach again or am I on something?

Oh and by the way, Cox was with Atlanta from 1978-1981, and then summarily fired...he was brought back in 1990 and brought the team to the World Series in year #2. Didn't have to wait for success did they. Sure they kept him for 20 years, but he's taken the team to 5 World Series. Comparing him and to Carl Peterson/(name coach hired by Peterson) is irrelevant. Oh and by the way, anyone remember why he got a 2nd chance as Manager???

He was the GM and hired himself!!! It worked out, but it is funny.

FYI---Cox's record as manager (from Wiki)

Last edited by rbedgood; 01-17-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

The word "lost" seems to be very prevelent in those statistics! Especially in the last 8 years. 06 and 07 didn't need it. 5 of those 8 being 1 pump and a dump! Sounds a bit like the Peterson deal with the exception of the one World Series win in 22 years of coaching the team. I would have taken a championship but this is what I'm talking about. The Chiefs could have and did the same thing with Shottenheimer. ( no championship ) but 10 years straight with playoffs and nothing to show for it. Hell, Atlanta can't even sell out those playoff games let alone a regular season game! Sometimes, change is good.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    The word "lost" seems to be very prevelent in those statistics! Especially in the last 8 years. 06 and 07 didn't need it. 5 of those 8 being 1 pump and a dump! Sounds a bit like the Peterson deal with the exception of the one World Series win in 22 years of coaching the team. I would have taken a championship but this is what I'm talking about. The Chiefs could have and did the same thing with Shottenheimer. ( no championship ) but 10 years straight with playoffs and nothing to show for it. Hell, Atlanta can't even sell out those playoff games let alone a regular season game! Sometimes, change is good.
    Ummm...just me yes he lost in the NLDS in 5 of the last 6 tries...however before that he won at least one playoff series in 8 straight years (not counting the strike year where playoffs were cancelled)...And since the Braves won their division every time, that's equivalent to making the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl for 8 straight years...sure he only won one World Series, but I can't think of a team that wouldn't take that modicum of success...(IN ANY SPORT)

The key is Cox won early which has bought him time...
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Ummm...just me yes he lost in the NLDS in 5 of the last 6 tries...however before that he won at least one playoff series in 8 straight years (not counting the strike year where playoffs were cancelled)...And since the Braves won their division every time, that's equivalent to making the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl for 8 straight years...sure he only won one World Series, but I can't think of a team that wouldn't take that modicum of success...(IN ANY SPORT)

The key is Cox won early which has bought him time...
    My case exactly (almost). Shottenheimer did the same thing but it wasn't good enough! Playoffs almost every single year. At some point, just making it isn't good enough anymore for most. I would take those days right now for sure as well would the Braves fans!

Here's a bit of trivia...name a coach who had a tenure with his team for more than five years and didn't take them to at least a Championship game in the first 3 years, but won a Super Bowl after those 3 years...stuck...it doesn't happen. Few coaches get more than 3-4 years to prove they can win...those that do only get a limited time to show they can take the team to the next level...and even guys like Tony Dungy in Tampa, are replaced often before the team they build becomes a champion.

Cowher took a long time to win a Super Bowl, but he reached one in his 3rd year...Billick in his 3rd year, Dungy took 5 years but made the Championship game in year 2...

Basically what I am saying is if a coach is going to have success, it will probably show in the first 3 years. Yes Herm Edwards inherited a team on the decline, and yes Carl Peterson is much to blame for that...however if Herm's team doesn't improve remarkably next year, one has to question his effectiveness as a head coach.
    I would mention Herm's track record again, but I don't want to piss off texaschief!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I would mention Herm's track record again, but I don't want to piss off texaschief!

I left out the track record, but made the statement for you...yes?!

I left out the track record, but made the statement for you...yes?!
    I know guy, just mentioning how pissed he gets that every thread turns in to a Herm bashing fest.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I know guy, just mentioning how pissed he gets that every thread turns in to a Herm bashing fest.
    I'm not bashing Herm. Herm is what we though he was... That's it...Clark let him off the hook!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDAq5tyfk9E&feature=related"]YouTube - Dennis Green Goes Nuts[/ame]
    Last edited by rbedgood; 01-17-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Adding censored version of Denny Green Flip Out

Requested Deletion...this YouTube clip was uncensored...bad words from Denny Green...
    Last edited by rbedgood; 01-17-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Requested Deletion...this YouTube clip was uncensored...bad words from Denny Green...

What?

I just watched it and since I watched it it is gone.

Wow that was quick.

It still gets funnier every time I see it though!

He is actually thinking of having the term "They are who we thought they were" trademarked, so no one else can use it, and he is gonna market it on Tshirts and hats and stuff.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast