As the Post of the Month idea seemingly has fizzled I have a few ideas for awards that could be doled out on a regular basis (probably annually)
I'd say that all nominations should be made by private message so as not to clutter the forums and then have someone set up a poll at end of the year to determine the winner.
1) The Herm Edwards Award---goes to the dumbest post of the year (month, etc.)
2) The Jared Allen Award---goes to the best zing of the year (message board equivalent to the sack)
3) The Tony Gonzalez Award---Lifetime achievement award doled out annually to a member who has demonstrated excellence and has contributed to the community over time
4) The Carl Peterson Award---Given to the poster who we all wish would just go away...TimSatt was in the running for a while, but appears to have either disappeared or is using an alias in a more appropriate toned down manner.
5) Executive of the year---this award would go to everyone's favorite mod or admin (gotta give you guys some appreciation too)
6) The Thomas Edison award---the award for best idea/contribution to the site
The winner of each award should have an Arrowcash bonus (say $50,000) and get a ribbon or trophy displayed in the top right area where the rep, etc. is displayed.
i.e. 2008 Herm Edwards Award Winner on a e-trophy or plaque, etc.?!
Call the awards the Crowdies??