Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd Awards...

Default Chiefs Crowd Awards...

As the Post of the Month idea seemingly has fizzled I have a few ideas for awards that could be doled out on a regular basis (probably annually)

I'd say that all nominations should be made by private message so as not to clutter the forums and then have someone set up a poll at end of the year to determine the winner.

1) The Herm Edwards Award---goes to the dumbest post of the year (month, etc.)

2) The Jared Allen Award---goes to the best zing of the year (message board equivalent to the sack)

3) The Tony Gonzalez Award---Lifetime achievement award doled out annually to a member who has demonstrated excellence and has contributed to the community over time

4) The Carl Peterson Award---Given to the poster who we all wish would just go away...TimSatt was in the running for a while, but appears to have either disappeared or is using an alias in a more appropriate toned down manner.

5) Executive of the year---this award would go to everyone's favorite mod or admin (gotta give you guys some appreciation too)

6) The Thomas Edison award---the award for best idea/contribution to the site

The winner of each award should have an Arrowcash bonus (say $50,000) and get a ribbon or trophy displayed in the top right area where the rep, etc. is displayed.

i.e. 2008 Herm Edwards Award Winner on a e-trophy or plaque, etc.?!

Call the awards the Crowdies??
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I sent him and Chief 31 a pm and an apology and Chief31 took care of it for me.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I sent him and Chief 31 a pm and an apology and Chief31 took care of it for me.
    And he sobbed a little.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    As the Post of the Month idea seemingly has fizzled I have a few ideas for awards that could be doled out on a regular basis (probably annually)

I'd say that all nominations should be made by private message so as not to clutter the forums and then have someone set up a poll at end of the year to determine the winner.

1) The Herm Edwards Award---goes to the dumbest post of the year (month, etc.)

2) The Jared Allen Award---goes to the best zing of the year (message board equivalent to the sack)

3) The Tony Gonzalez Award---Lifetime achievement award doled out annually to a member who has demonstrated excellence and has contributed to the community over time

4) The Carl Peterson Award---Given to the poster who we all wish would just go away...TimSatt was in the running for a while, but appears to have either disappeared or is using an alias in a more appropriate toned down manner.

5) Executive of the year---this award would go to everyone's favorite mod or admin (gotta give you guys some appreciation too)

6) The Thomas Edison award---the award for best idea/contribution to the site

The winner of each award should have an Arrowcash bonus (say $50,000) and get a ribbon or trophy displayed in the top right area where the rep, etc. is displayed.

i.e. 2008 Herm Edwards Award Winner on a e-trophy or plaque, etc.?!

Call the awards the Crowdies??
    I think this is a fun idea. How about changing the thomas edison to lamar hunt awards.... he was the pioneer of football history.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I think this is a fun idea. How about changing the thomas edison to lamar hunt awards.... he was the pioneer of football history.
    True dat!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Good call,
    He said let their be Chiefs and there was Chiefs and they were great. And they were loved.

Fine with me...I was just thinking Inventor/Idea and Edison came to mind...tried to keep the Chiefs theme rolling throughout for y'all.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Who do we pm for nominations?

Who do we pm for nominations?
    Idea would have to be adopted first...?!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Depends on what your wearin sweetie, and how your talkin, if your doing that sweet southern drawl and talking all sexy n stuff you can pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Depends on what your wearin sweetie, and how your talkin, if your doing that sweet southern drawl and talking all sexy n stuff you can pm me.
    Wow. That's just...creepy.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast