Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chiefs Draft

Default Chiefs Draft

This is how I think the Chiefs should use their draft selesctions assuming they do not gain or lose any picks

Round 1 #23- WR
    Dwayne Bowe from LSU would be a perfect fit for the Chiefs and he will probably fall right into the Chiefs' lap at #23.
    Possible others could be Ted Ginn Jr (Ohio State), Robert Meachem (Tennessee), Dwayne Jarrett (USC).

Round 2 #23- OT
    Tony Ugoh from Arkansas could fall to this spot, if not Ryan Harris (Notre Dame). I think the Chiefs hsould get a DT at this spot but there is not a late-second round talent to take at this pick.
    Possible others could be Doug Free (Northern Illinois), Joe Staley (Central Michigan)

Round 3 #23- DT
    There will probably be good third round DT's availible, so the Chiefs should take someone like Turk McBride from Tennessee.
    Others could be Marcus Thomas (Florida) or Ryan McBean (Oklahoma)

Round 4 #23- Chiefs don't have a pick

Round 5 #23- CB
    At this spot we take a corner. Travarious Bain from Hampton might not be there, but if he is this will be an amazing pick for the Chiefs.
    Others could be John Talley (Duke), C.J. Gaddis (Clemson) or Tarell Brown (Texas)

Round 6 #23- FB or CB
    We need a Fullback. It depends who is there or else we will snag another corner. If 1. Le'Ron McClain (Alabama), 2. Cory Snelling (Tennessee), 3. Jason Snelling (Virginia) or 4. Deon Anderson (UConn) is there at this pick, I say grab the best one that is left. If none of them are, the Chiefs should take a corner like Willie Gaston (Houston)

Round 7 #23- CB or QB
    If we got a corner in round 6, take a QB. If we took a Fullback, take a corner. If we are going after a Quarterback, we should take Zac Taylor (Nebraska). Other Quarterbacks could be James Pinkney (East Carolina), Matt Moore (Oregon State) or Luke Getsy (Akron). If we were to take a corner, I say we should take Ryan Smith (Florida) or Michael Coe (Alabama State)

I want a WR because I think it is the position that we need the most help with. Obviously this is debatable. If the WR's that we'd be picking are still going to be around in the 2nd, then obviously it makes sense to wait.

I just am not a big fan of our WR's. The WR's on our squad have benefited from having some good RB's(Priest and LJ) that teams stacked 8 men in the box against.

They are not good WR's though.

Yeah, Coach, I agree. Our WRs are not very talented. I just hate the odds of getting a better reciever, especially with this years crop, in the first round, than in the second or third. I am real high on Anthony Gonzales. ( I swear, it's more than just a name thing.) I fully expect us to take a reciever, in one of the first two rounds. I do like Meachem and Dwayne Bowe, just feel that they will be a slight "reach", at 23rd, overall.

Now, depending upon what happens with Trent, we may have an extra second round pick to play with. I am happy about that prospect.

Smile

I agree with the opinions supporting a wr pick, I am still hoping that the o line will some how be addressed, but until the draft takes place it is fun to speculate on what will happen, I am enjoying all these posts greatly.

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :victory:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

We have a poll running on the home page where you can vote on which position you would like to see drafted.
    http://www.ChiefsCrowd.com

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I want a WR because I think it is the position that we need the most help with. Obviously this is debatable. If the WR's that we'd be picking are still going to be around in the 2nd, then obviously it makes sense to wait.

I just am not a big fan of our WR's. The WR's on our squad have benefited from having some good RB's(Priest and LJ) that teams stacked 8 men in the box against.

They are not good WR's though.
    I agree with this, and (not to beat a dead horse but) they have also benefited from an Offensive line, in years past, that could pass protect giving Green time to step up and deliver the ball between the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree with this, and (not to beat a dead horse but) they have also benefited from an Offensive line, in years past, that could pass protect giving Green time to step up and deliver the ball between the numbers.
    Not to mention, Trent Green can make a WR corps look alot better than what they actually are. (provided proper protection)

Take the best player available that fills a need. Don't let Carl P. pick anymore and let Herm do his magic. Herm seems better at player development that coaching, sometimes. (last year's draft [vs] playoff coaching)
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Not to mention, Trent Green can make a WR corps look alot better than what they actually are. (provided proper protection)
    Exactly! When Trent does retire; I'd like to see him as QB coach.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345