Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Clark being growing a pair?

Default Could Clark being growing a pair?

Hunt backs Edwards, says Chiefs focused on youth

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt today enthusiastically embraced coach Herm Edwards and his plan to rebuild the Chiefs through the draft and with young players.

“I’ve spent a great deal of time thinking about where we are and how we got here and where we go from here and I do think we have the right coach in coach Edwards to help rebuild the team,’’ Hunt said, making his first public remarks since the Chiefs finished 4-12, their worst season in 30 years.

“Philosophically, he and I are on the same page, which is to build the team through the draft and develop a young franchise quarterback along the way. I want our head coach to share that philosophy. He likes to and will play young players. It’s one thing to say you want to build a team that way, but if you’re not willing to develop and play those players in a relatively short time frame, you don’ really know about them when their contract comes up. With Herm, those players are going to play and we’re going to know about every one of them.

“I fully appreciate that the team Herm inherited was an old, veteran team. In fairness to him, he needs to be given the opportunity to build the team in his image. That’s what he’s doing. Unfortunately, it doesn’t happen overnight. It does take several years. I’d like to think coach Edwards is someone who could be here for a very long time period.

Hunt wasn’t as enthusiastic about the future of general manager Carl Peterson. When asked why Peterson was returning for another season, his 20th with the Chiefs, Hunt said, “Continuity there is very important for us this season. As I analyzed the situation, stability in the front-office gives Herm and the team the best chance for success in 2008. Carl obviously has a great long-term track record as general manager. Carl has turned around a bad football team before. He’s done it several times, including here in Kansas City, so he knows how to do it. He and Herm work very well together.’’

When asked whether Peterson would be allowed to finish his contract, which runs for two more seasons, Hunt said, “That’s a decision we’ll make down the road and not something that’s appropriate to comment on now.’’

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/448909.html
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

NOPE. He is on board with Carl's plan.

As of today, I am done spending money on this franchise.

they have slowly made me care less and less about whether or not they win anymore. I used to get soooo worked up after a loss. This year I have been indifferent and expecting them.

Guess I can thank them for lowering my stress levels and making the days between the game more bearable.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

After reading this, I revise my original quote on our record next year. I am going down to 4 and 12 again. There is no way this team is going to be able to field 15 - 18 youngsters and win anything next year. I will go on the record as saying we are not going to be a winning team again until 2009, maybe even 2010. Get ready boys, the road is long and hard.

Why do I say that? Well its like this, young players simply make mistakes, they get holding calls, they get false starts. They make mistakes in coverage and get burned.

Last year, Surtain and Law were able to help cover for the Pollard and Paige crew when they made mistakes, this year Pollard and Paige were better, but the long ball was still a problem.

Next year those goes are gone, who then steps up and helps Pollard and Paige get burned.

I do not see this as good news at all. But who knows, maybe when they start winning again, I will be living near KC and I can get some season tickets cheaper because the fanbase will be gone.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    After reading this, I revise my original quote on our record next year. I am going down to 4 and 12 again. There is no way this team is going to be able to field 15 - 18 youngsters and win anything next year. I will go on the record as saying we are not going to be a winning team again until 2009, maybe even 2010. Get ready boys, the road is long and hard.

Why do I say that? Well its like this, young players simply make mistakes, they get holding calls, they get false starts. They make mistakes in coverage and get burned.

Last year, Surtain and Law were able to help cover for the Pollard and Paige crew when they made mistakes, this year Pollard and Paige were better, but the long ball was still a problem.

Next year those goes are gone, who then steps up and helps Pollard and Paige get burned.

I do not see this as good news at all. But who knows, maybe when they start winning again, I will be living near KC and I can get some season tickets cheaper because the fanbase will be gone.
    Hard to call the shots before the draft and/or free agency...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

The long ball was a problem due to Law and Sutainif you ask me. Old guys make mistakes too...see Chiefster!! Just cause guys are new does not automatically make them bad. I saw some good rookies this year. Guys that really made a difference. DBowe and AP to name a couple. Pollar and Paige will be fine with a couple of corners that can cover man to man without having to give a 15 yard cusion. I understand peoples doubts, but why start hating now??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

true its way to early to be hating. We really need to wait for the draft to be over before we start to judge. And if that is to hard for you to do then you might not be red and gold through and through! get mad but I call it like I see it.

http://www.810whb.com/podcast.asp

Scroll down to "The Program" and you'll see an interview with Clark Hunt. Click on it and you can listen to the whole thing.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I hope Clark grows a pair and just up and fires Carl out of the blue.

That would make me very happy!

If we can keep the D where it is now, and get the O line shored up we have an excellent chance at being well above .500 next year.

Anything but an O lineman in FA or the Draft and I will still have my doubts.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    true its way to early to be hating. We really need to wait for the draft to be over before we start to judge. And if that is to hard for you to do then you might not be red and gold through and through! get mad but I call it like I see it.
    I am not calling out anyones fandom, I was just hoping to see a little hope out of some people this year.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I was not tryin to be rude but I have not been bashing anyone hardly at all, maybe law and surtain but those to have pissed me off way more than hrem has. I would just be real happy with with one game over .500.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast