Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mock drafts.

Default Mock drafts.

Ahhhhh. I like the way this guy drafts for our Chiefs. It is only two rounds, but I love the way that he has things working out.

http://www.draftconnection.com/nfl/mock-draft.php

For the second round, go to picks 33-42, at the bottom of the page.

He has the Chiefs taking two OTs. A bit of exaggeration perhaps, but I would love to see two of our first three picks dedicated to the offensive line. Maybe a guard instead of a tackle, but then many college OTs become OGs in the NFL.

Ideally, I would want an OT, then a CB, and then an OG. (aside from any trade-down scenarios that would bring us extra first day picks, and disregarding any free agents.)

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    You CAN'T trade out of the #5 unless Jake Long is gone. He is a rare talent. You don't see an OT like him in the draft every year. I'd put him a head and shoulder above Joe Thomas from last year. 5.17 is a better than average 40-time, but he showed up well in the agility drills (he's nimble on his feet) and he showed massive power, which would be huge in a run, run, pass offense...you can skip the punt part!!!!
    Long won't make it to the number five spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I like Long but I think you just sold Thomas a little short! He had an unbelievable season! Did not allow 1 sack from his side!!!! Very Impressive!!
    Agreed. Thomas was easily my pick for ROY, over A.P. The Browns' offense has been crap for years, and Thomas joins them, then POW! instant offense.

Long my be a better prospect, that is in the eye of the beholder, but Thomas, in one season, has been all that anyone might have hoped he would be.

Long has his work cut-out for him, if he wants to make the same kind of impact that Thomas did.

I like Longs tools as well as anyone, but Thomas is the cream of the crop as far as drafted OTs goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Long won't make it to the number five spot.
    Hey a guy can hope and dream!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Agreed. Thomas was easily my pick for ROY, over A.P. The Browns' offense has been crap for years, and Thomas joins them, then POW! instant offense.

Long my be a better prospect, that is in the eye of the beholder, but Thomas, in one season, has been all that anyone might have hoped he would be.

Long has his work cut-out for him, if he wants to make the same kind of impact that Thomas did.

I like Longs tools as well as anyone, but Thomas is the cream of the crop as far as drafted OTs goes.
    Cleveland made out like bandits last year, eh?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Cleveland made out like bandits last year, eh?
    Yup. I imagine that they are o.k. with skipping the first round of this years draft, considering how well they did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Hey a guy can hope and dream!

Your right; my apologies...

Continue. :p

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    umm, no. there were many more factors into that offense than a rookie OT. Anderson realized his potential, Winslow stayed healthy, Edwards became the WR he was drafted to be and Jamaal Lewis doesn't hurt ANY rushing attack. It's rediculous to say all that production came from one OL.

Peterson by far should be R.O.Y. he missed a couple games and still was only 140 yards behind LT for the rushing title.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    umm, no. there were many more factors into that offense than a rookie OT. Anderson realized his potential, Winslow stayed healthy, Edwards became the WR he was drafted to be and Jamaal Lewis doesn't hurt ANY rushing attack. It's rediculous to say all that production came from one OL.

Peterson by far should be R.O.Y. he missed a couple games and still was only 140 yards behind LT for the rushing title.
    He couldn't beat the Chiefs!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

lol.....he's the only one.

There are a few ways Jake Long could make it to #5. First of all, Miami likely takes the other Long (DE). Next St Louis would have to trade down, as they're most likely to take an offensive lineman. Atlanta will likely take a QB, and Oakland would have to take one of the top 2 Defensive Tackles to replace Sapp.

In my opinion the two teams most likely to take Jake Long in front of #5 are St Louis and Oakland. Personally I think St Louis is most likely to trade down with Dallas, who would take McFadden. Then the only question is whether Oakland would go after the defensive tackle they desperately need, or Jake Long. Their O-line looked decent the 2nd half of last year, and with Sapp retiring I'd wager they grab Ellis or Dorsey.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat